St. Louis

3FW

Senior
My guess is that he's starting by the Cincy game. Other than Kirby not being a MLB in any sense, my biggest concern is an immobile Kaaya playing behind a line with nobody who can play LT.

Advertisement
Got it right about Kirby...he's definitely a big disappointment. I thought we had something, as he played with some fire his first few years, but his move to OLB last year seemed to confuse him some; and now he seems lost being moved back to MLB. Kid is good in pass coverage, but is soft at contact.

IMO, AL should have let the guy develop at one position.

On the OL, St Louis is a good prospect, but not sure if he's the answer heading into the tougher part of the schedule. All those young guys should have been playing more against BCC & FAU, but it's called poor roster management, aka AL's trademark.

:monkey-serious:

My guess is that he's starting by the Cincy game. Other than Kirby not being a MLB in any sense, my biggest concern is an immobile Kaaya playing behind a line with nobody who can play LT.

Would be huge if he could play that spot. It would leave darling and McDermott as extremely qualified reserves and give us a little depth on the line.

Advertisement
The silver lining with the o-line is that we haven't really mentioned Odogwu. He must be doing an adequate job.

We have played a true freshmen at LT before, and Clemson had a true freshman at LT last night. You play your best player there, period. Fox started every game as a true freshman many at LT and never gave up a sack.

[]_[] swag;2288017 said:
Would be huge if he could play that spot. It would leave darling and McDermott as extremely qualified reserves and give us a little depth on the line.

sad. darling and mcdermott were much more highly rated coming out of hs than st. louis and now they've been reduced to being his reserves. nice development.

[]_[] swag;2288017 said:

sad. darling and mcdermott were much more highly rated coming out of hs than st. louis and now they've been reduced to being his reserves. nice development.

It the most important position on the OL. Didn't Flowers start as a freshman after a few games?

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2288017 said:

It the most important position on the OL. Didn't Flowers start as a freshman after a few games?

Not at LT

Didn't FSU have a true freshman LT last year?

LT - St. Louis
LG - McDermott
C - Linder
RG - Isidora
RT - Darling

Throw St. Louis into the fire this year, just like we did Kaaya last year....this SHOULD be our starting O-Line then next year with a new coach.

We have played a true freshmen at LT before, and Clemson had a true freshman at LT last night. You play your best player there, period. Fox started every game as a true freshman many at LT and never gave up a sack.

Well if it worked one time 8 years ago, it should work now right? Let's ignore the thousands of examples were it didn't work for another team.

The Clemson LT was terrible. He is playing because the starting LT quit the team about a week before the season started.

OL recruiting at Clemson = DT recruiting at Miami... Clemson doesn't have many options.

Last edited:

LT - St. Louis
LG - McDermott
C - Linder
RG - Isidora
RT - Darling

Throw St. Louis into the fire this year, just like we did Kaaya last year....this SHOULD be our starting O-Line then next year with a new coach.

And he Didn't start until the Miami game... They didn't throw him into the fire until he was ready.

A true freshman LT missing a protection call can get a QB killed.

They should put St. Louis in when he is ready.

Last edited:
Advertisement

LT - St. Louis
LG - McDermott
C - Linder
RG - Isidora
RT - Darling

And he Didn't start until the Miami game... They didn't throw him into the fire until he was ready.

A true freshman LT missing a protection call can get a QB killed.

They should put St. Louis in when he is ready.

Anybody missing a protection call can get the QB killed...doesn't matter what year he is

thought I heard during the Okie/Tenn game that Okie was starting two true freshmen on their line and one was the left tackle Orlando Brown. That said, I'm still not happy with the coaching we are getting.

Advertisement
McDermott is a guard skill wise. Right tackle at best. You guys against this move are nuts. Better get Testeverde ready if we are going to continue to play guards at tackle.

Advertisement
Back