St louis

TallyCane

Senior
He was not out there from mid 3rd quarter and on. Did he get benched for scaife or did he get hurt? If so he was benched they need to move him back to RT and put Big Vaughn inside, neither one has looked very comfortable at tackle.

Advertisement
I think they were just giving Scaife reps. Either way our tackles this year have not been good. Donaldson at tackle has been a failure. Don’t know why they insist on keeping him there. If that’s the 2nd best tackle we have on the roster right now than Searels has completely failed at his job.

Give Scaife a look at LT, slide St. Louis to RT and get Donaldson the **** back inside where he belongs. You can protect Scaife a lot easier with a back or a TE if you don't have to worry about RT and the guard spots as much.

Boulware actually played St. Louis' spot. Other than the freshmen, our OLine looks like tomato cans ... very stiff.

He didn't look good. Hasn't looked good all season. We need a solution at that spot.

Advertisement
He didn't look good. Hasn't looked good all season. We need a solution at that spot.
He looks exactly what he has looked like the whole time here. He is playing out of position on the left side and ultimately even on the right he is just above average decent player. Typical off season hype that all fans chugg in the off season had him with unrealistic expectations. Same as Michael Jackson and Donaldson at RT. Donaldson would be a beast at G though.

something happened because he wasn't happy and was sitting alone. saw him at big cheese afterwards and we talked a bit, but he was down and out. look disenchanted.

Wish they would stop being so stubborn and put Donaldson back where he belongs. We took a huge step today by playing a true QB over a FB posing as a QB. Next step, fix that line.

Advertisement
ANther poster said that he was throwing up on the sideline i think he had some heat exhaustion

Advertisement
He looks exactly what he has looked like the whole time here. He is playing out of position on the left side and ultimately even on the right he is just above average decent player. Typical off season hype that all fans chugg in the off season had him with unrealistic expectations. Same as Michael Jackson and Donaldson at RT. Donaldson would be a beast at G though.

Yesterday...

Michael Jackson, Miami (Fla.)
Week 4 Grade
: 90.8

Locking down receivers in his coverage, Jackson was tremendous in the secondary for Miami against FIU. He was targeted six times, allowed just two receptions for a whopping seven yards all for a passer rating of just 42.4 when targeted.

Yesterday...
Against FIU... he struggled against Toledo. His development has been impressive as he has gone from non contributor to our best CB but people were talkng about him being a day 1 or at the very least a day two pick in the off season.

Advertisement
I've been pining for Scaife to take Donaldson's spot at RT for a long while. It'd still be my next move for the OL. However, after re-watching the game this morning, I'd strongly consider giving Scaife extended minutes at LT this Thursday with this re-shuffled line:

LT Scaife - who I think can give us minimum 75% of what St. Louis offers there now, and perhaps some more in the run game
LG Boulware - just give him the vast majority of the snaps and have him and Scaife on the move as run blockers
C Gauthier
RG Donaldson
RT St. Louis

If they don't have the stomach for this lineup because we seem almost "forced" step by step into every move, then I'd still go:

LT St. Louis
LG Boulware
C Gauthier
RG Donaldson
RT Scaife

On a positive note, if you guys get a chance to rewatch the game, try to key on Boulware. That kid played a great game yesterday. In fact, I watched him quite a bit while rewatching the game last night and I didn't see him lose a rep. Guy looked athletic, aggressive and was always working. I hope his play and attitude start to rub off on some of the other o-linemen around him

This should be the lineup going forward. The run game would get better with Donaldson at RG.
LT St. Louis
LG Boulware
C Gauthier
RG Donaldson
RT Scaife

Give Scaife a look at LT, slide St. Louis to RT and get Donaldson the **** back inside where he belongs. You can protect Scaife a lot easier with a back or a TE if you don't have to worry about RT and the guard spots as much.

Overall indictment of the problems with the development program for O-Line.

Why is Miami not getting in the door the best recruit prospects?

Why is Miami not getting the most out of the bull dozers on the roster (regardless of talent)?

Advertisement
Back