Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
I think we're at 85 right now. It would really need to be someone impressive at this point to ***** around with the roster. But I wouldn't be surprised if Mario has a way to pull another scholly or two out of his ***, if he really wants a portal kid. Maybe take it from a PWO and find another way to handle their tuition and fees? Of maybe there's a kid that knows he'll be 4th string not in the portal right now that quietly finds a home at a G5 or lower P5 school?

Advertisement
Good luck to the young man. If he does anything at UMiss, he will be an exception to the performance of our transfers over the past 20 years. Shawnbrey McNeal did alright a decade or so ago, Storm Johnson too, and our former center is starting at UNC. But by and large it's be a tough go for guys who couldn't make the 2 deep at Miami, much less start.
Tyre Brady was real good at Marshall.

umm…
I think we're at 85 right now. It would really need to be someone impressive at this point to ***** around with the roster. But I wouldn't be surprised if Mario has a way to pull another scholly or two out of his ***, if he really wants a portal kid. Maybe take it from a PWO and find another way to handle their tuition and fees? Of maybe there's a kid that knows he'll be 4th string not in the portal right now that quietly finds a home at a G5 or lower P5 school?

1690997653388.gif

My understanding is that if a stud 320lb run stuffing space eater DT dropped into our laps, we'd take them in a heartbeat.

My understanding is that if a stud 320lb run stuffing space eater DT dropped into our laps, we'd take them in a heartbeat.
I wonder if the reason Mario asked the media not to release the official roster is he's waiting on Jackson and might need to cut a current player to make room.

Advertisement
WOW.

That's infinitely bigger than Jackson and FSU. Tez was going to be their guy this year....that's huge.

UNC just got easier to beat.
Not with that qb and defense.

They are formidable though i saw he was supposed to be their guy. They replaced Josh Downs with Mccollum from GA TECH.

Advertisement
Not with that qb and defense.

They are formidable though i saw he was supposed to be their guy. They replaced Josh Downs with Mccollum from GA TECH.
Came here to say they still have the McCollum kid. Wanted him here badly.

Maye will still light teams up.

But they still aren't stopping anyone. Rattler and SC might drop 50 on them and lose week 1.

Came here to say they still have the McCollum kid. Wanted him here badly

But they still aren't stopping anyone. Rattler and SC might drop 50 on them and lose week 1.
I forgot about McCollum. Good call - you too @gogeta4.

Came here to say they still have the McCollum kid. Wanted him here badly.

Their DL is big as **** but their lbs and secondary are usually where u can eat on them.

Their OL is old as **** and guys like Gaynor. guys from 2017 str8 across the board. lol

I have always hated UNC so i track them yearly. They are the textbook look like Tarzan team.....they are pretty put together off the huff

Advertisement
Their DL is big as **** but their lbs and secondary are usually where u can eat on them.

Their OL is old as **** and guys like Gaynor. guys from 2017 str8 across the board. lol

I have always hated UNC so i track them yearly. They are the textbook look like Tarzan team.....they are pretty put together off the huff
That old OL is old cause them guys aren’t nfl guys. If they were they’d have left already instead of using double covid redshirt seasons. Gaynor is ancient. He’s on that patchan plan

Replacing Longo with Chip Lindsey is one of the tougher scenes.

It seems like the 2 kids from Apopka on the OL have been there for a decade now

Their secondary is going to be BAD. They do have the 1 guy that is pretty good back at LB and some promising young guys and then added Amari Gainer from FSU. I don't think they'll get havoc up front or cover well at all.

Advertisement
Back