Spring Transfer Portal

The JW hate is beyond silly. Dude played hurt all year while others folded. He had 20 tackles with one shoulder last two games. Graded out top 8 in America last year in coverage. Canes are 14-14 since he got to college, tbh we’re lucky he hasn’t left for a different school who would utilize him correctly.
Is that what you call tackling? Looks like pin ball to me, and he’s been doing it for two years.

I’m not saying get rid of him, but bring someone in to push him. He doesn’t deserve a starting spot handed to him, he’s done nothing to earn it other than being a five star in high school.

Advertisement
All Mario talks about is talent acquisition including the use of the portal but he seems to be behind on this aspect. Our only saving grace has been guys from Miami who want to come home. Why do we seem to be so delayed when we have major holes on the roster? Admissions issue?

Advertisement
Is Jaden Davis better then this guy?
If one midget is slightly taller than another midget, it doesn’t make him tall. He’s still a midget.

In this case, Storm got beat out at Penn St and landed back immediately to a place where he’ll play. He’s fine, better than Davis…but him and Davis shouldn’t be the bar.

Go get Richard from Vandy and/or the Tulane kid.

I'm going to give it one more season with Guidry. I still have faith here, always felt like it was dumb to rush him, especially as a true freshman. But I'm all in on backup options. Hopefully Markeith is ready to go right away and we pull in a portal kid.

p.s. We need to stop rushing kids in general. It's hurt Williams, Taylor, Zion, and many many others. I'm not saying don't play kids when they're ready. Mauigoa is clearly ready right now as a true freshman OT. Ray Ray is going to have meaningful playing time. Kinchens was a no brainer to play early. I'm fine with that. But our lack of talented depth has forced some guys in too early and set them back severely, in many cases ruined them
5 star kids expect to start freshman year or they portal out. They also expect big NIL and you're not paying them to sit on the bench only to find out they are a JAG later. Is what it is.

The JW hate is beyond silly. Dude played hurt all year while others folded. He had 20 tackles with one shoulder last two games. Graded out top 8 in America last year in coverage. Canes are 14-14 since he got to college, tbh we’re lucky he hasn’t left for a different school who would utilize him correctly.
He what? Source, link, further proof of this please.

Advertisement
All Mario talks about is talent acquisition including the use of the portal but he seems to be behind on this aspect. Our only saving grace has been guys from Miami who want to come home. Why do we seem to be so delayed when we have major holes on the roster? Admissions issue?
I'm sure it's a number of things.

He's taken his time with everything he's done. I'm sure Highsmith has to evaluate the player too and I'm sure he takes his time too.

I wouldn't be surprised if a coordinator wanted to offer a guy but has to wait until all the top dudes have individually evaluated him and had a meeting about it.

I think alot of the other programs have unaffiliated guys reaching out before hand, and I think Miami probably doesn't do that alot.

Mario seems to focus more on building relationships with highschool kids and their families, and isn't open-minded to modern competitive concepts and necessities.

If he graded out that high the grading system is 100 percent garbage , not 80 percent garbage.
I'm saying, buddy tried to sneak that one in there with no one noticing lol. I had to double take when I read that. Took a nap and read it again just to make sure I wasn't trippin.

I need to know what website/grading scale put JW20 top 8 in pass coverage so I never visit that site again.

Difficult People Reaction GIF by HULU
Turrab

Advertisement
Advertisement

Good questions. Where's the Portal Director he hired from Michigan State?

**** ... thought Mario would be all over this

Cristobal getting top talent from the portal?

Jim Carrey Lol GIF

If you think the portal is important, then should have hired Lane Kiffin or another coach that sees value in it. For better or worse, Cristobal thinks a roster should be built through high school recruiting. Simple as that.

He what? Source, link, further proof of this please.
His overall grade was 73.5 which wasn’t bad but not great either it means he was about average last year. I don’t know about that coverage grade but he seem to be decent when he was asked to play man but had some issues when he had to play over top

Even with portal additions it still could happen. We still are going to lack depth at a few spots
You’re right, but let me paint a picture for you quick, and you tell me how many wins this team can generate.

QB: TVD
RB: McKaskill/Parrish/Chaney
WRs: Three of Young/Henderson/Hudson/Restrepo/George
OL: Rivers or Miller (Purdue, or instert quality tackle) Cooper/Lee/Cohen/Francis
TE: Skinner/Arroyo/McCormack

DE: Mesidor/Bain/Geer/Kelly/Harvey
DT: Taylor/Deen/Tywone/Moten
LB: Cisco/Hart Jr/Bissanthe/Smith
DB: Brown/Richard and/or Canady/DPJ
S: Kinchens/Hill/Williams

Talent is there…and suddenly, not too many holes…

We’ve got money right? So what’s the holdup?

Advertisement
Back