Spring Transfer Portal

At least Colorado gives us something to talk about I guess, and you’re right about two sides to the discussion…

Side 1: Roster flipping at UF, FSU and CU —- hahahahahaha… new coach, y u lose players? u so dumb!!!

Side 2: Roster flipping at Miami — these guys suck, get them out of here, there is a new sheriff in town and if these lazy pieces of **** can’t handle Super Mario World, good riddance.

Side 3: Mario has managed to keep the number of scholarship players close to 85.

Any questions?

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually meant this spring portal free agency…

He might. But we cannot emphasize one period to the exclusion of the other. Two halves to this game. We did well in the first half. We're in the game. Time to close strong.

Let me guess his kid was one of the 13 to earn a number. Probably had a number day one just like he was named starting QB a minute after his dad signed his contract with CU. That right there should tell the kids everything they need to know about the culture he wants to build. Everyone but my kid has to work hard to earn their spot. Surprised the other QBs didn't all just up and leave at that point. Why should I stick around if you aren't even going to give me a chance to compete.

13 guys earned numbers. One just left.

I'd be willing to bet money that both Sanders earned numbers, plus Hunter and McClain.

So they have 8 other good players...

I've also heard of a few kids at Miami who aren't in the portal, and technically won't be for a bit, but they've been told they no longer have a spot. I know 1 of these kids plans on graduating first and will have the credits to graduate at the end of the summer. Grad transfers can enter at any time not just in the portal windows.

Could see a few of those. Also may never be announced for guys like Matocha who just get their degree and retire from football.

I did expect to see a few more young guys that just can't hang or are unhappy to dip. I think a lot of the fringe players are scared. Only like 30-40% make it out of the portal to a new school.

And if you look at the latest roster, Peyton Matocha isn't even listed. I think we have our answer there.

Advertisement

Ajou? Here?

Robin Hood Men In Tights Reebok GIF

This would be a pretty solid start to portal free agency
If we can add:

DL-Brandon Deen -Last 2 seasons: 54 TACKLES/13.5 TFL/5.5 SACKS Honorable mention Big 10 last 2 seasons
DL-Thomas Gore-Last 2 seasons: 82 TACKLES/17 TFL/7.5 SACKS-PFF ranked #1 DT in portal -Maybe a little aggressive ranking

LB-Fransisco Mauigoa-60 tackles/5.5 TFL/3.5 SACKS/1 INT
CB-Devante Brown-2021 was 4th in AAC in passes defended, was 3rd team ALL-AAC per PFF 2021
TE-Cam McCormick-veteran caught 3 TD passes last season, very good blocking TE
OL-Javian Cohen-2 year starter at Alabama, 2nd team All-SEC in 2022
OL-Matt Lee-2 year starter at UCF, 2nd Team ALL AAC in 2022, 1st team ALL-AAC per PFF
WR-Xavier Henderson-starter at WR for the jorts, 73 catches/835 yards/5 TD's in career
DT-Tywone Malone-6'4 300 pound athletic DT with 3 years of eligibility left
CB-Jaden Davis-starter for 2 years at OU

that is a really solid portal haul, and not done yet

Advertisement
adding him and Malone would def give us depth and hopefully one of them plays above what is expected which is a piece to the portal as well. Just hope to get the light switching getting flipped season or two.

Advertisement
Gaby says we are not pursing any OL other then Cristobal to his knowledge. Not sure why Cristobal has committed yet if we're actually pursuing him? Is he really debating going to Western Kentucky and Jacksonville state over us?

Gaby says we are not pursing any OL other then Cristobal to his knowledge. Not sure why Cristobal has committed yet if we're actually pursuing him? Is he really debating going to Western Kentucky and Jacksonville state over us?
I mean it’s basically get playing time for those schools or ride the bench permanently at Miami.

Advertisement
What would you rather do? Not play at Miami or potentially start at a lower tier school.

I'm shocked you can't figure this out. But then again, you were one of the people who overreacted about Lou "taking a scholarship slot" from someone more talented.

Advertisement
Back