Spring Transfer Portal

Eventhough I enjoy anything that makes Prime look bad, there's a second side to this....

Players on a BAD Colorado team, a team that went 1-11 last year (4-8 the year before) are leaving because of NIL? Why's that again? Do they feel they are entitled to money simply for showing up? If so, it sounds like the "everyone gets a trophy" little league stuff has made it to CFB.
No, it's because they signed NIL deals and aren't getting what they were promised. There's been a lot of discussion about Colorado's intentionally confusing NIL contracts.

Advertisement
Side 1: Roster flipping at UF, FSU and CU —- hahahahahaha… new coach, y u lose players? u so dumb!!
Side 2: Roster flipping at Miami — these guys suck, get them out of here, there is a new sheriff in town
I don't see the problem here.
pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

At least Colorado gives us something to talk about I guess, and you’re right about two sides to the discussion…

Side 1: Roster flipping at UF, FSU and CU —- hahahahahaha… new coach, y u lose players? u so dumb!!!

Side 2: Roster flipping at Miami — these guys suck, get them out of here, there is a new sheriff in town and if these lazy pieces of **** can’t handle Super Mario World, good riddance.
It's only "flipping" if you're replacing the guys who left with better players. If guys are just leaving and you're not bringing in upgrades, you're just losing players.

No, it's because they signed NIL deals and aren't getting what they were promised. There's been a lot of discussion about Colorado's intentionally confusing NIL contracts.
I wouldn't doubt for a second that these 18 players were offered some incentive to all depart on the same day. There's no such thing as bad press and the one thing Deion likes to see in the news is Deion.

Advertisement
I wouldn't doubt for a second that these 18 players were offered some incentive to all depart on the same day. There's no such thing as bad press and the one thing Deion likes to see in the news is Deion.
Except a few of the guys who left were going to be starters. Deion had an off season program where players had to "earn" their numbers. Only 13 guys on the roster "earned" their number. One of those guys entered the portal yesterday. It's not just guys they don't want around.

It's only "flipping" if you're replacing the guys who left with better players. If guys are just leaving and you're not bringing in upgrades, you're just losing players.
Absolutely. Will Colorado be better because they have 67 players in 2023 versus 83 players in 2022. Even if the flipped roster is qualitatively better, having such little depth is itself a detriment.

Advertisement
How many of the kids leaving would even be getting NIL? Aren't the vast majority of the ones leaving ones that have been there since before Deion? I really doubt they were getting anything.

My guess is he didn't push a lot of these guys out specifically but said/did something that turned a lot of them off (like the comment that so many didn't belong) and told them if they weren't happy then they should leave and then a lot more people than he was expecting took the offer.
Just wait for these kids to have him as coach for a full year. There will be a ton more leave. See the problem is Sanders still thinks his sht don't stink and it rubs people the wrong way. Kids these days won't take it especially now that the portal and NIL have made it easy to leave.

Apparently our fans. lol

sh*t is Cane Tears...who gives a f about Colorado Buffs....if they win 2 games next year thats progress...

Deion will still slap a few of yalls favorite hc for a kid or 2 in each recruiting cycle cause thats just what it is..mfer slapped ppl around to get kids to Jackson State...JACKSON STATE...
walked in late and clowned us for Cormani Mclain...matter of fact he got us twice...ok i see why we tracking these transfers now lol
I'm starting to think Mclain clowned himself. It's going to be fun to watch this all implode.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Except a few of the guys who left were going to be starters. Deion had an off season program where players had to "earn" their numbers. Only 13 guys on the roster "earned" their number. One of those guys entered the portal yesterday. It's not just guys they don't want around.
Let me guess his kid was one of the 13 to earn a number. Probably had a number day one just like he was named starting QB a minute after his dad signed his contract with CU. That right there should tell the kids everything they need to know about the culture he wants to build. Everyone but my kid has to work hard to earn their spot. Surprised the other QBs didn't all just up and leave at that point. Why should I stick around if you aren't even going to give me a chance to compete.

Advertisement
At least Colorado gives us something to talk about I guess, and you’re right about two sides to the discussion…

Side 1: Roster flipping at UF, FSU and CU —- hahahahahaha… new coach, y u lose players? u so dumb!!!

Side 2: Roster flipping at Miami — these guys suck, get them out of here, there is a new sheriff in town and if these lazy pieces of **** can’t handle Super Mario World, good riddance.

Eh too black and white. The problem with CU is too many are leaving. Deion has one year to fill the roster to 85 (I believe this year is the last unlimited counters exception). If he doesn’t, he’s essentially given CU the death penalty.

Also, some decent players are leaving (relative to their team), the players he should want to keep for now. We’d be ****ed losing say, Ahmmon Richards after his freshman year here and they’ve lost their version of that already (fr leading receiver form last year). Also a lot of chatter about ****ed up NIL. Deion will be hard pressed to fill a roster with better players if they have **** NIL and go winless.

Advertisement
Back