Spring Preview: Tight Ends

View as article
Honestly Brevin is gunna start no question imo.
Irvin Jr is gunna do something stupid and get suspended again.
Mallory is primarily going to be used in the flex, he's not big enough to be inline at this point.
Im hoping Polendey is up to closer to 250lbs than this bs 230lbs he's listed at. Thats way too ******* light for him to be making an impact as an inline blocking TE for us, and thats what he needs to do if he wants to see the field.

What are you basing this off of? like really.

Why the cynicism?

Brevin aint starting either.

Advertisement
Are we still going to the "I" formation this year cuz if we are we better **** sure get some blocking out of these TE's.

Who said anything about the "I" ?

We are definitely using the RPO as the staple of our offense and that isn't run from under center.

We will probably add some I packages but that, imo, will tell us Rosier isn't going to start because he can barely play from shotgun.

I **** sure don't see him taking drops and turning his back to a defense.

He will throw 30 pics.... sheesh

IMO BOTH freshmen Jordan and Mallory will play a LOT this year. I think either is better as is than what we have now.

Irvin was a tweener. Too slow to be a WR and never took to blocking well.

Unfortunately for him now he's is history. Because both Freshman bring more to the table than Irvin can, size, speed, blocking etc. Both are also nightmares to cover in the red zone.

I agree that Mallory can stand a few lbs but he can gain that quickly before the Fall. His size and speed will put him as #2 behind Jordan

I think Irvin will transfer after the Spring.

Agreed I think Jordan and Mallory are likely 1 and 2 next year. Irvin can still help though. He may not have the measurables the two FR have, but he does have good hands. And if Polendy is heavier and stronger, he might be able to help as a blocking TE.

The fact that he's already been suspended at least twice, once in each of the last 2 Seasons....both of which have come in the last 1.25 years.

Touche'

I just don't see him making any more mistakes and I think he will have a breakout season.

I'd rather be a skeptic until the 3rd strike.

Hes a spoiled and entitled kid. He had his wakeup call, Especially after Herndon got hurt.

Advertisement
Touche'

I just don't see him making any more mistakes and I think he will have a breakout season.

Hes a spoiled and entitled kid. He had his wakeup call, Especially after Herndon got hurt.
well I hope, but im not confident with Irvin jr.

Regardless Brevin is the better talent, and it honestly isn't even close. Also, Brevin is AT LEAST 6'3" 250lbs. That means he was heavier or within 6lbs of 14 out of the 17 TEs that participated at the NFL Combine this week. So He has the size RIGHT NOW to be a starting TE for us.

Jordan is guaranteed starter but Irvin is going to get his share of reps. Mallory shouldn't really be impacted in terms of getting on the field bc he isn't a traditional TE.

Touche'

Let's hope so.

Advertisement
If any of these TEs are going to specialize in blocking it will be Irving imo

They MAY start out slow this season but by game five they will be a two headed monster that will be tough to stop.

Imo they are both elite talents with high footballl IQs. Their learning curve will be much shorter and smaller than your typical super hyped recruit.

Irvin has shown neither of those things and you have to tack on some apparent maturity issues to boot.

No bueno.

Michael’s son will be an afterthought by mid October.

Who said anything about the "I" ?

We are definitely using the RPO as the staple of our offense and that isn't run from under center.

We will probably add some I packages but that, imo, will tell us Rosier isn't going to start because he can barely play from shotgun.

I **** sure don't see him taking drops and turning his back to a defense.

He will throw 30 pics.... sheesh

I've seen it a few places bout the "I" Even Richt said something about it after the season. The reason we went so hard on a big FB-I'm sure we still will run some gun but the way I understood it, the "I" was gonna be the main Off. we'll see?

Jordan is guaranteed starter but Irvin is going to get his share of reps. Mallory shouldn't really be impacted in terms of getting on the field bc he isn't a traditional TE.

IMO we slot Mallory anyway-he has the speed to burn any LB's and most DB's. If used right he can be a huge weapon too early.

Advertisement
Go with 3 WRs, Dallas and RB to attack defenses if TEs not productive. Offense should average 40 points a game!

Advertisement
Back