Spring Spring PractiSe 6: Saturday March 23

Advertisement
Your schtick has become so annoying that I finally have to put you on ignore.

@TheOriginalCane had you pegged a long time ago. There is literally no subject on here where you don't add a negative comment about the staff, players, team or program. What a worthless way to go through life. Go ahead and reply "K" or some other snarky comment, I won't know because you're one of less than a dozen guys on here I have determined have no redeemable value whatsoever on this board.

"Ignore"

IMG_1455.gif

Better players and another year of development should result in a better team, for sure...

I'm looking forward to this season and the '25 class.
another 7-8 years of stacking Top 3 clssses and Miami will get a 9 or 10 win season.

@Memnon 's plan is coming together

#StackingAfterStackingAfterStackingSquaredLeadsToExcellence

Advertisement
Advertisement
I want both but Regardless of who we land or don’t land in the portal, it’s minimum 10 wins or the season is a failure.
I hope the West Virginia RB Cj Donaldson wants to come home. Cam is going to best so much better than TVD we definitely hitting 10 wins he's gonna make our receivers look a lot better also and it will open up the run game with our O line! This year gonna be special my boy! Give me a Safety and a RB! Move George to X, JoJo at Z, Strep at slot. Horton behind George, Carr behind Jojo and Ray Ray behind X an let's ride

I hope the West Virginia RB Cj Donaldson wants to come home. Cam is going to best so much better than TVD we definitely hitting 10 wins he's gonna make our receivers look a lot better also and it will open up the run game with our O line! This year gonna be special my boy! Give me a Safety and a RB! Move George to X, JoJo at Z, Strep at slot. Horton behind George, Carr behind Jojo and Ray Ray behind X an let's ride
NGL I haven’t watched much of WV and Donaldson but isn’t he just a bigger version of Parrish? A guy who will get you 4 to 5 yards consistently but won’t break any long runs?

NGL I haven’t watched much of WV and Donaldson but isn’t he just a bigger version of Parrish? A guy who will get you 4 to 5 yards consistently but won’t break any long runs?
My personal concerns with Donaldson are outlined below.

Now before someone makes me out to be a villain, we could do a lot worse in terms of portal RBs. Now with that being said, I don’t think he’s a major upgrade over Parrish.

For starters, he’s been injured both seasons. In 2022, he came out of the gates lightning hot, but sustained a season-ending lower leg injury against TCU in game 7. Still, a second-team All Conference performer is nothing to slouch at.

In 2023 he got banged up multiple times throughout the season, culminating in a very poor November finish and had to miss their bowl game. He hit the 100 yard mark just three times in 2023, something he did four times as a change of pace guy the year prior despite having nearly 100 less carries. Overall, his ypc dropped from 6.0 to 4.7, and freshman Jaheim White ended up out-gaining him by 42 yards despite having 62(!!!) less carries.

Donaldson’s longest run in 2023 was 32 yards against the mighty defense of UCF. The chunk plays that we saw in 2022 just weren’t there when he was the featured bell cow.

Do we know if he’s portal bound? Not sure. He’ll be dealing with a split backfield, so maybe.

He’s not even in my personal top 15 RBs we could grab, and given the hype surrounding the incoming RB1, I’d be disappointed (but not surprised) if that hype = CJ Donaldson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back