Spring Spring PractiSe #5

Advertisement
I walked over today after the gym and watched 5 minutes. Here are my incredibly insightful notes:

-First thing I noticed was JT. Maybe I am biased b/c I am a Fins fan, but man, hearing JT was joining the staff was cool, but seeing him on the field giving instruction is even cooler. I am so impressed; the guy made a lot of $ and did well with his $ and could likely spend the rest of his years vacationing and earning a decent living doing the Fins games. That he wants to commit his time here in the day-to-day grind is impressive. Last, as if Mario needed any help, the fact he can tell a HS recruit that he can get input, instruction, advice, etc. from a legend is quite an asset. I'd be really interested if I was a HS DE or a transfer. I saw JT coaching up Harvey after a couple plays.
-Speaking of which, they were running drills running the ball. Harvey made a couple nice plays. Flagg also made a nice play. He looks leaner, albeit smaller.
-Only backs I saw were Parrish (#21, right?) and Thad. Thad looks and plays like a throwback. He looks like a Michigan State 90s RB that goes 40-200 every game. Folks have commented his conditioning is better, but he's still a big *** man. I'd want no piece of him. He's likely bigger than many of our LBs. He broke a few tackles. He's no scat back but shifty enough and has great balance and stays on his feet after contact. Even when he was tackled, he was stumbling ahead for an extra yard and a half. The D line did a great job run blocking on several plays but I also observed 2 huge holes, one of which I could have run through.
-Cristobal was right in the middle during this drill (which I presume was 7 on 7? I wasn't paying too much attention).
-It was on the complete opposite end of where I was, but it looked like there were a lot of recruits or folks out there on the sidelines watching.
thanks for the insight

South Broward?!?! Lmao. Wooooowww!! I haven’t heard that school’s name since basketball girl who could dunk like Lebron was there. That was like 2004-05.
One of my former players was on that squad. White girl who probably had the most natural talent Ive ever come across in an amateur, male or female.

She just didn't have that killer instinct tho. **** still bugs me to this day.

Advertisement
I walked over today after the gym and watched 5 minutes. Here are my incredibly insightful notes:

-First thing I noticed was JT. Maybe I am biased b/c I am a Fins fan, but man, hearing JT was joining the staff was cool, but seeing him on the field giving instruction is even cooler. I am so impressed; the guy made a lot of $ and did well with his $ and could likely spend the rest of his years vacationing and earning a decent living doing the Fins games. That he wants to commit his time here in the day-to-day grind is impressive. Last, as if Mario needed any help, the fact he can tell a HS recruit that he can get input, instruction, advice, etc. from a legend is quite an asset. I'd be really interested if I was a HS DE or a transfer. I saw JT coaching up Harvey after a couple plays.
-Speaking of which, they were running drills running the ball. Harvey made a couple nice plays. Flagg also made a nice play. He looks leaner, albeit smaller.
-Only backs I saw were Parrish (#21, right?) and Thad. Thad looks and plays like a throwback. He looks like a Michigan State 90s RB that goes 40-200 every game. Folks have commented his conditioning is better, but he's still a big *** man. I'd want no piece of him. He's likely bigger than many of our LBs. He broke a few tackles. He's no scat back but shifty enough and has great balance and stays on his feet after contact. Even when he was tackled, he was stumbling ahead for an extra yard and a half. The D line did a great job run blocking on several plays but I also observed 2 huge holes, one of which I could have run through.
-Cristobal was right in the middle during this drill (which I presume was 7 on 7? I wasn't paying too much attention).
-It was on the complete opposite end of where I was, but it looked like there were a lot of recruits or folks out there on the sidelines watching.
Good stuff man, appreciate it

Advertisement
If you didn't understand the difference previously NOW you do. Previous staff Ed Is a billboard. He's not called for coaching assistance so he offers none. NEW STAFF Ed on field walking kids through drills sharing coaching duties, hands on coaching kids up...
On top of the fact that all these former players are allowed back and want to be back. Before all this no former player on the sideline bs is so the previous staff couldn’t be held accountable in the moment

South Broward?!?! Lmao. Wooooowww!! I haven’t heard that school’s name since basketball girl who could dunk like Lebron was there. That was like 2004-05.
Tamara James, who eventually played at UM and in the WNBA is now mayor of Dania Beach. I don't think she could dunk though. She's not very tall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back