Spring Spring PractiSe #5

If you didn't understand the difference previously NOW you do. Previous staff Ed Is a billboard. He's not called for coaching assistance so he offers none. NEW STAFF Ed on field walking kids through drills sharing coaching duties, hands on coaching kids up...
Now all of the truths about our previous staff and its leadership (or lack thereof), is starting to come out.

Advertisement
Great stuff today.

I'll keep saying it..Kam vs Tae come Fall will be the battle to watch. They both will play alot. But somebody gotta start, right?

People keep sending Daz to the portal like we got 5 legit WRs in the rotation ready to go. We got 3..and ZERO maybes. This is a horrible spades hand. LOL. Those last 2-3 spots are up for grabs. Any WR looking to transfer is crazy right now. Its an open competition after KSmith, Jacolby and X. (and I wouldnt be opposed to Mario bringing in a proven transfer that would be ready to go if we dont find some guys to step up either)

TVD looks like hes in mid-season form and its only Spring. Sheesh. Talk about a guy who is locked in. Garcia did the smart thing. TVD is gone after this season unless something crazy happens.
All 3 will be on the field together and a lot

Some other comments from the staff press conferences:

Jahmile Addae:
“It’s actually going well, probably a lot better than most of us thought as a staff,” Addae said. “A hungry group, motivated group, a group that really wants to be great.

“We’ve been really impressed with how they’re working, their intent, and their attention to detail. … The energy is just contagious.”

“This defensive backs group has taken everything that we’ve given them and ran with it,” Addae said. “There is no clash, no division, none of that. You can tell they are coming together in a different way, and that’s important, probably the most important aspect of the team.

“In terms of their physical ability, they have what we need.”

Advertisement
1648139180971.png

1648139240926.png

All 3 will be on the field together and a lot
With the way things are shaping up and how Steele said his best players will be on the field by any means necessary..I wouldnt be opposed to a 4-2-5 defense. I think LSU did this when they went undefeated that year (and lost to Bama in the title game) and had Honey Badger and Morris Claiborne in the secondary. I seem to remember they operated in a 4-2-5 the majority of the time because of the amount of talent they had in the secondary. Couldnt keep it on the sidelines.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the way things are shaping up and how Steele said his best players will be on the field by any means necessary..I wouldnt be opposed to a 4-2-5 defense. I think LSU did this when they went undefeated that year (and lost to Bama in the title game) and had Honey Badger and Morris Claiborne in the secondary. I seem to remember they operated in a 4-2-5 the majority of the time because of the amount of talent they had in the secondary. Couldnt keep it on the sidelines.

Lmao we've been a 4-2-5 under Manny, just a shíttier undisciplined version.

I swear, listening to coaches interviews, now, is a breathe of fresh air. I can't tell you how much I hated hearing 'coach speak' from guys who had no business being in Coral Gables.

Allan Haye stuffed a run and got some love from Coach Joe

We need a real NT like yesterday. I couldnt be happier Haye's name keeps coming up!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back