Spring Spring PractiSe #15 SPRING GAME Saturday April 13 4 pm

Was this the first time many of you ever seen Ward play?

Apparently.

Realizing that what we saw yesterday was a scripted practice as opposed to a full on scrimmage (at least in my opinion), that was an average performance (for him).

If you watched all his games last year, and to TBH I only watched condensed versions, he’s much more dynamic than what we saw yesterday.

I’m kind of amazed how his play yesterday seems to be a revelation to some in the media, and even here. Yesterday was no surprise and shouldn’t change anyones’s opinion. He was already the goods before yesterday. I honestly just watched to see what shape he was in, I already know what he can do.

If anyone has not watched it, watch the condensed Washington game. You’ll get an idea of what this guy is in that game.

Advertisement
Apparently.

Realizing that what we saw yesterday was a scripted practice as opposed to a full on scrimmage (at least in my opinion), that was an average performance (for him).

If you watched all his games last year, and to TBH I only watched condensed versions, he’s much more dynamic than what we saw yesterday.

I’m kind of amazed how his play yesterday seems to be a revelation to some in the media, and even here. Yesterday was no surprise and shouldn’t change anyones’s opinion. He was already the goods before yesterday. I honestly just watched to see what shape he was in, I already know what he can do.

If anyone has not watched it, watch the condensed Washington game. You’ll get an idea of what this guy is in that game.
The people in our media barely understand our games and definitely know even less about cfb world overall. Even less than our fans overall.

What about the WR room are you not a fan of?
Horton looks the part and is ready to break out. His speed has improved significantly. Carr's catch across the middle was spectacular. Trader is as advertised. The fact that Ward is going to extend plays is going to really help the receiving room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So, you're saying he has the highest ceiling but the lowest floor.

QB is the one position where coaches want a comfort level that they know what they're going to get. That's difficult to overcome.
I’m saying he’s improved drastically. If he keeps improving and can find a way to execute routine plays more consistently, then this won’t even be a debate. His skill set is clearly better than the other two. He needs reps.

Letting him walk in the portal because of Emory, Judd and Poff seems like a horrible idea.

I’m saying he’s improved drastically. If he keeps improving and can find a way to execute routine plays more consistently, then this won’t even be a debate. His skill set is clearly better than the other two. He needs reps.

Letting him walk in the portal because of Emory, Judd and Poff seems like a horrible idea.
Here's the thing...JB's actual overall skillset for QB position is not better that EW's for sure, remains to be seen about Big Poffa*...

c'mon now...

*shout out to CIS member who coined phrase

Apparently.

You wanted to see Ward in this offense and what Dawson is going to do with him. I think we are going to see more air raid concepts and we will be 55/45 pass to run. If Ward does well with ball security, then he is going to have a huge year. Even with the change in clock, Bernie's season yardage record is in jeopardy.

Advertisement
Apparently.

Point taken but his average performance was better than the best we have had in years. I’m excited and 8/31 can’t come soon enough.

You wanted to see Ward in this offense and what Dawson is going to do with him. I think we are going to see more air raid concepts and we will be 55/45 pass to run. If Ward does well with ball security, then he is going to have a huge year. Even with the change in clock, Bernie's season yardage record is in jeopardy.
A buddy of mine brought that topic up the other day. I could see it. There isn’t a defense on this schedule that scares me.

With all the portal talk of "Miami needs upgrades"...

Uhm...

Who is leaving? Unless 🪽 Cristóbal is running some Saban blue/grey/alien shirt kinda operation with players...

Canes outta slots meng.
If any of the following names enter the portal, I will not be surprised. I'm not saying they're all leaving but it wouldn't make my jaw drop.

Reese Poffenbarger
Jacurri Brown
Trevonte Citizen
Chris Johnson
Michael Redding
Shemar Kirk
Robby Washington
Jackson Carver
Jonathan Denis
Zion Nelson
Antonio Tripp
Frankie Tinilau
Anthony Campbell
Thomas Gore
Bobby Washington
Chase Smith
Demetrius Freeney
Brian Balom
Markeith Williams

Here's the thing...JB's actual overall skillset for QB position is not better that EW's for sure, remains to be seen about Big Poffa*...

c'mon now...

*shout out to CIS member who coined phrase
Emory is more accurate but honestly not by that much. Emory has his wtf moments too and he’s not a guy that can threaten a defense downfield.

Let’s put our Madden hat on.
Throw Power: JB
Speed: JB
Strength: JB
Awareness: Push maybe Emory
Short accuracy: Emory by wide margin
Medium Accuracy: Push
Deep Accuracy: JB
Pocket awareness: Push maybe Emory
Escapability: JB
Simple execution of the offense: Emory
Big Play Ability: JB

If we want John Park Wilson at QB than it’s Emory all day. That’s not what I want. Personally, I’d be looking at the portal again next year. But if you make me choose between these guys it’s JB in 25 and 26 for me at his current trajectory. Idc about the backup this year.

Advertisement

I'm not making a judgement about any of the QBs. I'm not at the practices, I'm not an experienced evaluator, so I recognize it's not my place to say. The fact that he continues to struggle with the routine plays is troubling, I would expect the reverse. And I can't shake @Brooklyndee (who has seen over the past two years) repeated comments that he isn't a P5 QB.

The deal with developmental QBs is they all develop at different rates; you never know when it clicks. With some, it never clicks.

I don't think that anyone is intentionally running him off. I think that as these guys compete, one of them will feel they're more ready to play than the staff thinks and will enter the portal. The staff is letting it happen on its own since apparently, we need the roster spots.

Emory is more accurate but honestly not by that much. Emory has his wtf moments too and he’s not a guy that can threaten a defense downfield.

Let’s put our Madden hat on.
Throw Power: JB
Speed: JB
Strength: JB
Awareness: Push maybe Emory
Short accuracy: Emory by wide margin
Medium Accuracy: Push
Deep Accuracy: JB
Pocket awareness: Push maybe Emory
Escapability: JB
Simple execution of the offense: Emory
Big Play Ability: JB

If we want John Park Wilson at QB than it’s Emory all day. That’s not what I want. Personally, I’d be looking at the portal again next year. But if you make me choose between these guys it’s JB in 25 and 26 for me at his current trajectory. Idc about the backup this year.
You're focusing on physical traits while overlooking the most important trait, Feel for the position. You can win a championship (even in today's game) with a QB like Dorsey, Kosar or Griese (Bob that is).

Advertisement
Our fans ke
I'm not making a judgement about any of the QBs. I'm not at the practices, I'm not an experienced evaluator, so I recognize it's not my place to say. The fact that he continues to struggle with the routine plays is troubling, I would expect the reverse. And I can't shake @Brooklyndee (who has seen over the past two years) repeated comments that he isn't a P5 QB.

The deal with developmental QBs is they all develop at different rates; you never know when it clicks. With some, it never clicks.

I don't think that anyone is intentionally running him off. I think that as these guys compete, one of them will feel they're more ready to play than the staff thinks and will enter the portal. The staff is letting it happen on its own since apparently, we need the roster spots.
People acting like he isn't going on three years to develop. Meanwhile Mario from day 1 is exactly what he is... Lmao
The dude is an amazing athlete. That's the only reason he's a conversation point. Anyone else would've been wrote off. Even this nonsense after yesterday with people saying he looked good AS A QB yesterday just has me lost with our fans. Other than cam none of them looked good. Dude put most of the throws asked of him nowhere near his intended receivers. Even the deep ball was a average throw that the receiver made a **** of an adjustment on. He had one good throw on a simple 90.

Missing some important pieces but looks like a 7-5 8-4 type roster with an elite qb.

The running back room is a disaster and I never thought I’d say that at the university of miami
Agree. Very few difference makers on the roster, in year 3, with a recruiting guru at the helm.

If the portal didn’t exist, this is a sub .500 squad with major culture issues. It does, so it’s a .650 squad with the entire season hanging on the arm of one guy.

If any of the following names enter the portal, I will not be surprised. I'm not saying they're all leaving but it wouldn't make my jaw drop.

Reese Poffenbarger
Jacurri Brown
Trevonte Citizen
Chris Johnson
Michael Redding
Shemar Kirk
Robby Washington
Jackson Carver
Jonathan Denis
Zion Nelson
Antonio Tripp
Frankie Tinilau
Anthony Campbell
Thomas Gore
Bobby Washington
Chase Smith
Demetrius Freeney
Brian Balom
Markeith Williams
Let's revisit this in the coming weeks My Prophet...

good list

Did anybody see Zion actually play?
I clipped some previous game tape...

KzdYxV2jKgh0vWKHV5.gif
LpjgVhaQ8U1IMwxHGT.gif

Advertisement
Back