Spring Spring PractiSe #15 SPRING GAME Saturday April 13 4 pm

Advertisement
Missing some important pieces but looks like a 7-5 8-4 type roster with an elite qb.

The running back room is a disaster and I never thought I’d say that at the university of miami
The elite QB can mask a lot of those roster deficiencies. I'm not a fan of the WR room but Cam Ward can elevate talent.

Flo has been saying that Carpenter has looked bad from the start. It is something to watch.

👇🏾

😱🤷🏾‍♂️

he also seems to struggle to find the holes (pause)
Yup in the highlights he had a few but chose to try and go outside. Pringle can’t get here soon enough, CJ is a better receiver out of the backfield it seems. That’s why I would recruit only guys that are 190 with speed and explosive ability. It’s rare when you got a tiny frame that you become some beast in college. There are some but few, I want a guy zoomin through the hole and DL arms just getting blown through. Pause

With the small guys they get through then one DL arm touches them they off balance already. Pringle does look like he can be that guy but it was Riley who probably was that guy. And put into the fact that all these kids look big in HS but as soon as you size them up with cfb players they look OD small. Pause

Advertisement
Judd is the 3/4 star “diamond in the rough” QB we’ve been mediocre with for the last 20 years. We need more Cam Ward’s and less projects
Not that I disagree, but wasn't Cam Ward in a similar place that Judd's stage of his development? In fact, wasn't Cam still in high school (I don't believe he was an early entrant), his first college experience was FCS Incarnate Word.

Give the kid a chance, you know his first spring game experience is going to be FUBAR.

Advertisement
His best passes are intermediate. He is not a threat to stretch the field and
If you're stretching the field is the same as my stretching the field, you're right, he doesn't show an NFL arm. Neither do 99% of the college QBs. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of UM QBs that had one: Mira, Kelly, Testaverde, Craig Erickson. Some may include Steve Morris, that's still one hand.
I don't see enough talent for him to be a game manager. If we had 1st rounders everywhere he would be great.
You don't need talent to be a game manager. You just need to be smart and make the right reads.

JB clearly has the highest ceiling of the backups. It looks obvious to me. The problem is he fücks up with basic stuff
So, you're saying he has the highest ceiling but the lowest floor.

QB is the one position where coaches want a comfort level that they know what they're going to get. That's difficult to overcome.

Advertisement
His best passes are intermediate. He is not a threat to stretch the field and
If you're stretching the field is the same as my stretching the field, you're right, he doesn't show an NFL arm. Neither do 99% of the college QBs. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of UM QBs that had one: Mira, Kelly, Testaverde, Craig Erickson. Some may include Steve Morris, that's still one hand.
I don't see enough talent for him to be a game manager. If we had 1st rounders everywhere he would be great.
You don't need talent to be a game manager. You just need to be smart and make the right reads.

Advertisement
he also seems to struggle to find the holes (pause)
I saw this also but did they give him anything outside? Having him run up middle of rugby scrum offense and loaded 8 man front defense defeats the purpose of the skills he has.. Seem square peg, round hole where we run our stuff no matter the talent in backfield.

That would be a disconnect from type of players we recruit CJ/CWH and grind up middle offense no matter what. At that point scheme fit might not be there, especially if they dont let him run track with 20.40 200 meter track time, that would actually be criminal.

Advertisement
Back