Spring Spring PractiSe 13 Tuesday, April 9

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Samson:

At 6-6 and weighing in at 327 pounds this morning, he says “I’ve filled out a little bit more, toned up. Benching a lot when I couldn’t walk (off injury) was great for me. My improvement keeping my body fat down, more athletic. On the field I’m faster, I’m quicker, my knees feel good, my hands feel stronger.”

“I’m progressing very well, just sitting down for a year doing a bunch of rehab has been great for me just sitting with guys like Javion(Cohen), Matt Lee, Jalen,” Okunlola said. “Just learning from them, taking every piece and adding to my game has been great for improvement.

From ON3 Markel Bell

He says as an 8th-grader he was 5-foot-10 and “the summer of my ninth grade year I shot up to like 6-3, 6-4, and my body didn’t really catch up till now … I just kept on growing. By the time i was a senior in high school I was 6-8 and about 370 (pounds).”

“Coming in at this size I have long arms, but I have to speed up my hands and keep my feet moving,” said Bell, whose father is 6-3 and mother is 5-8.

“Everything is going well, I’ve been taking a lot of teaching from coach Mirabal, coach Cristobal, even Jalen Rivers,” Bell said. “They are doing a good job trying to help me.”

“Coming out of JUCO (Miami) really had a plan for me development-wise, coming from Mississippi, it’s a whole scenery change,” Bell said. “It’s stepping out of my comfort zone. The vibe – Florida kids, they’re different, and I like different.

“It’s a family vibe, I felt at home when I came on the visit. Now (my teammates) are like my brothers.”

“I’m doing everything I can to help the team,” Bell said. “I’m being coached hard, coached to play hard, give good effort and I’m being taught the right things to get me to the next level.”

Advertisement
From ON3 Bobby Pruitt:

Pruitt says he’s “gained a lot of pounds” since arriving but even at 195 he needs to pack on more weight. So far he estimates he’s gained almost 20 pounds “eating protein shakes and doing extra work.”

He says he’s picked up Lance Guidry’s defense quickly, to the point he’s working at both WILL and SAM along with “a lot of special teams reps – that’s my bread and butter, what I’m known for.”

“I’ve learned to have energy, be yourself and play and compete like it’s your last play,” Pruitt said. “(LB coach Derek Nicholson) has taught me a lot – my reads, better stance, better fits. He’s improved me to be a better player and get to the goals I want.”

“My mentality is I don’t care who you are – I’m still going to hit you,”

“I’m a football head when watching film, I don’t watch anyting but football film, watch daily,” “My personal goal is to get on the field, play with my brothers. I don’t like sitting out and watching something that I know I can do. My goal is to play. I put etra work in, extra film time with my brothers.”

Pruitt was asked about QB Cam Ward, - “That boy is good. I can see him going further, he’s a good quarterback, good leader and he’s real competitive.”

From ON3 Bobby Pruitt:

Pruitt says he’s “gained a lot of pounds” since arriving but even at 195 he needs to pack on more weight. So far he estimates he’s gained almost 20 pounds “eating protein shakes and doing extra work.”

He says he’s picked up Lance Guidry’s defense quickly, to the point he’s working at both WILL and SAM along with “a lot of special teams reps – that’s my bread and butter, what I’m known for.”

“I’ve learned to have energy, be yourself and play and compete like it’s your last play,” Pruitt said. “(LB coach Derek Nicholson) has taught me a lot – my reads, better stance, better fits. He’s improved me to be a better player and get to the goals I want.”

“My mentality is I don’t care who you are – I’m still going to hit you,”

“I’m a football head when watching film, I don’t watch anyting but football film, watch daily,” “My personal goal is to get on the field, play with my brothers. I don’t like sitting out and watching something that I know I can do. My goal is to play. I put etra work in, extra film time with my brothers.”

Pruitt was asked about QB Cam Ward, - “That boy is good. I can see him going further, he’s a good quarterback, good leader and he’s real competitive.”
So, he’s 195 after gaining 20lbs?Or added 20lbs to 195?

Advertisement
Back