Spring PractiSe 12 - No Media Access and Interviews

You know how it is with qb’s . Then mix in this board being bipolar. He was trash one day then a god a few weeks later lol. Shocking a young qb improved as his snaps and reps improved.

He won’t be sneaking up on mofos this year , he’s coming into the season with a bullseye on his chest, he will be broken down like no other qb our opponents will face. Qb 1 has more pressure on him this year than any other year In his life. He has to keep improving to keep the job. That’s the positive of having a good qb behind him. Keep improving or else. Competition breeds excellence.

LOL, I can't lie, I labeled him Frank Costa 2.0, then he was Jim Kellyverde halfway through November to me...

Advertisement
at this point, I wouldn't say hes a top qb in the country. he has the potential but lets see him without Rambo. another thing that concerned me is tvd struggled against FSU who during his run probably had the best athletes he faced. also, gattis has more than 15-20 plays, lashlee ran alot of the same stuff over and over. one thing is we have multiple qbs who can play. its a huge difference than in past.
I'm well documented being a Garcia guy. Before any of you ***** heads come at me, that's not a knock on my man TVD.

people have some real revisionist history, for 2.5 quarters vs UVA he was very pedestrian. It really wasnt till about the NCST game that he started to turn the corner, and the game slowed down for him
And Pedestrian is being kind… that start was yikes bad at times … definitely grew from there

Advertisement
And Pedestrian is being kind… that start was yikes bad at times …

Angry, the first game or two, TVD would really be slow off the trigger in terms of making throws .Like he literally had to see guy WIDE open before letting it loose. But over time, he just started to play more natural and let it rip, trust his arm. It was great to see by the end of the year the command he had

But yeah, the beginning the UNC game I was like, 'Oh boy.... not good' LOL

Tvd didn’t look like that in spring or fall Lol. He also didn’t look like that early on in his little pt. He had some moments against Virginia but nothing like what he became as the year went on. Nobody saw that coming.

King was easily the best option. Anyone that saw practice would tell you that. Maybe if we start Tvd early against Bama he takes some bumps but bounces back with the same season. But there’s the other side he gets overwhelmed and confidence is broken from the early schedule.

Imo the season worked out perfectly in the long run. The stars aligned. We lost enough to get manny fired , which got Mario before the huge buyout, but still had positivity going into the offseason with a returning stud qb. Tvd took his lumps and built confidence with no pressure in meaningless games.

Spot on.

After Bama, I was terrified we would throw our young quarterbacks to the wolves and destroy them.

Credit to Lashlee and the o line. They all improved as the season went on.

I thought TVD could be big time. I had no clue he would develop so quickly under fire.

I wish it could have gone better for King coaching and injury wise, but the course of 2021 was exactly what the program needed all around.

Advertisement
That's the thing. Jake's intangibles and leadership and pocket awareness and mobility, he throws a dime on the run, kids love him and even as a back up they hella respect the kid. I'm not trying to **** on Tyler at all. I just don't wanna see our fanbase destroy this kid like they did with kaaya if he doesn't live up to all the expectations which have only been created by people who are unaware of the shortcomings. His best ability by far is he throws a gorgeous deep ball. But if all were depending on is a deep ball then we should expect plenty of losses cause as u saw with fspoo,Virginia,Carolina they just simply switched up to a 2 deep look and he was stuck with check downs on the regular. His biggest task needs to be developing those intermediate routes and reading defenses a **** of a lot quicker. Remember the difference is now our standard is elite. Potential doesn't match up with elite. Execution does...

Every player has weaknesses except the prototype elites.

Your assessment of TVD is fair. This is where coaching comes in. If Gattis tailors his play design to him, he is in for a big season. We have to run the football better. I think TVD can meet and exceed expectations as long as doesn’t have to carry the team by himself.

I liked Jake better for the same reasons you do. But there is no reason to rush him. I wanted to see what TVD could do, and the kid was better than I expected at this point.

Advertisement
I really hope X makes the jump. He has looked good in practice video & limited snaps he's had. He looks really small as well, what is his actual height?
5’9 most likely.

And expect him to lead the team in receptions this season, he’s the #1 go to safety blanket target for TVD.

He has the most consistent hands & is the best route runner.

Advertisement
Kid didn’t look explosive. That’s not a geographical statement, just a fact.
Just playing devil’s advocate as I haven’t watched enough of his film but a player doesn’t need to look explosive to be good. All they need to look is smooth in their vision and running.

Just playing devil’s advocate as I haven’t watched enough of his film but a player doesn’t need to look explosive to be good. All they need to look is smooth in their vision and running.
Maybe, but I would argue that at this level you generally need the whole package. Maybe this kid is good enough to see the field, and maybe I’m loving him by the end of the season. But a kid like this shouldn’t be able to start at Miami. It’s like undersized DBs. Guys like Bandy could straight ball, but top programs are in the hunt for dogs like that who are also 6’+. That’s where we need to be.

Advertisement
Back