Spring PractiSe 12 - No Media Access and Interviews

A
I rarely agree with you so I’m glad this is an opportunity too. Scaife had an atrocious Covid year and dudes can’t stand him for it. He played out of position and has always played wherever the coaches have asked him. He is loyal and gets the little leeway he gets for it. Some fans remember his early seasons when he was the only bright spot of the Oline, forced into early playing time just like Nelson was. But dudes asking why does he get leeway. I swear that if a certain couple posters don’t like a player, 40 dudes follow the talking point and narrative. Scaife is gonna play a lot and should. I hope he kills it this season.
Agree he definitely deserves to start somewhere on this line. He's battle tested with 40+ starts and thousand's of snaps in live games under his belt. Unless there is a clear upgrade over him he's earned his spot

Advertisement
12.5 for me. Still on the fence with Mallory.

Mallory better put in the work like he’s a number two trying to get his job back, because Arroyo is the real fūcking deal.

I don’t know what Gattis has planned in terms of which sets are going to be his bread and butter, but I would love to see a lot of 2 tight end. They both can create mismatch problems, but I think Arroyo is the one to watch long-term.

Advertisement
I know your not bashing him bro lol. I felt bad for him cause like you said it looked awkward but lashlee and the oline did him no justice.

They throw him in on 3rd and 2 and 4th & 1 then he's gotta dance to make it back to the line of scrimmage because 1) everybody and their mama knew we were running the bs inside zone and 2) our center and guards were getting their **** pushed in right into the carrier lmao

Cuz I stay trying to tell people this.

I haven’t judged Brown one way or the other. I see him as a potential transfer because of where he is on the depth chart and the guys we got coming in.

But if Chaney recovers for a big year he is gone. Rooster could be too if he makes a bad decision. Parrish I see sticking because he needs to develop as much as he can athletically before trying for the pros. Franklin has looked better and Citizen and our recruiting targets have more upside.

Still I hate how we try to throw away guys in their first 3 years, especially when we all know they should have redshirted

Advertisement
The coaches aint happy with the talent they have in the front seven, at all. Thats why they all in the portal. Like the guys we got now are improving and getting better but the coaches know, this aint it. Said they could be in the portal up until game 1. This D aint gonna be the same D we see in the fall. Plus we got more portal guys and some late enrollees comin in that aint out there yet. There is no vocal leader on this defense right now. The defense got better at the end of the day...but they had a rough day. A couple players had some personal moments where they had trouble taking coaching on the D.
Thank you for the insight!

Advertisement
This is true but I must admit that it’s hard seeing us accept Fowler alongside Howard and Herbestreit. Ther criticism had always been measured with context but I’ve seen numerous segments where Fowler was hating and piling on. It was justified in a way and if y’all happy with his presence then I’m cool too. But if Rece Davis, Mark Maye, Finebaum, Linda Cohn and Lou Holtz etc (is he still alive) visit and say the same things I don’t want to see them getting welcomed with open arms. People who chose their position (criticisms were personal) gotta stick with it.
Best color guy broadcast nonsense of all time was in a Canes game when ex-domer coach Ara Parseghian whined about Jimmy running up the score on his domers. ***** him and all domers. Like they don't run up the score when theu play Army and other powerhouses from 100 yers ago. Throw it some more, Jimmy!

Me too lol. I got jumped last spring and fall for saying Tvd was always the number two. It was close but he was the more consistent player / better player. The Garcia hive wasn‘t having it.
You were only wrong in the sense that TVD should have been the #1. King a great guy buy TVD a better qb.

Advertisement
I rarely agree with you so I’m glad this is an opportunity too. Scaife had an atrocious Covid year and dudes can’t stand him for it. He played out of position and has always played wherever the coaches have asked him. He is loyal and gets the little leeway he gets for it. Some fans remember his early seasons when he was the only bright spot of the Oline, forced into early playing time just like Nelson was. But dudes asking why does he get leeway. I swear that if a certain couple posters don’t like a player, 40 dudes follow the talking point and narrative. Scaife is gonna play a lot and should. I hope he kills it this season.
I agree with you. I think part of the issue is simple optics. He just doesn't look like what we expect a OT to look like. He looks like a guard. We've got a long ways to go on O line recruitment but at least we have 8 or 9 guys who can be in a conversation about starting. Campbell has shown good flashes and other times has been truly awful. Would love to see him come back and nail down the right tackle spot.

‘He look big?’
200.gif

You were only wrong in the sense that TVD should have been the #1. King a great guy buy TVD a better qb.
Tvd didn’t look like that in spring or fall Lol. He also didn’t look like that early on in his little pt. He had some moments against Virginia but nothing like what he became as the year went on. Nobody saw that coming.

King was easily the best option. Anyone that saw practice would tell you that. Maybe if we start Tvd early against Bama he takes some bumps but bounces back with the same season. But there’s the other side he gets overwhelmed and confidence is broken from the early schedule.

Imo the season worked out perfectly in the long run. The stars aligned. We lost enough to get manny fired , which got Mario before the huge buyout, but still had positivity going into the offseason with a returning stud qb. Tvd took his lumps and built confidence with no pressure in meaningless games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back