Spring practice

Advertisement
I don’t love taking HS pass rushers and moving them backwards but we’ll see how it works.
He actually did decent at lb in one game last year I forget which but I think he prefers to rush but can definitely play lb. I think he did well at ilb if I'm not mistake

Ya he doesn't look anywhere near Gallup fast to me, maybe I'm wrong. I think he can play and contribute here...I'm just not sure what we'll see from him against real speed. The Mac isn't even the Mac of 10 years ago and it was slow then.
Gallup ran a 4.51 40, Osborn is within the same range.

KJ averaged 16.8 yards per catch & was a Kick returner his last 2 seasons.

As for you point about the MAC conference, the conference doesn't dictate the speed of a player lol

Ever heard of Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay, all MAC WR's that run 4.5 & below.

As for you point about the MAC conference, the conference doesn't dictate the speed of a player lol

Ever heard of Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay, all MAC WR's that run 4.5 & below.

Ya I hear ya, he just doesn't look anywhere near like that to me. Gallup looked like a blur in college and does now in NFL...And he doesn't look like any of those kids at the college level to me either. But I hope you're right. And again I'm not saying I don't think he will be in the top 4 in a UM rotation. But I think of the Bowling Green WR who went to Bama a couple years back, catching 100 balls at BG then 15 and possession guy at Bama...Another kid transferred from either BG or Toledo a few years ago, can't remember who it was and then was a role player.

But any production is welcome. Even if it is role player.

Ya I hear ya, he just doesn't look anywhere near like that to me. Gallup looked like a blur in college and does now in NFL...And he doesn't look like any of those kids at the college level to me either. But I hope you're right. And again I'm not saying I don't think he will be in the top 4 in a UM rotation. But I think of the Bowling Green WR who went to Bama a couple years back, catching 100 balls at BG then 15 and possession guy at Bama...Another kid transferred from either BG or Toledo a few years ago, can't remember who it was and then was a role player.

You make it sound like KJ runs a 4.8 40 or something lol, speed is not determined by the conference you play for. Seth Roberts went to West Alabama & ran 4.4, Willie Snead (another MAC WR) ran a 4.46 & has been a produtive WR in the NFL he didn't suddenly slow down vs better comp just because he played for Ball St lol

How much have you seen KJ play in full games?

Advertisement

I was at CSU when Gallup was playing and if Osborn is any where near that level we are in business

That Deiter kid that transferred to Bama was legit there. He came up with a handful of clutch catches for them. And if I’m not mistaken he’s in the league as well. IMO Osborn will be head and shoulders better than him for us this year

You make it sound like KJ runs a 4.8 40 or something lol, speed is not determined by the conference you play for. Seth Roberts went to West Alabama & ran 4.4, Willie Snead (another MAC WR) ran a 4.46 & has been a produtive WR in the NFL he didn't suddenly slow down vs better comp just because he played for Ball St lol

How much have you seen KJ play in full games?

Seen Osborne play at least 4-5 times last 2 seasons not counting highlights. I'm not saying anything like that, and I'm not calling him a scrub. I'm just saying, he doesn't look like Gallup to me at all. Hopefully I'm wrong.

He came up with a handful of clutch catches for them.

Ya I remember. And i'll welcome clutch catches in a hearbeat, no doubt about it. I'm just saying "a few clutch catches" doesn't =what I'm hearing expectations as far as our fanbase goes.

He's a great talent & has been productive at Buffalo, kid had 96rec 1,490yds & 12TD's in 2 years.

He's got legit speed, good hands & is a very good route runner, he reminds of Michael Gallup at Colorado St.

Having him paired up with JT4, plus the young pups like Hightower, Pope, Wiggins & Payton etc, frees up the offense a great deal allowing whoever the QB is to put defenses in a pick your poison type situation.

They wanna be dumb & double team JT4 over top, go ahead, KJ will pick'em apart one on one, they wanna double KJ, JT will burn any DB one on one. They wanna drop back & play zone, JT4, KJ, Hightower, Pope, Wiggs & the rest will run across those zones all day choppin'em up underneath. And that's not even including the two headed monster at TE in Jordan/Mallory.

I like how you think. Now if Steve or Bernie just had any eligibility left we would be terrors. My kingdom for a quarterback.

Advertisement
Ya he doesn't look anywhere near Gallup fast to me, maybe I'm wrong. I think he can play and contribute here...I'm just not sure what we'll see from him against real speed. The Mac isn't even the Mac of 10 years ago and it was slow then.

Lets hope he gets off press coverage better than Gallup.

And we all know that AB and Edelman skills are complete...no greater wr's in the game.

Advertisement
The team is broke down into 8 groups and they were picked in some type of draft by captains. K.J. Osborn was the first overall pick.

Named some players standing out Shaq, Hightower, Gurvan, Nigel Bethel, Jarren, Harvey, and Payton..

The same thing about all the players loving Feeley more than Gus and he’s big on explosive lifts while still focusing on mobility..

Gil has been the only position change so far except that Joyner will get more snaps at Linebacker after he worked at end mostly last season!

That’s about it
Looking forward to Gurvan’s coming out party this year.

Advertisement
he shows plenty of speed on tape. He out ran plenty of people, and that real speed argument is bs. There are fast guys everywhere, the difference usually just comes from if you are a dog or not. I guarantee you that he runs in the 4.5 range, which would be pretty close to Gallup.

Think Osborne will kill it this year. It’s his $ season and him working opposite of JT4 or out of the slot means he’s going to eat, and well. Not thinking he will score a ton of TD’s but wouldn’t surprise me to see him put up 700-800yds receiving.

he shows plenty of speed on tape. He out ran plenty of people, and that real speed argument is bs. There are fast guys everywhere, the difference usually just comes from if you are a dog or not. I guarantee you that he runs in the 4.5 range, which would be pretty close to Gallup.

You are missing the point like you always do sir...And yes I like Osborne, but his tape imo doesn't look like Gallup's imo.

The point being as I've state 742 times on this thread is I think he can be a factor at Miami, just a little more cautious then a lot of these fans who have him pencilled in for ACC domination. Will gladly be proven wrong.

Advertisement
Back