Spring practice starts today!

Diaz said “we’re probably a little stronger in the leadership department defensively than we were a year ago.” with shaq and pickney gone? Hmm.

Shaq, Pink, Knowles, Bethel, Bandy, Finley, Patchan, Garvin played a lot of ball here so that's surprising to read.

But I will say this: the upperclassmen in 2020 have been around a while too. And I'm sure that Roche, Bolden, Phillips all being at least 3 years out of HS is a big deal when it comes to maturity.

Advertisement
Our LB crew more injured than a platoon returning from the front lines.

Advertisement
The niners had the IPF field changed, not the outdoor fields

1583163661590.png

Advertisement
Diaz said “we’re probably a little stronger in the leadership department defensively than we were a year ago.” with shaq and pickney gone? Hmm.
I fully believe last year the ONLY real leader we had on that defensive unit was Shaq.

pinck always seemed to be a dude who was fun to hang out with and was one of the boys

Garvin seemed too quiet and never accepted that role.

the entire secondary was learning and growing after leaders like JJ, MJ, Redwine left

This year I think leaders will be
Zach
Blades
Hall
Roche
Greg
Nesta
And maybe even Bolden

a lot more cats with experience who can start barking for better of others

It’s day 1 man lol
If there is one thing we should all know by now following Miami football. It is to critique every single thing you see because for 20 years all those critiques have been correct down to the T. We haven't looked prepared in practice clips in ages. It ALWAYS looks like were going through the motions.

Advertisement
For those that don’t get the “sausage“ comment.

That's a reference to the old saying “no one wants to see how sausage is made”

In other words, the beginning of spring practice is going to be messy and sloppy because people are going to be rusty. It looks ugly. It’s not appealing. Get the drift?

Advertisement
I fully believe last year the ONLY real leader we had on that defensive unit was Shaq.

pinck always seemed to be a dude who was fun to hang out with and was one of the boys

Garvin seemed too quiet and never accepted that role.

the entire secondary was learning and growing after leaders like JJ, MJ, Redwine left

This year I think leaders will be
Zach
Blades
Hall
Roche
Greg
Nesta
And maybe even Bolden

a lot more cats with experience who can start barking for better of others

I think this is all very accurate. I'm curios if Nesta will still be a positive influence among the DTs if his snaps are limited because of Ford or some combination of the RS Freshman.

Advertisement
Back