Spring Objective

Advertisement
1582582131680.png

Our offense is going to be good, going uptempo spread is exactly what we needed.

I understand why everyone is timid & doesn't want to be let down yet again, I get it...

But I'll make sure there's room on the bandwagon when you guys decide to hop on, I'll be waiting for yall.

Just remember though, it’s going to take time to install this offense effectively.

I can just see it now, they’ll be some reports the first few days or even the first few weeks of spring practice where they will say the offense hasn’t looked good or has faltered, or whatever, and you’ll see people here start clutching their pearls.

I agree with you in principle, this actually might be fun to watch this offense this year. I may actually look forward to watching our offense come on the field. As opposed to sitting there with my head buried in my hands or in my beverage

I know, I was being funny.

But the overall point I was making is that yall need to stop being so scared of your own shadow.

The offense is going to be good & we're winning this season, whether yall believe it now or not.
You might remember before either the 2005 or 2006 season our players were talking about scoring 50+ a game. Then the games started.

There is ZERO reason why we shouldn't be massively improved on O. It would be the biggest disappointment in my Miami Hurricane lifetime if we continue to suck on that side of the ball after making these changes. Lashlee is really good. King is a difference maker. The only thing that can hold them back is the crap culture that Manny has been a part of for years now. Here's hoping that crap is changing.

Advertisement
Objectives? How about not having to spend the spring pretending the reason the O looks so bad is because the D is so good?

Forgetting about the D as a whole for a moment, Rousseau and Roche are going to absolutely dominate that disaster of an OL.

Advertisement
Spring objective for me is to get King enough reps to be comfortable with the new offense and our skill guys, and hope like **** he doesn't have a freak injury in the process.

I hate to even utter/post those words, but it's the type of BS we've been snake-bitten by for YEARS now. The universe just tends to be like, "Oh, Miami has a dynamic player that can help bring them back to relevance? Why don't we just give him an injury/get him suspended/have an NCAA investigation. That will fix that."

I think about some of the runs our backs were able to generate last year with **** blocking, minimal passing threat and formations that kept too many defenders too close to the LOS. I know everyone is uber excited about what space & pace can do for the passing attack but i am just as excited to see what it can do for our tailbacks.

During his last full season of play, in 2018, King threw for 2,982 yards with 60 touchdowns while rushing for 674 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Was that a typo in the article? :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement
Our offense is going to be good, going uptempo spread is exactly what we needed.

I understand why everyone is timid & doesn't want to be let down yet again, I get it...

But I'll make sure there's room on the bandwagon when you guys decide to hop on, I'll be waiting for yall.

Taking wait and see approach on OL and WRs...

Getting ball out quicker will mask the OL's putridity, but if WRs cant separate and catch........

Oh boy...

i,m with you el! i think king and lash are going to make big diffrences.

Advertisement
The few times we went uptempo with the majority of same roster last year under the ex idiot we automatically were a lot more productive.

The degree of stubbornness has been explained extensively on here, enough. So time to move on.

When you combine Lashlees past with our roster, a roster that has looked much better even with small snippets of being up tempo, and our weak schedule AND a guy like King,I haven’t been this enthused in a long time.

And I’m usually overly optimistic anyways.

10 wins or more!

Advertisement
Back