Spring Objective

Advertisement
Objectives? How about not having to spend the spring pretending the reason the O looks so bad is because the D is so good?

That's always going to happen to an extent. In the 80's and 90's the defense always kicked the O's *** in scrimmages. Same for early 2000's. They're always ahead of schedule and more aggressive / less fine skills involved.

Advertisement
The only way it could be less explosive is with Betty White as QB.

64DDDBD7-1660-47A8-BAE6-6510052EF0A4.gif

Advertisement
All the talk and practice reports mean absolutely nothing. I have heard for 15+ years how the O was going to be one thing, only for the season to start and find out it is actually the exact opposite. Now, I am happy with the Lashlee hire, and that King is coming in. These are two of the biggest additions our O has ever had, at least on paper. Now, show me, don't tell me.

If Diaz can't win with Lashlee and King, I can't imagine it ever happening.

Our offense is going to be good, going uptempo spread is exactly what we needed.

I understand why everyone is timid & doesn't want to be let down yet again, I get it...

But I'll make sure there's room on the bandwagon when you guys decide to hop on, I'll be waiting for yall.

Our offense is going to be good, going uptempo spread is exactly what we needed.

I understand why everyone is timid & doesn't want to be let down yet again, I get it...

But I'll make sure there's room on the bandwagon when you guys decide to hop on, I'll be waiting for yall.

Advertisement

Thanks, El. What’s your thoughts on any growing pains we will see as these guys acclimate to the new offense?

I just don't want to see CIS defending a lackluster offense by saying our OC was intentionally hiding plays so the opposing team doesn't figure him out. That was classic CIS last year.

Advertisement
Thanks, El. What’s your thoughts on any growing pains we will see as these guys acclimate to the new offense?
There will be growing pains just off the simple fact they're learning a new offense.

But, the style offense we're running is not a super complex one that requires 3 years to learn, the staple of the offense is learning the core of the plays & executing them at a high level. They're not going to bog them down with an entire phone book of plays, it'll be a short, easier digestible playbook that will be centered around Speed, execution & explosion.

The OL will probably have the highest hill to climb, but Coach Justice is a West Va Trickett disciple & running the Arkansas/Auburn run scheme with the Air Raid passing scheme will take pressure off the line from having to be a pro style stout OL that has to hold blocks for extended moments of time due to slow developing plays. In this offense Tempo is the key, which means the OL just needs to hold their assignments for a few seconds before the ball is already out.

QB play will be significantly improved because there's no 5/7 step drops & no long developing plays where the ball stays the QB's hands all day long. This will be a quick attack offense, both in the pass & run game, predicated on forcing Defenses to show their hand & then taking advantage of mismatches.

That's always going to happen to an extent. In the 80's and 90's the defense always kicked the O's *** in scrimmages. Same for early 2000's. They're always ahead of schedule and more aggressive / less fine skills involved.
And that's fine. I'm talking about when it's pretty clear the O is inept, but we tell ourselves it's just the D being ahead to stave off thoughts of pre-season suicide.

A lifelong fan doesn't get on or off of a bandwagon.

Advertisement
Back