Spring Spring Games 2022

My takeaways from what I've seen so far.
FSU still stinks.
Clemson has dudes on their D. If they figure out running the ball, they're gonna be fine.
Michigan looks better than I thought.
A&M kind of meh. You know, you think about the FSU team that won a Natty, they were so LOADED. A&M won't be that next year.

Advertisement
ABSOLUTELY!

TAMU is not this invincible juggernaut that people believe they are, yes they’re stacked with talent but their issue is they play down to competition because they play an ultra conservative non-explosive offense that basically neutralizes their talent advantage.

Last year they lost to Arkansas, Miss ST & Ole Miss, all 3 teams that had less talent than them, but had better offensive coaching:

- Arkansas had 448yds of total offense
- Miss St had 438yds of total offense
- Ole Miss had 504yds of total offense

And in all 3 of those games TAMU had less than 250 yards passing.

They also almost lost to Colorado last year, they won the game 10-9, if Colorado wasn’t a second rate bottom tier Pac-12 team they’ve would’ve easily beat them despite the fact TAMU has more 4-stars on Defense than Colorado had on their entire team & that’s not even including the 5-stars either. Point being, Colorado should’ve been beaten by at least 4 TD’s, yet it was an extremely close game because Jumbo’s offense is old & antiquated.

They lost to LSU too, but I didn’t even factor that game because at least from a talent standpoint they were basically equals, but one small sidenote is that we’ll have Orgeron around the program quite a bit in the coming months & he knows firsthand how to beat Jumbo & so does Kevin Steele...

Can we beat TAMU? Yup without doubt & it wouldn’t take a Herculean effort to do so either, that game will not be like Bama in the season debut last year. The key to beating TAMU is stopping the run & containing their TE’s, you do that & you’ll stifle their entire offense.

Will we beat them? Remains to be seen, we’ll see what happens in a few months, what transfers we can continue to bring in & how we survive the injury wave coming in Fall.

The TAMU game is very winnable, the Clemson game is actually a lot more difficult than most fans want to believe, they’re going be a much tougher out than TAMU, not saying we can’t win that game either but the odds are much lower in that game.
Great write up. Thanks🙌

I watched a little of the FSU scrimmage (what I could stomach). They had a couple of third and long scenarios and they just ran a QB draw. I understand doing that in an actual game but what good is it doing in a scrimmage where it’s essentially two hand touch on the quarterback? Why not try to dial up some kind of pass? There’s going to be real game scenarios where they’re going to have to pass on third and long, why not work on them in the spring game? Why the **** are you playing for field position in a scrimmage?

In the Cuse Spring game we got to get a sneak preview of how their offense will look with Robert Anae as the new OC.

And their Sophomore QB Justin Lamson looked really good. He apparently has also been challenging the incumbent starter in Garrett Shrader & from what I watched he actually looked like a better fit for Anae’s offense than Shrader.
Anae was a pain in the *** at UVA. I actually think he was better than the credit he gets. He found creative ways to get his best players the ball in a spot to succeed

Advertisement
I watched a little of the FSU scrimmage (what I could stomach). They had a couple of third and long scenarios and they just ran a QB draw. I understand doing that in an actual game but what good is it doing in a scrimmage where it’s essentially two hand touch on the quarterback? Why not try to dial up some kind of pass? There’s going to be real game scenarios where they’re going to have to pass on third and long, why not work on them in the spring game? Why the **** are you playing for field position in a scrimmage?
You can’t fail if you don’t try

Anae was a pain in the *** at UVA. I actually think he was better than the credit he gets. He found creative ways to get his best players the ball in a spot to succeed
He produced a 4,400+ yard passer out of Brennan Armstrong & Armstrong was a mid-tier 3-star QB coming out HS.

And did so without a premier WR corps, it was all scheme.

Anae is good coach, he & babers worked together at Hawaii way back in the day under **** Tomey & both were at UNLV too, Anae also formulated a lot of offensive play calling structure from the Leach coaching factory at TTech. I’m glad Anae finally separated from Mendenhall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back