SPRING GAME OFFENSE THOUGHTS

marshallrc13

Senior
Hey guys. Was TAD to an amphibious ship last 10 days and missed the spring game coverage. Saw the def write up by Harvey below but was there something on the offense and overall? Sorry for the dumb question but I just spent 40 hrs traveling and I'm a little jet lagged.

Advertisement
Gus & Tucker looked pretty good running the ball while Crow & Olsen looked unimpressive throwing it. Olsen looked like the nerves got the best of him. He had some good throws at times & some bad ones as well.

The time you spent swabbing heads was more enjoyable than watching the "spring game".

You are better off pretending that it never took place.

Malcolm Lewis stole the show. Tucker was the surprise showing exceptional speed and NOT afraid of contact. Olsen was in redshirt freshman form. I think he'll be ok with more reps and getting tight with the 1's. Had some silly throws, but he'll learn quickly IMO.

Advertisement
Both Walford and Scott looked great in the pre-scrimmage 1x1s. Edwards had 2 very impressive plays where he was stood up and powered through the pile. But he still stands too upright and likes to kick out to the outside too much for a power back. Tucker reminds me of Damien Berry in that he loves contact and lowers the boom. Olsen was off in his timing during the actual scrimmage, but looked great in warmups. He and Malcolm Lewis have a good rhythm, and connected often. I think he just needs more reps.

Olsen just needs more time... He will be fine. I think Tuckers ability to catch has been greatly overlooked. The kid is fast runs with attitude and had a couple good catches. One of such he caught a pass thrown behind him with one hand and still ran for a few yards... Pretty nice

I think Damien Berry is a great comparison for Tucker at this stage. Good call.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back