Spring Game Notes

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
- We need to get Jarren Williams ready for week 1. He is more poised than Rosier and Perry. He does a great job of moving in the pocket and looking downfield. He does a great job in the RPO, pulling the ball quickly and delivering accurate passes.

- The RB’s didn’t have much room. Not sure if it’s the OLine or the front 7 just being much more sound than last year. I think coach Simpson has done a great job with the D-Line. They aren’t just rushing upfield blindly.

- We need Brevin Jordan to be ready. Irvin isn’t going to cut it. It’s Jordan’s job to lose in my opinion.

- the LB’s flowed and did a great job with gap integrity. Pink and Shaq were good. Steed was very good. I think there won’t be as big a drop off as the past 2 years.

- Jackson, Garvin, Rousseau and Patchan (with DJax) is going to give teams problems this year.

- Frierson made a lot of good plays today. Him and Ivey are going to be really good. They got beat a couple times, but were in position and the WR made a great play.

- Hightower was great today. Brooklyndee is going to be happy tonight. Cager and Langham also made some deep plays. Dayall Harris needs to stay on the bench.

- I think the O needs to find more ways to get JT4 the ball. Reverses, tunnel screens etc. he has great acceleration. And also he should be the one getting the bubble screens.

- Derrick Smith at the Striker position was very good today. I think we may see less of McCloud out there this year.

- The OLine overall is our biggest concern. They allowed way to much pressure and didn’t open up many holes.

- the offense still seems very vanilla, even for a spring game. Zero motion!!! U really hope there’s more than that in the fall.

Advertisement
- Zero running game.
- 1st Team Defense destroyed the Offense.
- Rosier as inaccurate as ever and even when he completes it there is no YAC.
- TE is going to be a problem.
- DJ and JT look much bigger/thicker.
- Feagles looked good.

Best thing I heard was about the D-line being more disciplined. We got gashed on delayed hand offs, draws, screens, etc. because the D-line had no gap/play recognition. Thought the LBers took too much of the blame for holes caused by the D-line.

I'm all for fast, aggressive defenses, but need more discipline or experienced coaches will eat us alive on the ground.

They need to move Donaldson back to guard. He doesn't have the footwork or quickness to play tackle, and he's the best run blocking guard we have.

Advertisement
The OL and QB situations in year 3 is completely unacceptable.

Not making the playoffs let alone winning a ship with no running lanes and sub 50% passers.

- We need to get Jarren Williams ready for week 1. He is more poised than Rosier and Perry. He does a great job of moving in the pocket and looking downfield. He does a great job in the RPO, pulling the ball quickly and delivering accurate passes.

- The RB’s didn’t have much room. Not sure if it’s the OLine or the front 7 just being much more sound than last year. I think coach Simpson has done a great job with the D-Line. They aren’t just rushing upfield blindly.

- We need Brevin Jordan to be ready. Irvin isn’t going to cut it. It’s Jordan’s job to lose in my opinion.

- the LB’s flowed and did a great job with gap integrity. Pink and Shaq were good. Steed was very good. I think there won’t be as big a drop off as the past 2 years.

- Jackson, Garvin, Rousseau and Patchan (with DJax) is going to give teams problems this year.

- Frierson made a lot of good plays today. Him and Ivey are going to be really good. They got beat a couple times, but were in position and the WR made a great play.

- Hightower was great today. Brooklyndee is going to be happy tonight. Cager and Langham also made some deep plays. Dayall Harris needs to stay on the bench.

- I think the O needs to find more ways to get JT4 the ball. Reverses, tunnel screens etc. he has great acceleration. And also he should be the one getting the bubble screens.

- Derrick Smith at the Striker position was very good today. I think we may see less of McCloud out there this year.

- The OLine overall is our biggest concern. They allowed way to much pressure and didn’t open up many holes.

- the offense still seems very vanilla, even for a spring game. Zero motion!!! U really hope there’s more than that in the fall.
Right on point!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back