Spring Game Highlights

Advertisement
Was a very good Spring game. Lots to unpack from it but both sides played well. We have some things to continue to improve on but all in all it was a great game to watch.

Bruno Mars GIF

We are not as good as everyone thinks we are, but we certainly will be better than last year.
Two Keys:
A. OLine Improvement
B. Avg 180 RPG

Garcia can sling it....

kid need very little time and space to get a zip on the ball downfield.

He already looks comfy despite only being on the team a few months.

our future is bright if he stays on the team and we build he O around him

Advertisement
Garcia’s ability to climb in the pocket at this stage is super impressive. Eyes always down the field, which opens up running lanes for him. Looks like he has the wheels to take advantage.

Aside from the drop, Pope didn’t look nearly as bad as he is getting **** for. He still lacks wiggle, and there’s other guys I’d rather see play, but I’m not writing him off yet.

Also, Where is Hall on that Pope deep ball? There’s the lack of range I keep talking about. In his defense, there was no pressure from the DL, but Hall’s lack of closing speed shows itself on this play.

The play Ivey got hurt on, he should have made the play, and he wouldn’t have gotten hurt. I get he had outside contain, but there was a huge hole, and he was late filling it (looked like he was daydreaming, as usual). Definitely a poor angle and attempt by Tae tho.

Both lines need to get more aggressive or it’s gonna look a lot more similar to last year than people are expecting.

Both lines need to get more aggressive or it’s gonna look a lot more similar to last year than people are expecting.
OL looked fine to me. QBs had all day. Maybe that’s more of an indictment on our lack of pass rush (or the vanilla D concepts we ran), but I think we are okay at OL.

Waiting for the post-spring CFB magazines to come out so we can see what type of DL talent we are facing in conference play. No time to do the research myself.

Advertisement
Garcia’s ability to climb in the pocket at this stage is super impressive. Eyes always down the field, which opens up running lanes for him. Looks like he has the wheels to take advantage.

Aside from the drop, Pope didn’t look nearly as bad as he is getting **** for. He still lacks wiggle, and there’s other guys I’d rather see play, but I’m not writing him off yet.

Also, Where is Hall on that Pope deep ball? There’s the lack of range I keep talking about. In his defense, there was no pressure from the DL, but Hall’s lack of closing speed shows itself on this play.

The play Ivey got hurt on, he should have made the play, and he wouldn’t have gotten hurt. I get he had outside contain, but there was a huge hole, and he was late filling it (looked like he was daydreaming, as usual). Definitely a poor angle and attempt by Tae tho.
Hall broke to the middle of the field, Pope kept running down the sideline, underneath two cane defenders were bracketing someone in the flat: I think it was a blown coverage. I just don't think we are that solid on defense, was looking a lot like the last couple of years

OL looked fine to me. QBs had all day. Maybe that’s more of an indictment on our lack of pass rush (or the vanilla D concepts we ran), but I think we are okay at OL.

Waiting for the post-spring CFB magazines to come out so we can see what type of DL talent we are facing in conference play. No time to do the research myself.
I think they’ll be fine however I watched bama right after our spring game and they hit and move people on both sides. If our lines don’t get more aggressive they’re gonna get beat up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back