Spring football

NorthFlaCane

Senior
This will be the first time in a few years that we'll actually have enough players to hold a full spring practice. We played all last spring with walk ons at wide receiver, running back, and corner. How much will it help to finally have the majority of our guys together for spring ball?

Guys who did not fully participate in spring football last year

Morris
Dorsett
Hurns
Feliciano (got hurt)
Duke
Waters
Carter
Jones
Dillard
Isidora

Ivery
Moore
McCord
O'Donnell
Briscoe
Hamilton
Blue
Terry
Howard
Crawford
Dortch

Advertisement
Tyriq McCord and Gabe Terry will take VERY big leaps next year after an offseason with this staff

Can someone more knowledgeable than myself walk me thru the phases off the offseason now that the seasons over. Some of the pieces, I think:

- students will get into the weight room immediately, but no formal practices until spring ball, right? Can still lift with the weight staff though... Do the kids ever organize / conduct practices without the coaches since they aren't allowed?

- golden and staff will spend their time recruiting until signing day in February

- when does spring practice start? How many practices are we allowed to have? During a given week, Howe often are the kids in the weight room vs on the practice field?

- over the summer, what is the protocol / expectations for the kids? Do most do summer terms and lift with the strength coach?

- does utough begin / end during the end of the summer and before fall practices? When does fall practice start? How many practices are we allowed to have in the fall?

Thank you very much in advance. Just trying to get a feel for how much time the NCAA allots for us to practice so our kids can continue to develop, etc.

Much appreciated.

Advertisement
Back