Spring Dates

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
[TWEET]837056544860696577[/TWEET]

[TWEET]837057027318902784[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Interesting, attacking FAU's recruiting grounds. In all seriousness... that seems like a small facility for the only practice.

What about for recruits and the previously rumored three scrimmages in the tri-county area? If it's basically just the same as last year but without a spring game, I'm not sure that's a good thing like we were thinking. Only one open practice with no spring game... Meh.

Trying to think of something to bytch and moan about with regard to the schedule. I'll be back in a couple hours.

Advertisement
Disappointed there won't be the open scrimmages to attend. I really enjoyed those more than than the spring game.

Where did the 3 scrimmages rumor start? Noone has ever clarified that.

Trying to think of something to bytch and moan about with regard to the schedule. I'll be back in a couple hours.

I'm just saying it seems very lackluster, although I'm not sure that's exactly the word I'm looking for. What Pete reported as a possibility regarding the three open scrimmages in Dade, Broward and PBC would have been the best thing to do IMO, but instead it seems we're just doing the same thing except without a spring game. Maybe it's just me but I think it's a wasted opportunity

Where did the 3 scrimmages rumor start? Noone has ever clarified that.

Pete. I don't think he ever said it was necessarily set in stone, but he seemed very sure about it so it's a bit puzzling.

Advertisement
Just win in the fall. That's all I care about! How many practices are we allowed? Seems short on practices. Does this mean they want more focus on off season training?

Miami Hurricanes not holding a spring game in 2017; full spring practice schedule

Matt Porter

March 1, 2017 2017 season, Football, Matt Porter.
The end zone of one of the practice fields at Greentree. (Matt Porter)

The end zone of one of the practice fields at Greentree. (Matt Porter)

UM will not host a traditional spring game because of ongoing renovations to Hard Rock Stadium, it announced Wednesday.

Last year’s spring game was held at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. Athletics Director Blake James said last month that would not be an option.

“You have a spring game, you want to have it at your stadium,” James said at the time, adding that his goal was to “capitalize on the excitement and energy that Mark [Richt] and his staff and the team have created around their finish last season, and then the excitement that you all create around signing day. We’re thrilled with it.”

A Dolphins spokesperson said Wednesday that stadium suites and broadcast areas are being upgraded, and some minor parking lot resurfacing will be done.

Miami will hold 13 spring practices that are open to the media, the first of which begins at 9:30 a.m. March 21 at Greentree Practice Fields. Two Saturday practices toward the end of spring, April 8 and 15, will be closed.

Practices are closed to the public.

The final spring practice of 2017 will be held at Richt’s alma mater, Boca Raton High.

The full schedule:

Tuesday, March 21 (practice begins 9:30 a.m.)
Thursday, March 23 (9:30 a.m.)
Saturday, March 25 (9:30 a.m.)
Tuesday, March 28 (9:30 a.m.)
Thursday, March 30 (9:30 a.m.)
Saturday, April 1 (9:30 a.m.)
Tuesday, April 4 (9:30 a.m.)
Thursday, April 6 (9:30 a.m.)
Saturday, April 8 — closed to media
Tuesday, April 11 (9:30 a.m.)
Thursday, April 13 (9:30 a.m.)
Saturday, April 15 — closed to media
Tuesday, April 18 (9:30 a.m.)
Thursday, April 20 (9:30 a.m.)
Saturday, April 22 (12 p.m.)*

For reporters covering the team, a typical practice day involves a media viewing period at the beginning of practice, usually lasting around 15 minutes, and interviews with players and coaches after practice concludes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If they feel it helps with the QB battle, experimenting, or really whatever, so be it. Winning solves everything. Just win.

I thought I read somewhere else that they were running 3 scrimmages instead, one in each county in So FL. Did I imagine that?

The no spring game or open scrimmages seems very weird to me. Has there been any mention as to Richt's thought process/reason for why?

Advertisement
Back