Spring Cleaning - Offense

Advertisement
Herbert still dealing with shoulder issues... is it realistic to question if he'll ever gain full health? That's been bothering him for 2 seasons now

Good article Stefan - Some quick thoughts below:
  • LOL at any one being concerned with our RB room outside of Homer. We have 4 legit backs who all bring a little bit of something different to the table and that doesn't even count Davis and Choc.
  • QB is concerning from a numbers standpoint. Would Perry and/or Weldon transfer before the season if Rosier/Williams is named the starter?
  • This was the first time I have heard anything negative about Harley, not doubting you but I wonder what your source meant. Could be he hasn't been able to put on much weight cause he looks the same.
  • Oline convo needs to go from "no doubt these guys will be really good in a year or two" to "they are really good right now".

If Robert Burns has maintained his track speed from high school then yes, he's 2nd fastest RB on the team. I know its been a long time but going into his junior year of HS burns was one of the best RB prospects in the country.... If I remember correctly he was top 10. His size speed combo was and still is sick. With that said, he's still the 4th string RB on this team. I don't think he beats out the guys in front of him, especially the top two. I was at the scrimmage this past Saturday. I was actually there when Tarquin committed. Deejay Dallas has gained solid weight, and he hasn't lost any speed. It wouldn't surprise me if he received just as many carries as Homer at some point during the season. IMO, if burns wants a role on this team, he should continue gaining weight and become a full time FB. Just my opinion though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
At this time (post-spring) I'd guess our QB situation is 1. Malik 2. Jarren 3. Kosi 4. Weldon.
By LSU it could very well be (this is where I believe they should be) 1. Jarren 2. Weldon 3. Kosi 4. Malik.

I do not think Nkosi Perry has it between the ears. I've always thought that, but I got a good laugh at all the people hyping him last season.

At this time (post-spring) I'd guess our QB situation is 1. Malik 2. Jarren 3. Kosi 4. Weldon.
By LSU it could very well be (this is where I believe they should be) 1. Jarren 2. Weldon 3. Kosi 4. Malik.

I do not think Nkosi Perry has it between the ears. I've always thought that, but I got a good laugh at all the people hyping him last season.
You believe that is where they should be based off of what ? You’ve seen 1 one of those QBs actually play

I imagine there are plenty of people here getting a chuckle out of the above...Jarren has had about 10 no-contact series with the 2's and 3's, and the rest has been 7 on 7. Weldon spent almost all spring recovering from ***-eye. How in the **** do you place these two ahead of Perry, let alone Malik?

Advertisement
Burns being 2nd fastest is not a shocker. We are speaking about 5-10 Hundredths of a second. A miniscule difference in game play. Faster possibly but doesn’t make him as good as Homer. Pure potential i would say Burns was number 2 put of high school as well. If he can stay healthy we will see, that has been his issue.

I hope we can see that.

Offensive Line

Tre Johnson has not been practicing this spring, but is still around the team. Sources are unsure (or unwilling to say) if he is suspended, injured, or planning a transfer. Either way, it’s not looking good for Johnson’s future with the team.

Was reading 247 reports... they had a quick note saying that Tre Johnson has been out all spring due to the loss of a couple family members

Advertisement
"George Brown started the spring there, but sources agree he is not physical enough to play at Miami.
A whole year in the weight room and this is the result? Maybe best to transfer out.

This offensive line"thing" has been going on for quite some time with little if any resolution. Seems we always have too many "guard types" like in the AG era.

Advertisement
Back