Spring Cleaning - Offense

DJ being ginormous concerning anyone else?

I am skeptical that this is good weight. Maybe someone that has actually seen him in the scrimmages can chime in. I just don't see how he can maintain his elusiveness and quickness which were his strengths with this kind of weight gain. We don't need him to be a bull dozer on short yardage or goal line situations. Need him in the slot, returning punts, and in wildcat packages. 221 seems too big for that kind of role.

Advertisement
On film he looks fast especially for his size but idk if he is faster than homer
He’s not faster than Homer.

And LOL at pretty much every comment after a fairly positive article being pvssy *** hand-wringing and quivering lips.

Great write up Stefan. I'm usually pretty hard on the O-line, but if RT is the only major question mark going into the summer, I will at least sleep better knowing that it's a super talented beast like Donaldson who's working on shoring that spot up than if all we really had to work with was a transfer or a guy who's been 4 year project.

I am skeptical that this is good weight. Maybe someone that has actually seen him in the scrimmages can chime in. I just don't see how he can maintain his elusiveness and quickness which were his strengths with this kind of weight gain. We don't need him to be a bull dozer on short yardage or goal line situations. Need him in the slot, returning punts, and in wildcat packages. 221 seems too big for that kind of role.
is this you subtly trying to convince him to get naked in front of you?

Advertisement
That’s what I would think . If Burns really is that fast man we got some **** weapons back there. **** shame the O-Line can’t get it together
Yeah when cam Davis get there it will be miamis deepest rb stable in a long time

Good stuff, Stefan. I appreciate the information. Looks like the O-line will hinge on whether or not Donaldson can make the transition to RT. The interior looks solid and it's nice to see Jahair Jones making an impact after being written off by most of us. This may be the best I've felt about the running back position since the Portis/McGahee/Gore days.

Advertisement
The sky is always falling on CIS. Dude said the 2018 OL can't get it together and it's not even summer 2018 yet.

Advertisement
The only knock on him has been frailty. And he’s proven nothing on that front yet.

According to some mouth breathing "experts" on this board, he wasn't going to make it through Spring without some kind of injury. This kid is talented and has a great head on his shoulders so I am cheering for him to succeed. Hopefully, the year off of resting and training his body helps him stay healthy.

Wait what? So I'm guessing Lo is number one , and folk are saying Burns in #2, before Homer? If that's the case, he'll be starting by week 3, especially if he's 225 -230 running around a 4.4. That first 3 rounds type of stats there.

Advertisement
Burns going to make a bunch of haters eat crow.
As long as we can keep him away from papercuts and carpet edges that are slightly rolled up.

In all seriousness, if he stays healthy he will surprise a lot of people. I'd HATE to try to tackle him late in a game.

Advertisement
Back