Spring Camp '16 | Episode 1: "High Tempo"

View as article
Advertisement
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I thinking Ritch actually planned to come back to Miami to finish out his career. It's too many things have happen at the right time... UGA playing in a tough conference, UGA athletic director sticking his nose in the football program, UM's tried to hire Richt every chance they got and Golden just happened to get fired after the Clemson game which everyone knew was going to be a blowout anyway... Too many coincidences... I'm glad he's here... Perfect timing...

I liked at the first when Richt is talking about going fast. When he said your going to make mistakes, we'll fix them as we go. That is a totally different mindset from the last regime. I remember a video from Golden's first year where no'd is losing his **** on someone. Don't have to baby these guys but perfection isn't there day one of spring ball like AG thought. I think we'll be able to see kids personality shine under Richt. Not the mindless robotic puppets that Golden was controlling.

Advertisement
I liked at the first when Richt is talking about going fast. When he said your going to make mistakes, we'll fix them as we go. That is a totally different mindset from the last regime. I remember a video from Golden's first year where no'd is losing his **** on someone. Don't have to baby these guys but perfection isn't there day one of spring ball like AG thought. I think we'll be able to see kids personality shine under Richt. Not the mindless robotic puppets that Golden was controlling.

The one thing I like about Richt is that he seems like one of those coaches who doesnt feel the need to use the "iron fist" approach. In Goldens defense, we were not a very tough team when he took over for Randy. But his approach was all wrong and didnt fit this culture. Curfews, yelling/screaming, "billy bada$$/new sheriff in town" mindset wasnt going to work here and he never wanted to try anything different..

Richt seems like he is going to instill toughness but by mentally "mind-phucking" this players. Basically telling them you have my trust until you give me a reason not to. And those Mat drills will instill toughness into anyone. I am liking this approach.

I know the true measure will be in the win and loss column but it feels good to not have amateur Al and Dorito chips running the show.

We actually have someone who knows what the fug they are doing. No manuals or binders, no pills or bricks, just proven experience.

Thank you football gods and thank you UGA
I always cracked up seeing No'D flipping through his D play calls on the sideline. Had a lost look on his face with no clue what the f**k he was doing

what a feeling to have full confidence in the head coach! so happy we got cmr..already pumped for the season

Advertisement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdZbpf1IVbE

I looking for Kc to grow under Richt's staff. Was a top recruit out of high school. He should shine with experience and good coaching.

Great to hear this from KC, it was long story to describe 1 word, accountability.. there has not been accountability in this program since Butch.. Everyone is being held accountable and it will translate to saturdays

it seems kaaya is hitting guys in stride , instead of making them come back for the ball or stop for the ball

that is huge

football's an imperfect game, the best teams are at their best when things don't go as expected, thats why under Grohlden you would see the team do really well when everything got off perfect.. the games where there were glitches the team melted down,

**** I need the whole practice film of every practice! That piece of insight got me excited. Can't wait till Spring Game! Langham is one of my pre-season surprise players.

Advertisement
Is it me or does Brad Kaaya look as if he has gained some muscle wait. I have seen some compare him to Ken Dorsey (skinny) but he just looks as if he has gained some muscle weight. I also enjoyed the McDermot video, I believe we are going to see a HUGE difference in this team than any AG coached.

That dude just talks/sounds like a real football coach. (not a salesman)

The more and more I see (and hear from "sources") the more I think that the nation is in big trouble. It's been a longgggg time since I've been this optimistic about the Miami program. I've had my little moments where I was optimistic that the defense would change or some other garbage, but I knew from day one that Golden wasn't a good fit here and I stated it a hundred times. (to the dismay of his groupies) But this just feels different. It's a guy who we know can win at a big time program and a guy that we know can recruit South Florida. Kids/recruits love him, he's assembled a diverse staff full of high energy characters and the current players feel like he's a breath of cool fresh air. (directly from the mouth of a current player)

It's fvckin' goin down!:navy3:

Advertisement
Is it me or does Brad Kaaya look as if he has gained some muscle wait. I have seen some compare him to Ken Dorsey (skinny) but he just looks as if he has gained some muscle weight. I also enjoyed the McDermot video, I believe we are going to see a HUGE difference in this team than any AG coached.
let us hope he can start winning like dorsey!!!

let us hope he can start winning like dorsey!!!

Md..You are Richt about that my friend. I have been reading all of the post's and I agree that this team looks like it is all BUSINESS!!! Especially what MacD said about them having to be responsible for their own actions and his reply that CMR said if you want to be treated like a kid then act like one, wanna be treated like a man then act like one. That's what all these young men need. I cant wait for this season to begin.

The more and more I see (and hear from "sources") the more I think that the nation is in big trouble. It's been a longgggg time since I've been this optimistic about the Miami program. I've had my little moments where I was optimistic that the defense would change or some other garbage, but I knew from day one that Golden wasn't a good fit here and I stated it a hundred times. (to the dismay of his groupies) But this just feels different. It's a guy who we know can win at a big time program and a guy that we know can recruit South Florida. Kids/recruits love him, he's assembled a diverse staff full of high energy characters and the current players feel like he's a breath of cool fresh air. (directly from the mouth of a current player)

This is the most cogent observation in this thread. Richt has the confidence of a man who know what he's doing and has been there before. He doesn't need to hype himself or condescend to compensate for his inadequacies or insecurities.

i feel the same. I wanted butch, dismissed Richt but then i started to hear he was handcuffed at UGA. this might be the guy we been waiting for.

Advertisement
Back