Spring 2017 - Coach Banda Mic'd Up

Advertisement
I'm really impressed with Banda.

I had my doubts as the cynic that I am when he was first hired but he has earned his stripes.

I had my doubts as the cynic that I am when he was first hired but he has earned his stripes.

This x100. He was the hire I was most unsure about. Well, him and Hartley. Both have impressed.

lol it's always funny people have doubts when we get coaches who aren't " well known" and always act like it's a bad hire before he even steps on the field. Why were there doubts about him?

Advertisement
lol it's always funny people have doubts when we get coaches who aren't " well known" and always act like it's a bad hire before he even steps on the field. Why were there doubts about him?

Where the fvck were you during the Gorlden years?

Because our recent past has us nervous thanks to Mark Whipple, Paul Williams, No'D, etc.

I think it's clear Richt knows how to hire staff and we're past that now, though.

Diaz probably told him that it was a "once in a lifetime" opportunity and dont ***** it up or make him look bad. People who get fired from the UM job end up in no mans land. Esp if you are just a position coach. He definitely has proven his worth and if he keeps this up we will have to fight to keep him on staff. A good coach and an elite recruiter? $hiiiiiiiiiiit. Good luck to us hanging on to him.

Advertisement

Diaz probably told him that it was a "once in a lifetime" opportunity and dont ***** it up or make him look bad. People who get fired from the UM job end up in no mans land. Esp if you are just a position coach. He definitely has proven his worth and if he keeps this up we will have to fight to keep him on staff. A good coach and an elite recruiter? $hiiiiiiiiiiit. Good luck to us hanging on to him.

I'd wager that the transition team is already in place. Hopefully Banda won't be leaving just getting a raise or promotion in a couple years.

Valid point, but also look who our head coach is. He wasn't going to bring in another Paul Williams.

Where the fvck were you during the Gorlden years?

That is probably not how it went.

A lot of teaching going on ... got to love that. Plus, the players actually look like their having fun out there. You can't over complicate the game like the previous staff did, from the messaging, to scheme, to the way you practice

Advertisement
I think Amari Carter physique wise will look close to what i remember of ST. i think he will stay at S. He has a nice long frame and usually the first 4-5 months of college is when you put on a lot of the weight that you will have throughout your career as a skill position player. I can see him gaining 15 more good lbs over the next few years, but being fast and more defined. Looks like he's already put on 15-20 lbs

I want him as one of the first 5 people off the bus, that's for **** sure!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Banda running more that his players!

Man, our coaches are intense and details, details, details.

This all day and someone mentioned that our staff as a lot of "Juice" in another thread. Energetic, lots of instruction on details, and the players really seem to enjoy the game and learning from this staff. I loved when you could hear Hartley really excited because the KO team was enthusiastic breaking the huddle and sprinted to their spots. "Oh I like that!" Love it

I also think ZM53 might cause multiple players on the opposite team to miss more than a few plays per game this year. Man i thought Banda was a goner on ZM53's rep on the throw drill hahaha

Last edited:
We are working the fvck out of our pitch game.

P.S. Banda ain't going anywhere any time soon. That's Diaz's son. He's attached to Diaz. Typically in a situation like that you'll see Banda follow Diaz wherever he goes and move up the ladder under him.

We are working the fvck out of our pitch game.

P.S. Banda ain't going anywhere any time soon. That's Diaz's son. He's attached to Diaz. Typically in a situation like that you'll see Banda follow Diaz wherever he goes and move up the ladder under him.

Does Diaz leave eventually or wait to take Ricks spot?

Advertisement
Back