Spread vs pro set

Likedis

Band
Banned
Isn't the point of a spread offense to minimize the differences in athletic ability between two teams? And pro style more about beating the guy in front of you.

I just don't get it, cmr has said repeatedly that our oline sucks and we don't have enough speed. Then why does he insist on running a pro style offense that requires what he does not have.

Why not go to a Baylor style spread that throws it all over the place AND RUNS for huge amounts of yards without relying on a running qb. This would be better for our rbs Walton and yearby would thrive in it and it would also get the ball out quick so Brad doesn't have to sit in the pocket and he can just get in a rhythm with the short intermediate stuff he seems best at

For a coach touted as a offensive genius he seems like he's trying to run a system he admits he doesn't have the players for instead of building a offense around what he has.

Look at Petrino he's running a spread built around a running qb now that he has Lamar but before that he ran a offense in Arkansas around a pocket passer in mallet. He adopts and builds around what he has.

I just wish we had a true offensive guy who would just build the most effective offense around his players

Advertisement
Isn't the point of a spread offense to minimize the differences in athletic ability between two teams? And pro style more about beating the guy in front of you.

I just don't get it, cmr has said repeatedly that our oline sucks and we don't have enough speed. Then why does he insist on running a pro style offense that requires what he does not have.

Why not go to a Baylor style spread that throws it all over the place AND RUNS for huge amounts of yards without relying on a running qb. This would be better for our rbs Walton and yearby would thrive in it and it would also get the ball out quick so Brad doesn't have to sit in the pocket and he can just get in a rhythm with the short intermediate stuff he seems best at

For a coach touted as a offensive genius he seems like he's trying to run a system he admits he doesn't have the players for instead of building a offense around what he has.

Look at Petrino he's running a spread built around a running qb now that he has Lamar but before that he ran a offense in Arkansas around a pocket passer in mallet. He adopts and builds around what he has.

I just wish we had a true offensive guy who would just build the most effective offense around his players

We were spread most of the FSU game.

We were spread most of the FSU game.

+1, We have been spread most of the season

We run the spread and all we do is get the ball out quick (RPOs etc)

Go watch the replay of FSU game. Only plays that worked we're quick hitters (slants, bubbles, etc) and screens.

I think Richt is doing everything he can to play off of the crappy OL and statue of a QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back