spots are going to fill up at some positions...

5XNC

Senior
I think we'll see a lot of kids committing before their senior season. at some positions, there are too many kids and too few spots. we will always hold a couple till the end for the 5 star guys, but, at some positions like rb, lb, wr and cb, kids will either need to commit now or risk not being in the class. at some positions, we can't go wrong with any number of kids...
I'm not sure the coaches will wait it out for too many kids this year. maybe a Stevenson or another 1-2 kids.

Advertisement
After last year’s debacle at certain positions, coaches can’t afford to miss this year. We need to own that early signing period and have 25ish of our 28 spots locked up.

I expect us to have a similar early signing period numbers wise. I just think spots are gonna quick and early at rb, wr, db it might be a 1st come, 1st serve type of situation with the guys who want to come and there might not being much difference in ability. take the guys who want to commit and sign early.

if you aren't signing early, it might be time for UM to start looking around.

Mostly its just private schools that have kids waiting until signing day to commit (2017 Columbus, 2018 AH) I dont think that will be the case this year we should have most kids signed by December 20th

Last edited:
I see fewer and fewer school "preventing" kids from signing early if they so choose to.

Advertisement
OP has a legit point and i think it's going to come at RB especially. We seem to be on more than a few kids that have us ranked in their top group. I personally think Crowley is a beast and am of the thinking that you don't push a kid out of a class who is from a powerhouse school in an area that is good to you recruiting wise. Do we wait for a McIntosh/Sanders person if another highly touted back wants in?

OP has a legit point and i think it's going to come at RB especially. We seem to be on more than a few kids that have us ranked in their top group. I personally think Crowley is a beast and am of the thinking that you don't push a kid out of a class who is from a powerhouse school in an area that is good to you recruiting wise. Do we wait for a McIntosh/Sanders person if another highly touted back wants in?

Sanders is a guy you find a space for no matter what.

McIntosh is probably the same because even if we're full at RB he's as good of a prospect on the defensive side

I hope you don’t see us messing with too many of the local groupies who don’t sign early. I’d sign 90% or more of the class early and hold a couple spots for guys like Miller who we found late this cycle. Don’t waste too much time with ***** like Campbell and Surtain this time around.

Advertisement
I hope you don’t see us messing with too many of the local groupies who don’t sign early. I’d sign 90% or more of the class early and hold a couple spots for guys like Miller who we found late this cycle. Don’t waste too much time with ***** like Campbell and Surtain this time around.

Gotta make a scholarship offer to UM really mean something, again. I mean, last I checked this is a premiere program(whether some want to admit that or not and now it's got its mojo back to a large degree) cant act like this is always a fall-back program that will always be there like the loyal boy/girl-friend that takes back the cheating boy/girl-friend or the one who's left at the altar.

When Richt gets this thing really rolling, I think he can start to play hard-ball with most guys as it relates to offers and commitments- **** or get off the pot. They may not be there yet, but give it another season or two and this whole dynamic changes. I remember at the end of Butch's reign guys( blue-chippers) were flat out fighting for spots and some were turned away. I really believe it can get back to that point with better QB play, the new indoor practice facility, etc

Yep! **** right. Sign up 90% of the class during early signing period, and leave about 4 spots open for hidden gems or star recruits who may sign.

But Richt should never again set himself up to be held on NSD to fill a key position. Fill your needs ahead of NSD so that signing day is really just a 'cherry on top of the ice cream' day.

Agree franchise. If you are committed and not signed in December, we’re looking. I don’t mind holding a a couple for guys who truly don’t know where they’re going, but we need to identify quickly our chances and move on. I’d rather have kids who are dying to be canes and ready to sign in dec and get things going.

It seems like Miami has cast a pretty wide net for a majority of the positions. You will probably see a few positions that they hold open for elite players but I could see for the vast majority of players, the Canes telling them this is how many spots we have and once their filled those other non-elite players won't be considered and will have to be packing their bags. I bet they have a majority of the spots filled by the start of the next season.

Advertisement
Gotta make a scholarship offer to UM really mean something, again. I mean, last I checked this is a premiere program(whether some want to admit that or not and now it's got its mojo back to a large degree) cant act like this is always a fall-back program that will always be there like the loyal boy/girl-friend that takes back the cheating boy/girl-friend or the one who's left at the altar.

When Richt gets this thing really rolling, I think he can start to play hard-ball with most guys as it relates to offers and commitments- **** or get off the pot. They may not be there yet, but give it another season or two and this whole dynamic changes. I remember at the end of Butch's reign guys( blue-chippers) were flat out fighting for spots and some were turned away. I really believe it can get back to that point with better QB play, the new indoor practice facility, etc

Some of these local kids that turn us down and are looking to come home after a year or two because it isn't working for them, you categorically tell them no. You have to be unforgiving here and make a Miami offer to local kids real value.

Some of these local kids that turn us down and are looking to come home after a year or two because it isn't working for them, you categorically tell them no. You have to be unforgiving here and make a Miami offer to local kids real value.

Oh absolutely, unless it's that rare case(where the talent is too great) you make it clear - you get one shot to come to the U. Live with your decisions

Oh absolutely, unless it's that rare case(where the talent is too great) you make it clear - you get one shot to come to the U. Live with your decisions

But only if the kid conducted himself professionally publicly and privately and only if he is transferring back to area out of real hardship. Other than that sorry kid you had your chance. Even in an area of need I would look elsewhere for a grad transfer. If the kid has to sit a year, then I tell him thanks for your interest in University of Miami football. Go contact FAU or FIU.

Advertisement
We already have 11 commitments. Add a bunch where we have a solid lead (Neal, Brooks, Bogle, Sanguinetti, Logan, etc.), and we are only left with 5 or so scholies, and those are for the 5 stars (Sanders, Rique, Ladson, Lucas, the WV OL, etc)

Advertisement
Back