Sports Illustrated: Enos/Hurts would be a Dangerous Ex-Bama Combo at Miami

Have you seen our QB play over the past few years. "Hurts Blows" is a huge step forward and perhaps gets us back to the ACC Championship and a New Years 6 Bowl Game.
I have to agree with the guy that people say is trolling. It's a lot easier when you have talent at every position and have all day to throw. If there's one negative about Hurts is that he holds the ball too long seemingly because he's slow at reading defenses. That's been his knock. It may have changed last year. It's hard to tell with the limited snaps he had.

Advertisement
I have to agree with the guy that people say is trolling. It's a lot easier when you have talent at every position and have all day to throw. If there's one negative about Hurts is that he holds the ball too long seemingly because he's slow at reading defenses. That's been his knock. It may have changed last year. It's hard to tell with the limited snaps he had.

I disagree.

Our QB efficiency last year was next to last in CFB. On a 10 scale that's a 1.
THAT blows.

I know Hurts isn't perfect, but I'll give him a 7 out of 10.
With him, the QB position will not give away 2 games in '19 and JW will get plenty of PT in the 2nd half of games.
A 62.8 completion percentage and a 4-1 TD/INT ratio would be pretty refreshing around here as well.

I disagree.

THAT blows.
I would take this all day. Personally, I would take the kid because he knows the system and I can hopefully stop sharpening my sabre that would be used for Hari Kari.
I disagree.

THAT blows.

With him, the QB position will not give away 2 games in '19 and JW will get plenty of PT in the 2nd half of games.
A 62.8 completion percentage and a 4-1 TD/INT ratio would be pretty refreshing around here as well.
I would take this all day. Personally, I would take the kid because he knows the system and I can hopefully stop sharpening my sabre and I can spare my self death by Hari Kari. Lord that offense for the past few years. The only motion we had was when someone jumped early.

I disagree.

THAT blows.

I just stated what the knock has been on him. It's been well publicized by football analyst everywhere. I don't blame all of last years woes on the QB. We had a terrible offensive line. Imagine a team like Alabama or Clemson not being able to run the ball. Their whole scheme is predicated on running the ball. Now throw in the fact that your offensive line can't pass block more than 2 seconds or that someone is missing a blocking assignment every other down. Any QB would have had worse stats with what we had last year. And I didn't even factor in the plays and play calling.

I think we have really talented QBs . They all need to grow and develop to the next level.

I just stated what the knock has been on him. It's been well publicized by football analyst everywhere. I don't blame all of last years woes on the QB. We had a terrible offensive line. Imagine a team like Alabama or Clemson not being able to run the ball. Their whole scheme is predicated on running the ball. Now throw in the fact that your offensive line can't pass block more than 2 seconds or that someone is missing a blocking assignment every other down. Any QB would have had worse stats with what we had last year. And I didn't even factor in the plays and play calling.

I think we have really talented QBs . They all need to grow and develop to the next level.

Our OL played poorly, I agree. But one could argue that 4 of our 9 loses were because of our QB play alone.
You can't argue that N'Kosi and Rosier are no better than 50% passers, where Hurts is better than 60%.

Hurts' coming aboard will also allow JW time to grow and develop with a very good QB coach.

We'll find out weather this convo is moot in the next few weeks.

Advertisement
Hurts has such blazing breakaway speed and defenses will have to prepare for his feet as much as they do for his arm.

We saw how Virginia brought in some no name guy who could run and improved the offense leaps and bounds. Hurts would be exponentially better for us especially since he is playing for an NFL contract with a coach who knows him better than anyone.

Yes he has deficiencies and negatives to his game but the positives outweigh the negatives is so many ways.
To basically say he sucks is just plain wrong.

Our OL played poorly, I agree. But one could argue that 4 of our 9 loses were because of our QB play alone.
You can't argue that N'Kosi and Rosier are no better than 50% passers, where Hurts is better than 60%.

Hurts' coming aboard will also allow JW time to grow and develop with a very good QB coach.

We'll find out weather this convo is moot in the next few weeks.
I think N'kosi is not in the same category as Rosier. He's a much more accurate passer. As I stated there were a lot of factors to the poor stats one of them being swapping QBs which I believe was a mistake, but may have been necessary due to disciplinary reasons.

Perry is young and talented. I'm not writing him off, but he needs have his head 100% with the team and want to compete. Will he compete or throw in the towel and transfer? IDK, but I think it's in his best interest to stay because there will be few to no takers from any P5 school based on last year.

Advertisement
Back