Off-Topic Sports cards?

nobeastofburden

All ACC
Anybody know a good way to sell cards, other than ebay and card shops? I don't have any shops near me that are easy to get to. Without paying for premium listings on ebay, I got minimal views on ones I listed, and even had them listed way under book price and market value. Just curious if there is another option, this is my first time trying to sell any of them.

Advertisement
I just ran across a huge box of cards from 78-79. There are some really good ones in there, but the whole grading system and ebay have kind of stolen the appeal of them for a lot of people.

I just ran across a huge box of cards from 78-79. There are some really good ones in there, but the whole grading system and ebay have kind of stolen the appeal of them for a lot of people.
Yeah it definitely has. I had a ton I was going to send in to PSA for grading last year, had a 9 month wait, and voila now the prices have tripled. Lamelo, Burrow, Herbert, etc etc.

Advertisement
You likely have a bunch of worthless cardboard.

It was a realization most of us have had.

Unless its a graded rookie card in good condition or something rare-ish...give it away or toss it. Whatever you would make on the sale won't be worth the time invested, again, unless you know you have something of actual value.

You likely have a bunch of worthless cardboard.

It was a realization most of us have had.

Unless its a graded rookie card in good condition or something rare-ish...give it away or toss it. Whatever you would make on the sale won't be worth the time invested, again, unless you know you have something of actual value.
No, not trash, got all kinds of graded cards some worth quite a bit. Have hundreds of thousands of commons though, for sure. I only buy PSA 10 cards.

Have a stash of about 200 football cards from the mid 80s. Kenny Easley 1985 Topps was my 1st card, got to pick it out of a prize box in 2nd grade for good behavior.
@JG13 i actually have contact for ken easley lol

Anybody know a good way to sell cards, other than ebay and card shops? I don't have any shops near me that are easy to get to. Without paying for premium listings on ebay, I got minimal views on ones I listed, and even had them listed way under book price and market value. Just curious if there is another option, this is my first time trying to sell any of them.
Depends of course on what you have - there are some really strong weekly Twitter sales eg Wednesday nights there's a vintage baseball card sale (pre 1980) that I follow, but there are others for modern baseball plus vintage Football and Basketball sales. Serious buyers and sellers participate and tons of deals are completed everything from $5 dollar cards to thousands. If you have modern, graded slabs are almost a requirement But the refractors, auto, 1/ cards move the best.

I buy raw vintage baseball only.

Advertisement
I got a ton of stuff in storage. Griffey rookie, Shaq Rookie. Elway rookie. Old *** comic books. None of it rated though.

Gotta work on that one day.

I got a ton of stuff in storage. Griffey rookie, Shaq Rookie. Elway rookie. Old *** comic books. None of it rated though.

Gotta work on that one day.

Shaq rookie could be worth a lot depending on brand + condition.

Shaq rookie could be worth a lot depending on brand + condition.

I know I have one of Fleer and one of Upper Deck. Haven't checked them in a while, but they are in plastic card holders so I'm hoping they're in good shape.

Advertisement
Ive used BGS to grade cards in the past. Ebay was great for me when I was selling a collection I bought 20 years ago. Like I bought it 20 years ago, and have been selling it off since pandemic started.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back