Sports Buzz

Miami82

Mediocrity is for pussies
### Al Golden correctly points out that UM’s depth doesn’t yet measure up to FSU’s, and he pointed to three positions where that’s the case: running back (UM didn’t want to use Trayone Gray in Gus Edwards’ absence Saturday and isn’t sure what Gray’s longterm position will be), offensive line and linebacker. (Gray did play special teams Saturday.)

### How upset was UM receiver Braxton Berrios about dropping that touchdown pass Saturday? He said he has watched the play more than a dozen times and couldn’t sleep all weekend.

### Go figure: A greater percentage of homes watched UM-FSU in Columbus, Ohio (17.4) than in Miami-Fort Lauderdale (16.2). In between those two cities, ranking No. 2 among major markets, was Jacksonville (17.0).

### UM's Michael Wyche, who coaches thought would be a starter and impact player at defensive tackle, instead spent this season losing weight (365 to 329) and playing limited snaps (13 on Saturday).

“It was a setback,” he said, noting he's determined to be an impact player next season. Golden said Wyche has “come on” but Calvin Heurtelou has distinguished himself most of the defensive tackles.

Depth isn't why we lost against the noles...

Advertisement
### Al Golden correctly points out that UM’s depth doesn’t yet measure up to FSU’s, and he pointed to three positions where that’s the case: running back (UM didn’t want to use Trayone Gray in Gus Edwards’ absence Saturday and isn’t sure what Gray’s longterm position will be), offensive line and linebacker. (Gray did play special teams Saturday.)

### How upset was UM receiver Braxton Berrios about dropping that touchdown pass Saturday? He said he has watched the play more than a dozen times and couldn’t sleep all weekend.

### Go figure: A greater percentage of homes watched UM-FSU in Columbus, Ohio (17.4) than in Miami-Fort Lauderdale (16.2). In between those two cities, ranking No. 2 among major markets, was Jacksonville (17.0).

### UM's Michael Wyche, who coaches thought would be a starter and impact player at defensive tackle, instead spent this season losing weight (365 to 329) and playing limited snaps (13 on Saturday).

“It was a setback,” he said, noting he's determined to be an impact player next season. Golden said Wyche has “come on” but Calvin Heurtelou has distinguished himself most of the defensive tackles.

Depth isn't why we lost against the noles...

Nope it was execution problems during a night game after a 2 week rest that left our players more ready for the PGA long drive competition than playing the game they were recruited to play.

But hey. Corches still got paid right?

How Duke starts cramping up now of all times should be grounds to show certain members of this staff to the door. It's damning evidence when we can't get our most important player in adequate game shape after 2 weeks off, in relatively cool weather, for a night game. That **** just can't happen, it can't.

How Duke starts cramping up now of all times should be grounds to show certain members of this staff to the door. It's damning evidence when we can't get our most important player in adequate game shape after 2 weeks off, in relatively cool weather, for a night game. That **** just can't happen, it can't.

cramping happens. We are now blaming the staff for cramps..lol

cramping happens. We are now blaming the staff for cramps..lol

He hadn't cramped all year. Yet cramps up the most important game of the year. Who gets paid to make sure this doesn't happen?

Advertisement
Fumbles
dropped TD passes
special team blunders
dumb 15 yard penalties in the 2nd half
letting your foot off the gas when you had your enemy in the fetal position...

Yep, depth was definitely the issue here.

I didn't notice this, but a buddy of mine at work said Duke's leg got intentionally twisted by an FSU defender after a tackle and he wasn't the same after that. Did anyone see this?

Advertisement
Even assuming Golden's depth excuse is accurate (which I do not concede), who is responsible for the depth? Someone hand Golden a mirror.

Advertisement

I didn't notice this, but a buddy of mine at work said Duke's leg got intentionally twisted by an FSU defender after a tackle and he wasn't the same after that. Did anyone see this?

I saw it.

Advertisement
The fact that he didn't have two lines full bore IV in at halftime is an indictment of this ******* staff. Dude was cramping toward the end of the second ffs.

Depth was an issue, probably not game defining, but definitely impacted the game.
Folden didn't get enough depth in your throat?
Cool, bro. You are such a moron. At least your ignorance is on display for everyone to see.

Let me dumb this down to your level of understanding....which team had the deeper team?

I didn't say it costs us the game, but it was a factor. For example, their three running backs help cook be fresh in the fourth quarter, while our two left duke on the sidelines with cramps.

Advertisement
Back