Spoke with someone on the BOT...

Bump. Not too late to voice your opinions...

gettyimages-498161238.jpg

Dude, if its not clear to the BOT by now, its too late.

Advertisement
Who do we have to email. If we end up with schiano , with butch right there would be embarrassing.

Bump. It would be a shame if the wrong guy got the coaching job because the fans were largely silent regarding their preferred candidate, especially given how vocal those same fans were for Golden's firing.

There are vocal anti Cuban Alf voices on this forum. However, sadly I think it's the minority. I've been listening to QAM the past few weeks and it's full of morans talking about how Cuban Alf should be the next coach. Former players, sofla HS coaches, canesfam are all pushing HARD for this guy and who's speaking against this? A bunch of message board weenies?

The Pro Mario Compadres cannot be underestimated.

Lots of circle, both political and financial, are jockeying for influence, saying this is their time, this is Cristobal time, he is one of their own.

This is the same way that people underestimated that Randy Shannon was going to rise to the top even after Senor Neivas was hired, and the BoT hired Shannon.

Can we really trust them not to do the wrong hire again?

THIS! We know Mario has a lot of support from the local "padrones" and they will try to force UM to hire him as HC. If this happens, we might as well fold the program. This clown doesn't have the experience yet to run a program like ours. It's just OVER if this happens. Not only is this guy a joke as an HC, he has a nasty personality and no loyalty to anyone but himself. He's already shown that. He couldn't get along with FIU AD Garcia so I don't know why even the Cuban community thinks he is the answer.

Am sick of hearing of all these good options for HC at Miami (especially the last three times we've made a hire) only to find out we're stuck another incompetent small-time a-hole, pay him a big underserved extension, and then will have to can him in four years time for basically doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING RIGHT!

We should have seen this **** coming. We're getting screwed again and this program is absolutely DEAD if this fool is hired. I don't care where his family came from, who he knows, or what connections he has to this community or school. HE SUCKS just like Clappy, Radio, and Albortion did. All these promises of a "serious"non-bargain basement hire look like the same old BS these admins and BOT clowns always spew. We've been HAD again, and for me, it's the f##king end!

INCOMPETENCE=UM! It didn't end with the Troll, it's endemic to the whole university and its so-called "leaders. It will NEVER change!

What I said in that post also goes for Schiano. I cannot see the difference between these two Jersey Boys with the possibility that Schiano might field a slightly better defense and a worse offense. This admins, they always get it wrong, don't they?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back