speed (tyler harrell)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I always hate looking at that Jeff Thomas All-American game highlights. Dude made everyone on the field look like they had cement shoes, then came to Miami and seemingly never ran full speed again.
Well that’s not true. Didn’t help the offensive gameplan sucked, Rosier couldn’t get him the ball when he was open pretty much every play, and then obviously Jeff’s own issues. But he always showed up against FSU and was the only one that showed up against LSU in 2018.

He was better off going to an offense like Oklahoma or Ohio State.

Well that’s not true. Didn’t help the offensive gameplan sucked, Rosier couldn’t get him the ball when he was open pretty much every play, and then obviously Jeff’s own issues. But he always showed up against FSU and was the only one that showed up against LSU in 2018.

He was better off going to an offense like Oklahoma or Ohio State.
I'm talking about pure speed. There were more than a few times when he got caught from behind or didn't show pull away speed against dudes that had an angle on him. Not like in the AA-Bowl game highlights.

I'm talking about pure speed. There were more than a few times when he got caught from behind or didn't show pull away speed against dudes that had an angle on him. Not like in the AA-Bowl game highlights.
There’s a difference in playing against guys with dozens of games under their belt at the college level and playing against soon to be true freshmen.

I’m sure you are talking about the Ga Tech game when he got caught from behind. What about the Syracuse game when Rosier underthrew him times 10 and he still managed to break away? Jeff isn’t a 4.2-4.3 guy but he sure as **** would beat you off the first step everytime.

Advertisement
There’s a difference in playing against guys with dozens of games under their belt at the college level and playing against soon to be true freshmen.

I’m sure you are talking about the Ga Tech game when he got caught from behind. What about the Syracuse game when Rosier underthrew him times 10 and he still managed to break away? Jeff isn’t a 4.2-4.3 guy but he sure as **** would beat you off the first step everytime.

Felt like it was more than just the GT game, but yeah. I'm talking about him getting caught from behind while already in stride

Back to Harrell..there is a reason why Saban wanted this kid. He just couldn’t stay healthy at Bama. But he saw the same thing we see..he’s a game changing player when healthy. Jameson Williams 2.0. Harrell is taking somebody’s spot.

Jeff's top speed wasn't as high as other guys but he was definitely shot out of a cannon similar to Percy Harvin.

Touchdown against North Carolina in 2017 is what I remember. He could have been special in the right situation for sure.

Advertisement
If this kid can give us anything similar to what Phillip Dorsett did then I will be happy.

What's not obvious -- He'll open up the underneath for X, Arroyo & [insert 3rd down back here].

Hahaha all he has to do is perform well enough to be a 1st round draft pick? Got it. Anything else you will NOT BE HAPPY!

Advertisement
Dorsett caught 121 passes in 4 years at Miami.

Harell has caught 22 passes in 4 years at Louisville and Alabama.

If he gives us 15-20 catches for 300-400 yards, I'd be stoked.
36 catches ... 3 per game ... and 600 yards. DC's will HAVE to cover him every time he steps on the field.

Advertisement
Back