Speed, Speed, and Speed

Mr. Dynasty1

Junior
I know Gibbs is one of fastest dudes out there but to watch him dust our guys is annoying. Not only at LB do we lack it but CB and S as well. I love Kam/Tae/andJW but right now it seems we have no one that is catching someone from behind.

Offensively, our guys can get separation but where are the dudes we always had that break one tackle and go for 65, 70 yards, outside of Knighton. Offense is killing it so they aren’t my issue so much

PR/KR where is the person that just needs on block and blows pass the kicker or punter? Where is Malik Curtis? It feels like we watch film on a commit and he dust everyone on the field. He comes to Miami and that disappears from their game. I know some of that is just the increase in skill level of competition but its still puzzling.

I truly hope the next HC recognizes this and recruits more speed all over. Cuz we are lacking it

Advertisement
I know Gibbs is one of fastest dudes out there but to watch him dust our guys is annoying. Not only at LB do we lack it but CB and S as well. I love Kam/Tae/andJW but right now it seems we have no one that is catching someone from behind.

Offensively, our guys can get separation but where are the dudes we always had that break one tackle and go for 65, 70 yards, outside of Knighton. Offense is killing it so they aren’t my issue so much

PR/KR where is the person that just needs on block and blows pass the kicker or punter? Where is Malik Curtis? It feels like we watch film on a commit and he dust everyone on the field. He comes to Miami and that disappears from their game. I know some of that is just the increase in skill level of competition but its still puzzling.

I truly hope the next HC recognizes this and recruits more speed all over. Cuz we are lacking it

we never get kick returns.

Malik Curtis is on most special teams units.

I agree Kam, TAE, AND JW are likely high 4.6 guys.

Advertisement
Speaking of kick returns, how come we couldn't kick it into the endzone today?
Being at the game...for some reason it seemed like that was a PLAN.

BORREGALAS CAN EASILY MAKE IT INTO THE RED ZONE SO WHATEVER THEY SAW IN FILM THEY WANTED TO KICK IT LIKE THAT...WHICH IS HILARIOUS BECAUSE OUR KICK OFF UNIT IS SMALLER THAN MY HIGH SCHOOLS UNIT I COACHED 2 YEARS AGO. Like legitimately...and Flagg is even on THAT. If Huff, Chase Smith dont slow down a guy or make a tackle there aint nothing behind them i trust to make tackles at all

BORREGALAS CAN EASILY MAKE IT INTO THE RED ZONE SO WHATEVER THEY SAW IN FILM THEY WANTED TO KICK IT LIKE THAT...WHICH IS HILARIOUS BECAUSE OUR KICK OFF UNIT IS SMALLER THAN MY HIGH SCHOOLS UNIT I COACHED 2 YEARS AGO. Like legitimately...and Flagg is even on THAT. If Huff, Chase Smith dont slow down a guy or make a tackle there aint nothing behind them i trust to make tackles at all
It was insanity, and only worked once.

Advertisement

When your alignments put you at a disadvantage pre snap and you combine it with young players who are still learning speed at the D1 level (poor angles along with the first point above), you’ll get dusted by players like Gibbs regardless of your talent level.

Mastering fundamentals, knowing your assignments, instincts, and a defense utilizing the strengths of the personnel make you football fast along with raw abilities. Yes, you can never have too much raw speed but we lack in so many other areas that you could give this coaching staph a full Olympic 100m team and it wouldn’t matter. We desperately need a complete coaching and administrative overhaul…………so **** undisciplined on defense.

See and thats another problem. Lets say you do that the first kick and they return it like they do. I’m trashing that idea and telling my kicker to boot that ish. I don’t understand man

Moving from HS to CFB there are a lot more players equal or faster than the fast guys in HS…kind of like going from CFB when you think you can fly to the NFL and EVERYONE is fast and your being run down by DE’s and LBers.

Advertisement
I love what JW brings to the table, but he is NOT an elite safety. He is brutally slow and it shows in open spaces. He needs to become a striker.
I’ve wanted to bring this same subject up but haven’t because of how bad the actual coaching is. Everyone is in love with the young guys, and I am too. But there are times where it’s obvious we lack team speed, including the young guys.

The young corners are NOT burners.

I’m still waiting for Keyshawn Smith to run by someone. X can’t pull away from LB coverage.

The good news is they are all SOLID football players and not 7v7 heroes so they catch the ball or tackle well but we will have games in the next couple of years where we will get smoked because we don’t have enough speed. And that is crazy to say as a fan of the U.

I saw someone say KK and JW are 4.6 guys. Umm maybe if that’s a 4.65 or higher. The 4.5 guys blow by them. Not knocking their football acumen, or the fact that they are a HUGE upgrade to Bolden and Hall, but there are NOT fast.

We need some serious player development to happen. Flagg looks fat. And most dudes look the same as they did in HS. So hopefully these dudes get right in the off season and they gain a step or two. Because barring the speed they can play ball! That’s for dang sure!

mickey-goldmill-mick.gif

Advertisement
I love what JW brings to the table, but he is NOT an elite safety. He is brutally slow and it shows in open spaces. He needs to become a striker.
I’ve wanted to bring this same subject up but haven’t because of how bad the actual coaching is. Everyone is in love with the young guys, and I am too. But there are times where it’s obvious we lack team speed, including the young guys.

The young corners are NOT burners.

I’m still waiting for Keyshawn Smith to run by someone. X can’t pull away from LB coverage.

The good news is they are all SOLID football players and not 7v7 heroes so they catch the ball or tackle well but we will have games in the next couple of years where we will get smoked because we don’t have enough speed. And that is crazy to say as a fan of the U.

I saw someone say KK and JW are 4.6 guys. Umm maybe if that’s a 4.65 or higher. The 4.5 guys blow by them. Not knocking their football acumen, or the fact that they are a HUGE upgrade to Bolden and Hall, but there are NOT fast.

We need some serious player development to happen. Flagg looks fat. And most dudes look the same as they did in HS. So hopefully these dudes get right in the off season and they gain a step or two. Because barring the speed they can play ball! That’s for dang sure!
Receuit who UGA and bama recruit if u want fast

Advertisement
Back