Speed Kills: 2018 RB/CB Shaun Shivers is a Cane at heart

View as article

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
image.jpg

It's not very common that you find a freshman in high school football playing so early in his career. Most high school football players don't see the field much until their sophomore or junior year.

That is not the case with 2018 Freshman football prospect Shaun Shivers standing in at 5'7" 160 of Chaminade-Madonna. Once a South Florida High School Football powerhouse Chaminade-Madonna, has that case in Shaun Shivers and his close friend Xavier Williams.

Shaun Shivers happens to be one of the youngest football prospects on the South Florida Express 7on7 team as a Freshman. He currently holds the 200 meter dash record for his class year of 2018 at 21.62.

I had the chance to speak with Shaun and interview the young up and coming South Florida prospect on his new coach Jason Milgrom, his individual goals as well as goals for his team going into his sophomore year and his thoughts about the hometown Miami Hurricanes.

Geo: What is it like being one of the youngest kids on the South Florida Express 7on7 team?

Shaun: "It's really a blessing to be apart of the South Florida Express team. Because SFE only takes the best of the best and I am around a lot of All-American players also who are ranked like Dredrick Snelson, Sam Bruce, Josh Hammond and plenty more."

Geo: I heard you recently ran a 21.62 in the 200 meter dash at a recent track meet. A nation wide record for your class year of 2018. That's pretty fast for a freshman in high school. Was there any other good times you posted in other runs at the event?

Shaun: "Yes I ran 21.62 but I think I could have went faster then that if I would have got out the blocks.....Also I went 10.84 in the 100 meter dash."

Geo: Do you plan on continuing to run track when you get to College?

Shaun: "Yes"

Geo: What position do you feel you would excel at in College and who would you compare your game to?

Shaun: "I will excel at running back in college....I compare myself to Darren Sproles because he's fast, can catch, and can run that ball hard."

Geo: Your school recently hired coach Jason Milgrom, who comes from a winning pedigree at St. Thomas Aquinas as an assistant coach and player who has won multiple State Titles under South Florida Football coaching legend George Smith. How do you feel about coach Milgrom and what he can bring to Chaminade-Maddona's football team?

Shaun: "Coach Milgrom is a really awesome coach, he is determined to get stuff done!!! And that's what I like......Coach Milgrom will bring better coaching, state rings, a good coaching staff and discipline."

Geo: Your school Chaminade-Madonna, it was once a power house high school in South Florida for football. Do you have any goals or dreams to have your school reach that again and do you have any individual goals for your sophomore season?

Shaun: "My goals are to get Chaminade back on the map with coach Milgrom. My individual goals are to get more then 900 yards this year and be the best player on the field and the fastest player too!"

Geo: What would you want to improve the most in your game as a football player?

Shaun: "I would like to improve as a football player, better cuts, running more north and south instead of trying to run east and west."

Geo: Describe yourself in one word.

Shaun: "Confidence"

Geo: Is their any role model or anyone who helped you get to where you are today or pushed you to work hard?

Shaun: "Yes. Coach Tate, and Chafie Fields helps me become better. My role model is Barry Sanders."

Geo: Although you are a Freshman and still have another three years to go. Have any schools shown interest or have offered you yet?

Shaun: "No schools have showed interest yet and I have no offers"

Geo: If their was one school you would want to go to the most. What school would that be?

Shaun: "Miami Hurricanes, it's all about the ��"

Geo: Do you know anyone at the University of Miami or anyone currently committed to Miami?

Shaun: "Yes, I know Walter tucker, my cousin Sam Bruce, Cedrick Wright, Dionte Mullins and Deion Jackson."

Geo: The University of Miami has two early commitments in your class year of 2018. Al Blades Jr. and Thomas Burns. The class goes by the name of #Storm18, do you see your own self joining that class if the opportunity comes up?

Shaun: "Yes. If I get the opportunity to, I would be apart of #Storm18. That's like my dream school to go there since I was a kid."

Geo: Any last words for Canes fans Shaun?

Shaun: "Yes I have a few words for the Canes fans... GO CANES!! ITS ALL ABOUT THE U������
FUTURE #STORM18"

While speaking with Shaun I also found out he is the cousin of former Auburn Track All-American, Harry Adams who used to train Shaun when he was younger.

Shaun Shivers Freshman Highlights - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4068640/highlights/199937376/v2

You can follow Shaun "Worm" Shivers on twitter at -http://www.twitter.com/freakywormm

Last edited:
Advertisement
he gone...not recruiting him early enough and the dreaded "dream school" quote

While speaking with Shaun I also found out he is the cousin of former Auburn Track All-American, Harry Adams who used to train Shaun when he was younger.

And while posting last week, I found out Harry Adams' best friend posts here... Where you at??? lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never to early to show these kids love. This just goes to show the impact a signee like Sam Bruce can have, he's a must keep. Not feeling the storm18 , 18BallinBoyz sound better. This incoming freshmen class is one of the fastest track wise I seen in some time, they have guys who could end up being elite on the track and productive on the field as well. Mirmar and STA got some up and coming prospects with blazing speed. Hope Shivers continues to improve and be a cane, only time will tell.

Never to early to show these kids love. This just goes to show the impact a signee like Sam Bruce can have, he's a must keep. Not feeling the storm18 , 18BallinBoyz sound better. This incoming freshmen class is one of the fastest track wise I seen in some time, they have guys who could end up being elite on the track and productive on the field as well. Mirmar and STA got some up and coming prospects with blazing speed. Hope Shivers continues to improve and be a cane, only time will tell.

18Ballinboyz is ****** horrible. What happens when we sign 19+?

18Ballinboyz is ****in horrible. What happens when we sign 19+?

18 is supposed to be for the year, not the number of recruits.

18Ballinboyz is ****in horrible. What happens when we sign 19+?

18 is supposed to be for the year, not the number of recruits.

Obvious Lee. It was sarcasm but it's still horrible.

Advertisement
Lot of people saying he was one of the most impressive prospects at the Rivals Camp today. Barely anyone could keep up with him or even cover him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back