Special Teams

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
Manny's response to a question regarding the depth chart for special teams was fascinating and hasn't really been discussed here, even though it (the response and special teams) is so important.

Diaz was asked whether there would be starters on special teams. "oh yeah, there will be starters all over special teams. . . .we'll rest a guy on first down if we have to. There's a lot better chance to score on kickoff and punt return then there is to score on first down and ten. That's just the nature of the game. There is a lot of space and lot of grass available to get the ball and guys like you know whether there's Jeff's or KJ's or DJ's hand with all that grass. I know Dan Enos would love to play with all that grass and that separation between him and the defense so that's what happens every time someone kicks the ball to us."

Advertisement
Advertisement
We've always had some of our best players on STs.

Your avatar gives me a headache whenever I try to read your posts.

Manny's response to a question regarding the depth chart for special teams was fascinating and hasn't really been discussed here, even though it (the response and special teams) is so important.

Diaz was asked whether there would be starters on special teams. "oh yeah, there will be starters all over special teams. . . .we'll rest a guy on first down if we have to. There's a lot better chance to score on kickoff and punt return then there is to score on first down and ten. That's just the nature of the game. There is a lot of space and lot of grass available to get the ball and guys like you know whether there's Jeff's or KJ's or DJ's hand with all that grass. I know Dan Enos would love to play with all that grass and that separation between him and the defense so that's what happens every time someone kicks the ball to us."

Our offensive specials were pretty good last year. We returned a few punts and kickoffs. If we can cover a **** kick and actually kick a punt more than 7 yards, that’s likely worth a game in and of itself. Gotta block on punts, too. Wouldn’t be shocked to see UF go after a block hard, especially early

Advertisement
Tremaine Mack, Earl Little, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Roscoe Parrish, Devin Hester, Travis Benjamin

I want to go back to the days of the Canes REGULARLY blocking kicks and taking returns to the house. Not sure if punt blocks are down overall due to changes in punt formations, but it used to feel like we could block punts and FGs all the time.

Advertisement
I am hoping to see a blocked punt or FG in this game.
It has been a while since we have seen that in a big game.

Advertisement
Back