Special Teams (Return Men)

Advertisement
That would be my pick for KR’s; the two fastest dudes on the squad.

As for PR’s I’d go with one of Shemar Kirk, Robby Washington or Nate Joseph.

I’d also give any combo of those 3 a look at KR’s as well depending on whichever one is most natural at it.

Need to get back to having explosive Homerun threats on ST’s as our return men, Idgaf about having a “Safe” Faircatch King, put somebody out there who can flip the field & SCORE.

I’d also give any combo of those 3 a look at KR’s as well depending on whichever one is most natural at it.

Need to get back to having explosive Homerun threats on ST’s as our return men, Idgaf about having a “Safe” Faircatch King, put somebody out there who can flip the field & SCORE.
Pretty sad we would be relying on true freshmen as return guys. I agree just give me speed and someone who could break one at any moment.

Advertisement
Anyone want to throw out their picks for return guys on specials. You’d think Harrell and Chris Johnson could be worth a look. Maybe Joseph too.
Can’t see Harrell back there with his injury history rather save him for offense. Plenty of other play makers u could put back there like joesph or Chris Johnson if CJ isn’t shirted

Advertisement
Brashard Smiff, Shemar Kirk, and Joseph would be my first shots at PR.

Chris Johnson, Brashard and Harrell would be my first 3 up at KR.

B Smith in both aspects of the return game. I’ve been saying that since he signed and we finally got a small taste last year

Agree Crib

In his young career he has dealt with adversity well and hasn’t been flustered nor been a diva about lack of reps etc… He’s just kept showing up and doing his best to show out.

In a PR especially you need a dependable and even keeled player back there first and foremost. All the ability in the world won’t mean jack if you can’t get north and south nor hold on to the pill.

For all the deserving accolades D Hester gets no one talk about his demeanor and inner self confidence.

I’m not comparing the 4 & 12 , 4 has run his race and 12 just left the blocks, but i see a quiet confidence in 12 I can get behind for such a key position.

KR I prefer to keep Harrell out of Special Teams units unless we are in desperate need of a spark. He has such a unique skill set that is crucial to Dawson’s air game.

Advertisement

Our “safe” guys have ****ed up enough to go with the home run threat and take the risk reward

Roscoe Parrish would be great. I'd go with Smith as well and Kirk. Seriously, when is the last time we had a kick returner instill fear in the opposing team? Hester? Has it really been that long....

Advertisement
Joseph and Washington. Maybe lean Washington, as I believe Joseph to be our most talented receiver, by far.

@Lance Roffers can probably confirm, but I have seen studies showing that even 10 yards additional per return on average results in substantial gains in ppg (holding all other things equal, of course).

Advertisement
Back