Speaking Louder

capefearcane

Band
Banned
A couple of weeks ago I posted about being called by the U re fundraising. Course that was right after the Duke game and I was suspicious to say the least. Probably was not related, but I posted it anyway. Well now have received another call again asking for funds. I noted to the caller that I had been called a couple of weeks ago and said I would not be donating any funds until the University straightened up there horrific coaching situation by getting some real coaches.

She said that "They've been hearing that a lot" - and went on to explain that I could dedicate my donation toward academics or other non athletic funding only. To which I replied - No the school doesn't get it, WE, and I believe I speak for some not but some of us here and elsewhere DEMAND that this situation be corrected and many of us believe that we must now SPEAK LOUDER and we will SPEAK LOUDER with our wallets.

And you know what - I think that is a good theme for getting rid of Golden and crew. SPEAK LOUDER

I will not be buying any U merchandise, will not be traveling to Miami for a game - which I had planned - TV will have to do. I will maintain my Hurricane Club membership (at the lowest level) if for nothing more than to support the basketball program and other programs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I got a call late last summer when I didn't renew for the first time in forever....I told them basically the same thing.

Who knows if it makes a difference but it can't hurt.

Advertisement
Back