South Florida

ball915

All-American
After losing Jeudy I asked myself if South Florida is salvageable. We saw the rise of the SEC happen as Coker was eroding our program by opening the door for them to come in and take who they want. Others followed suit as well putting a bigger strain on the Canes. The landscape of college football has changed too much to truly "build a fence around South Florida". My question is is it at a point of no return? Did the Coker/Shannon/Golden decade open the door too much where we are going to continue to struggle keeping the program changing kids (Cooper, Cook, Jeudy's, etc.) home.

Advertisement
Now slowly take that gun and put it to your temple and gently squeeze. You will feel better afterwards

Advertisement
It can't be salvaged. We'll never keep South Florida talent at home. F A G realized this and adjusted his recruiting strategy and focused on NJ coal shovelers. That was clearly a genius move.

To some extent we were going to lose the SFLA monopoly at some point. Teams up north aren't completely stupid and they've got tons of money so it was only a matter of time until the bags started flowing in. Of course, our ****** coaches made it far worse than it had to be, and we can still win some of that back.

It is salvageable. With this coaching staff and the seeds they are planting behind the scenes, it's only a matter of time. We got real coaches now, with real successful resumes. If you win, they will come; simple as that.

It is salvageable. With this coaching staff and the seeds they are planting behind the scenes, it's only a matter of time. We got real coaches now, with real successful resumes. If you win, they will come; simple as that.

Yup.....we gots a staff now......(that unfortunately continues to get assraped for the elite sfl kids).

Advertisement
OP suffers from a severe case of BYTCHAZZ-NESS there is no known cures for BYTCHAZZ-NESS it much like aids and cancer is Terminal.

This disease is highly contagious according to the CDC.

"The Rock" Dwayne Johnson being on staff to personally take recruits around when they visit would be a pretty good power move...

Op has a point....A good amount (not all) of HS coaches down here are against the U... ****** like cristo no balls walks in like it was still his house...walks in to any HS and gets better treatment than the home team Miami coaches.

We need a mafia down here...we better start dropping off bags at the High schools or hire every coach with pull as "recruiting consultants".

When we did our thing in the 80's 90's every school copied our blue print and won chips (UFag, FSWho)...time to repay the favor, mafia style...

Bags, "advisers" and perennial 8-4 records. That's what has fcked UM in South Florida. The grift is skrong down here, and the "advisers" are feeding off our run of mediocrity by polluting kids on UM in order to maximize their bag game from outside teams.

Advertisement
Can we move the U to Ohio? We can merge with that Miami and we can pull some good local Cleveland recruits. That way we can run from the competition

As has been said many times, winning solves almost everything. IF we blast out 10 regular season wins next year, Mark will clean up. Might have happened this year if he had run the same O after the 1st half of the ND game for the entire season. If he would've run that O and Searles had made those adjustments to the OL earlier, we would have ONLY lost the VT game in my opinion and would've played Clempsson for the ACC. If he would've won 10 this season, he would've gotten one or two of these 5* dark horses.

Anyway, I firmly believe we will not drop more than 2 regular season games next season and with that, he'll have a top 5 recruiting class.

Also, I really like THIS year's recruiting class, so all the doom and gloom is unnecessary.

Last edited:
Keeping Pope and Elijah Wms (?) home will be evidence we are limiting bamers recruiting success down here. Jeudy had already been stolen before the staff had a real chance.

Advertisement
We weren't treating So. Fla right, both on and off the field. Although I wish the kids in So. Fla had the same attitude as the kids in So. CA when it comes to the home school, I realize that will never happen.

We had Coker who was waiting for kids to come to him v. him going to the kids. He only survived as long as he did b/c he had Butch's recruits and kids were drawn to those teams, but once the leadership eroded, he and the team showed their true colors and kids started going elsewhere.

Radio came through and he recruited a couple of schools heavy, and the others he didn't even bother. Product on and off the field sucked, putting a wider wedge between the school and the community.

Al Golden brought this school to an all time low. We heard on Pete's podcast that the **** wouldn't even return HS Coaches phone calls and this is not the first time that was stated. Then he tried to strong arm ppl into committing on the spot, and would rather offer a "coal shoveling" kid who attended his wack camp than any beast who didn't. PLUS WE SUCKED ON THE FIELD. Needless to say that the wedge between Miami and the community is at an all time high.

Here comes Richt, who inherited 13 years of damage created by 3 **** poor coaches. He's trying to mend a wounded reputation. Had we won 10 games this year (including a victory over FSU) damage would've been diminished quicker. He's done a great job of restoring our rep off the field, but the view of us on the field needs to change. That will come w/ time, I feel (I'm optimistic)

Go on a 5 game winning streak, see a top rated kid flash the U on National TV at an all star game and that will start changing the perception on the field. It's a work in progress.

Last edited:
We weren't treating So. Fla right, both on and off the field. Although I wish the kids in So. Fla had the same attitude as the kids in So. CA when it comes to the home school, I realize that will never happen.

We had Coker who was waiting for kids to come to him v. him going to the kids. He only survived as long as he did b/c he had Butch's recruits and kids were drawn to those teams, but once the leadership eroded, he and the team showed their true colors and kids started going elsewhere.

Radio came through and he recruited a couple of schools heavy, and the others he didn't even bother. Product on and off the field sucked, putting a wider wedge between the school and the community.

Al Golden brought this school to an all time low. We heard on Pete's podcast that the **** wouldn't even return HS Coaches phone calls and this is not the first time that was stated. Then he tried to strong arm ppl into committing on the spot, and would rather offer a "coal shoveling" kid who attended his wack camp than any beast who didn't. PLUS WE SUCKED ON THE FIELD. Needless to say that the wedge between Miami and the community is at an all time high.

Here comes Richt, who inherited 13 years of damage created by 3 **** poor coaches. He's trying to mend a wounded reputation. Had we won 10 games this year (including a victory over FSU) damage would've been diminished quicker. He's done a great job of restoring our rep off the field, but the view of us on the field needs to change. That will come w/ time, I feel (I'm optimistic)

Go on a 5 game winning streak, see a top rated kid flash the U on National TV at an all star game and that will start changing the perception on the field. It's a work in progress.
Perfectly said.

extremely better put than my OP, well done

If anybody knows why these SFL players leave to go play elsewhere it's you....So, what's the number one reason in your honest opinion why some of the elite SFL players go elsewhere? and what can UM do to get most of them to stay

Advertisement
Back