South Florida Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement

I thought it was Pope, but I would rather make sure before I spoke on it

Depends on the metric, but the 247 composite is what should be used to reduce outliers. It isn't Pope (second), but cook (UGA).

And in regards to broward, 1 and 2 are at heritage both uncommitted, 3 (FSU) and 4 are (Miami) are STA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Depends on the metric, but the 247 composite is what should be used to reduce outliers. It isn't pope who is second, but cook (UGA).

And in regards to broward, 1 and 2 are at heritage both uncommitted, 3 (FSU) and 4 are (Miami) are STA.

Cook is a bum compared to Pope.

You will have to point out where I said that was my opinion, and not where I said based on 247 composite.

Depends on the metric, but the 247 composite is what should be used to reduce outliers. It isn't pope who is second, but cook (UGA).

Cook is a bum compared to Pope.

Cook is just a bum, comparison not needed

Advertisement
Lets talk realistic now..... If Cook was committed to us ya would be saying hes the best in dade... Since hes not and hes Dalvins brother ya will flame him. Hes a VERY VERY good RB.. Has a higher ceiling than CamRon due to frame.. and has produced against the best locally and nationally..

Advertisement
Take it a bit further, what south Florida kids the staff wanted did we not get? So far I'm at 1.

Unprecedented... within 2 years Richt has rebuilt the state of Miami

We wanted Kevin Austin and Xavier Williams early on in the cycle. I think everyone can agree this is one **** of a class right now with the potential to land a few more studs.

Absolutely! I like the quote from Doherty.... "a focused miami recruiting effort is a dangerous one."

Surtain has to be considered best in Broward, no?

Regardless of Top 3, OP's point is dead on. We're doing as well as we have ever done locally, even during the championship years. Skeeter (who also posts on here) posted this top 20 tri-county list on Shadow's board. I can't argue with his rankings, though I'd find a spot for Rousseau. Given who we targeted and chose not to target, we have a very high conversion rate this year.

-----------
1. Surtain - TBD
2. Campbell- UM Lean
-- ( Jobe prep) -- Bama
3. Hall- UM
4. Pope- UM
5. X Williams -- Bama
6. J.Cook -- UGa
7. Frierson -- UM
8. Samuel- TBD (UM v FSU?)
9. Austin -- ND
10. N.Joseph (genron) -- UGa
11. Silvera - UM verbal
12. Thornton- Baylor
13. Joyner- UM
14. Davis- UM
15. Scaiffe- UM
16. Blades- UM
17. CJ Smith (off field)
18. Chatfield -- TBD (UM lean?)
19. Bonitto -- TBD
20. Moore -
21. Louis -- USCe
22. Wiggins- UM
23. Schwarz -- TBD
24. Watt
25. Ivey- UM

*Plus Rousseau who would be in my next 5-7 players..Possibly Bethel too as a Dade flyer.

Advertisement
I look forward to the day when Bama doesnt come down here and pick a WR. So sick of those inbred ********.

This is like the longest they have gone without being on probation in a while, courtesy of Mark Emmert.

Would be frustrating as **** to see the top 3 there go to the SEC.

Best season in 15 years an still lose out on the upper elite kids.

We need some real bagmen.

I look forward to the day when Bama doesnt come down here and pick a WR. So sick of those inbred ********.

This is like the longest they have gone without being on probation in a while, courtesy of Mark Emmert.

Pope, Wiggins, Hightower. ... Williams would have been nice, and would have made the class marginally better. Are we going to lose a game over the next four years because he's not a Cane? Nope.

The beautiful thing about the tri-county is also the problem. There is too much talent here for one program to monopolize, and it's of such high quality that other Top 10 teams will invest heavily here, especially teams that don't have a fertile enough local recruiting base. You don't see Texas, Ohio State, USC, LSU or Michigan except for a targeted player or two. But Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Louisville, USCe, UF cannot win without casting a wider net, so they need to camp out in So Florida and pick up at least 2-3 kids to make their numbers, more depending upon the program.

As long as we get half of the top 10 tri-county recruits every year, and another selective 5-8 from the next 15, we're in great shape. Round out with 5-10 No FL/Ga kids and 5+ national elite kids like we are getting this year, and Miami is a perennial participant in the playoffs.

As much as I wanna keep kids away from the SEC teams I'm mostly concerned with keeping them away from our ACC foes. (mainly FSU & Clemson)
Those are the teams we need to beat to get to the playoffs, which is turn helps us recruit at a high level yearly.

Advertisement
Back