South Florida Coaches?

Advertisement
Since 2006 when most of these kids were in 5-7 grade...

7-6 (beat freaking Nevada 21-20 inthe MPC Computers Bowl haha)
5-7
7-6 (lost Emerald bowl to Cal 24-17)
9-4 (lost Champs Sports Bowl to Wisky 20-14)
7-6 (lost Sun Bowl to the Domers 33-12, while having snowball fights and running into brick walls)
Nevingate...
6-6 (Self impose)
9-4 (Self impose ACCCG & possible OB)

Winning cures everything.

Bingo. This isn't about skin color.

The **** its not. Did you ever see Uncle Puke putting randy on blast like he has been golden since day 1?

Advertisement
Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, Butch, Coker...all 'woods.

Race isnt the issue, it's agendas.

How many of them replaced an AA coach? The community feels UM did Randy wrong, and many will root like **** for the next guy to fail no matter what

You know for a FACT the WHOLE COMMUNITY feels Randy should still be Head Coach and they dislike Golden?

Judging by people like Mamma Howard, Mamma Duke, and Pop Dorsett, the community loves Al. It's these pied pipers who feel as though they need to be groveled to, in order for a professional relationship to work.

Just from reading that **** lukes tweets you can tell race is a factor. He feels that shannon didnt get the love or benefit of the doubt from the school or from the fans the way golden does. And he as im sure the coaches that think like him feel the double standard had to do with shannon being black. I don't get it. Look at shannons record when he got fired dude was below average at best (from a win loss perspective for miami standards).

The reality is I think for coaches like harris, luke and others of their ilk there is the university of miami pre-shannon which everyone rooted for and UM post miami which is no longer the U family it was due to how they treated him.

Golden is gonna have to deal with this soft shouldered ***gotry for the length of his time here. It will get a bettwr when we start winning but it will always be there unfortunately.

The mistake of hiring shannon permeates so many facets that its stench will be around for quite a while longer.

Last edited:
i dont think it has a lot to do with skin color, its just that randy was there boy and they wanted him here, another thing everyone is right these coaches want the spotlight as much as they can, randy gave them everything they wanted and they are used to that, Golden does to an extent, he is not picking up a kid just because he goes to the same school as a five star and that school has a good ralationship with the coach, these coaches dont like that

Advertisement
i dont think it has a lot to do with skin color, its just that randy was there boy and they wanted him here, another thing everyone is right these coaches want the spotlight as much as they can, randy gave them everything they wanted and they are used to that, Golden does to an extent, he is not picking up a kid just because he goes to the same school as a five star and that school has a good ralationship with the coach, these coaches dont like that

Look i'm not gunna sit here and say some coaches in SFL are salty about Randy still because there are. Randy was a cane ,won a chip here, he's from Miami and was a D1 black head coach which we know is hard to become. Believe it or not Randy was hated down here more than liked. He alienated some schools down here and had his favorites. Golden is trying to help mend those relationships but it still will take a couple years.. He's doing a great job and as a African american i respect him and i'm behind him 100 percent. But yes some coaches down here defintely haven't given Golden a fair shot yet..

You know what? You can't please everyone. Knox is right. Winning cures everything. If Al wins, the "dissidents" get nozzles and go quiet.

We. Need. To. Win.

Win baby, just win and things will change. 10-2 would do the trick real nice, kids will want back in no matter what a high school coach says, It's all about winning.

Advertisement

Look i'm not gunna sit here and say some coaches in SFL are salty about Randy still because there are. Randy was a cane ,won a chip here, he's from Miami and was a D1 black head coach which we know is hard to become. Believe it or not Randy was hated down here more than liked. He alienated some schools down here and had his favorites. Golden is trying to help mend those relationships but it still will take a couple years.. He's doing a great job and as a African american i respect him and i'm behind him 100 percent. But yes some coaches down here defintely haven't given Golden a fair shot yet..

i agree with you, i forgot to to type that in my post that randy also picked favorites and told the other schools to eff off, and yes its going to take some time, AG has a good relationship with the schools that randy pushed aside and some of these you can say Randy schools havent felt him yet mainly because of the fact that the coaches were boys

It has never been a racial issue until Shannon got fired. I'm sure once we start winning, puke and ice Jr will both stfu

Advertisement
A couple random thoughts by me:

1) ANYONE who thinks Randy did not get a fair shot and/or who thought Randy was ever going to turn things around is completely disconnected from the facts. Randy was not ready to be a head coach at that level. Far from it.

2) For those saying coach Golden and staff need to do more to connect with the local HS coaches, what should he/they be doing that that he/they are not doing now?? Specifics, please.

Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, Butch, Coker...all 'woods.

Race isnt the issue, it's agendas.

How many of them replaced an AA coach? The community feels UM did Randy wrong, and many will root like **** for the next guy to fail no matter what

You know for a FACT the WHOLE COMMUNITY feels Randy should still be Head Coach and they dislike Golden?

Not the whole community. Sorry for typing that. There are some who are upset over what happened to randy despite him driving the program into the ground

It has never been a racial issue until Shannon got fired. I'm sure once we start winning, puke and ice Jr will both stfu

Winning will definitely help. Dont get me wrong. Just saying Puke wouldve never put randy on blast like he is golden

Winning will definitely help. Dont get me wrong. Just saying Puke wouldve never put randy on blast like he is golden

But who cares what Uncle Luke has to say? I'm not sure who's taking him seriously at this point, or listening to what he has to say.

Advertisement
Back