south florida athlete

verobeachcane

Recruit
Banned
With the last 4 coaching staffs failing horribly. Perhaps there is something else to consider thats the problem. The new generation of south florida athletes may possibly be the issue. Our roster is close to 90% kids south of Orlando. Yes there is a wealth of talent, that is undeniable. But Georgia Bama Clemson Florida Ohio st and many other schools recruit down here for the skill positions. But their rosters only have a handful south florida kids. The rest are made up of kids from georgia, loiusiana, the midwest and other states. There is much more geographical diversity on those teams. I feel like this new generation of south florida kids are a "look at me" and are more concerned with themselves then the team as a whole. I only bring it up because every coach is failing miserably with what appears to be a talented rosters most years. We consistently put players in the pros and have nothing to show for it. Just trying to think outside the box here. I would like to see us go more into georgia louisiana, out west and the northeast.

PS
Yes I'm aware our AD and Bot stink and thats an issue too.

Advertisement
With the last 4 coaching staffs failing horribly. Perhaps there is something else to consider thats the problem. The new generation of south florida athletes may possibly be the issue. Our roster is close to 90% kids south of Orlando. Yes there is a wealth of talent, that is undeniable. But Georgia Bama Clemson Florida Ohio st and many other schools recruit down here for the skill positions. But their rosters only have a handful south florida kids. The rest are made up of kids from georgia, loiusiana, the midwest and other states. There is much more geographical diversity on those teams. I feel like this new generation of south florida kids are a "look at me" and are more concerned with themselves then the team as a whole. I only bring it up because every coach is failing miserably with what appears to be a talented rosters most years. We consistently put players in the pros and have nothing to show for it. Just trying to think outside the box here. I would like to see us go more into georgia louisiana, out west and the northeast.

PS
Perhaps the Coaches that continually inept ADs bring to South Florida may perhaps be more of an issue.

This team is potentially taking the wrong South Florida guys. Miami loses out on most of the top guys then takes the second tier guys while spurning many that go on to successful careers in college. Today this program loses to programs full of recruits that Miami wouldn’t offer or take. Maybe Miami gets stuck with the local pretenders today.

There are grinders out there with athletic ability who can help win games for this program who will never be household names or make the pros. Miami today going by recruiting rankings is a top 15-25 talent team getting top 75 results. Guys aren’t developing and a lot may be coaching but at some point the players have to own up to the hard work required.

At this point Manny and his staff are playing walk ons instead of some 4 stars and a 5 star and giving them touches. There is either a horrendous effort and leadership issue or the staff is just insanely incompetent. Maybe both.

Advertisement
Yup its the day after another loss in CIS...
And now its every player in the state of Florida...
Yeah - that's it. Blame Florida.
What state is Jarren Williams from? Or Jakai Clarke, or Zion Nelson?

It's a typical dumb premise that people always use that it's a because we have players from Florida on our team that we're losing games, meanwhile EVERY SINGLE CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDING PROGRAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SPENDS LITERALLY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR TO RECRUIT THE REGION! Lol.

Quick question, does anybody know which region has the most players in the NFL???

They're good enough to play in the league, which is the highest level of competition for Football, but somehow not good enough to play at Miami... Interesting.
You can’t deny their is a look at me attitude with sofla kids.

Think about this, Pope catches a Hail Mary at the end of the half and is smiling like we won the game with the rings on afterwards. DJ and Thomas, non-sofla kids, don’t want a thing to do with that **** after they make crucial scores in the middle of a comeback.

Advertisement

PS
So the only thing that made us good and relevant you want us to get away from...HMM Okay

You can’t deny their is a look at me attitude with sofla kids.

Think about this, Pope catches a Hail Mary at the end of the half and is smiling like we won the game with the rings on afterwards. DJ and Thomas, non-sofla kids, don’t want a thing to do with that **** after they make crucial scores in the middle of a comeback.
Yes, only the South Fla kids celebrate when they makes plays, the OOS kids are just quiet humble little choir boys who say their prayers & take their vitamins before & after every game... 🙄

Smfh... Yall are really reaching hard with this sh*t man.

Yup its the day after another loss in CIS...
And now its every player in the state of Florida...
Yeah - that's it. Blame Florida.
just analyzing whats been going on. we continually have failed staffs. And everyone is blaming them.(and maybe rightfully so). But there is one common denominator and thats the players. Facts are facts you can decide to look deeper or just say the same redundant crap that everyone on here says. We clearly have a culture problem. 4 staffs have been unable to make better. To me that is alarming. We need kids from other states. Some of our most productive players on offense are not from florida fyi. Harley thomas and brevin. We had a room full of receivers with entitlement issues complaining last year and this year.

Advertisement
So the only thing that made us good and relevant you want us to get away from...HMM Okay
that was in the past. These guys don't have the same mindset. You're referencing prior generations. These dudes aint the same as the guys two generations ago. You are living in the past as most of this board does. The landscape has changed and our recruiting methods are old and outdated.

Yes, only the South Fla kids celebrate when they makes plays, the OOS kids are just quiet humble little choir boys who say their prayers & take their vitamins before & after every game... 🙄

Smfh... Yall are really reaching hard with this sh*t man.
Yep, didn’t say any of that.

The dog isn’t in these kids like it used to be. It is still the most talented region in the country and it always will be. There is just a different attitude down there now. Look at how they act during recruiting.

Advertisement
just analyzing whats been going on. we continually have failed staffs. And everyone is blaming them.(and maybe rightfully so). But there is one common denominator and thats the players. Facts are facts you can decide to look deeper or just say the same redundant crap that everyone on here says. We clearly have a culture problem. 4 staffs have been unable to make better. To me that is alarming. We need kids from other states. Some of our most productive players on offense are not from florida fyi. Harley thomas and brevin. We had a room full of receivers with entitlements problems complaining last year and this year.

Not going to get into a big thing with you over this - but what you are doing isn't analysis. You are making assumptions and broad characterizations based on your frustrations. Culture since you referenced it - this is built top down...not bottom up. Failed staffs, as you pointed out correctly...is just that, failure of the staff. All of this has nothing to do with whether a player is from Florida or not. Following your reasoning - that would mean there are no entitled kids in america in any other state except Florida. Cultures are created from leadership. So your argument should be we have a failed culture due to lack of leadership. Then we could have a more fruitful discussion on this.

that was in the past. These guys don't have the same mindset. You're referencing prior generations. These dudes aint the same as the guys two generations ago. You are living in the past as most of this board does. The landscape has changed and our recruiting methods are old and outdated.
They have the exact same mindset, they now just have more options and more money is involved. You take away premier south florida athletes from Miami then we are USF or UCF.. You wanna be that then fine

What state is Jarren Williams from? Or Jakai Clarke, or Zion Nelson?

It's a typical dumb premise that people always use that it's a because we have players from Florida on our team that we're losing games, meanwhile EVERY SINGLE CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDING PROGRAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SPENDS LITERALLY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR TO RECRUIT THE REGION! Lol.
thats my point exactly. they recruit a few kids down here and the rest of the team are guys from different parts of the country. Thats exactly what I'm saying.

Advertisement
Back