South Florida '24 - The TEs

itsdolphhh

Sophomore
Premium
I ain't got time to be writing op-ed pieces on each position. This ain't Siskel and Ebert. Here are your 2024 tight ends.

Colton Heinrich, Cardinal Gibbons (6'4" 230) - Waited his turn until his junior year, then blew up like napalm. Legit all-around tight end, nasty blocker in the run game & keeps DCs awake at night as a receiver. Speed after the catch is shocking for someone his size, he can split out wide and burn 4 star DBs. 4.4 GPA. Reminds me of a better blocking Will Mallory. Also played PF on the Gibbons basketball team. Georgia signee.

Ben Blackburn, Columbus (6'6" 235) - 42 catches, 708 yards and 10 TDs as a senior. He is a legit mismatch nightmare as a receiver. Speed in the open field is elite for a player as lanky as him. Needs to work on blocking. 5.52 GPA. Stanford signee.

Ryan Vanscoy, American Heritage - Delray (6'4" 230) - Lacrosse player with good hands & the ability to separate. A bit lumbering. Needs to work on blocking. 4.26 GPA. Army signee.

Advertisement
Heinrich should've been #1 TE target from the jump or 2 after Odom. Georgia got on him early and committed by the summer. Hartley can recruit for sure.
We tried, he visited us in March. We offered 5 days after Georgia (Why they were ahead of us for a guy in our state I don't know). I think he was TE1 or around it. Odom then visited us in May. Heinrich just liked UGA better so hard to get much traction to compete for him after he committed. Similar to the OL Ionata that had us #1 right up until Bama offered then we never heard of him again. Hard to argue with his decision when they are winning natty's and have a stud TE group (Bowers, Delp, Luckie, etc)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back