South Florida '24 - The Safeties

itsdolphhh

Sophomore
Premium
My bad y'all I forgot

Zaquan Patterson, Chaminade Madonna (6'0' 195) - Started out at TRU Prep. Has been a playmaker since the 4th grade. Can literally do everything asked at the safety position - blitz the QB, knock the RB's lights out, cover the deep 3rd, and man up against tight ends and slots. 7 picks and 10 PBUs as a senior. Has a knack for blocking punts and FGs. Battle-tested against the best competition in America. 11.21 100. Miami signee.

Xavier Lucas, American Heritage (6'1" 190) - Did freshman & sophomore year at Deerfield, junior year at Dillard, then finished up high school career with the Patriots. From a size-speed standpoint, was probably the most athletic DB in South Florida this class. Played CB in high school but projects as a pure safety at the next level. Press corner that can make a devastating hit in run support. 4 picks as a senior. 10.99 100. 4.3 GPA. Slightly bigger, but reminds me a lot of 2023 STA DB Conrad Hussey, who signed with FSU. Wisconsin signee.

Allen Bryant, St. Thomas Aquinas (6'1" 170) - Calvary Christian transfer. Another CB that projects as a S at the next level. Showcases good ball skills & closing speed. 11.07 100. Dad played DB at West Virginia. Pitt signee.

Jacob Cosby-Mosley, The Benjamin School (6'0" 185) - Track athlete with a violent disposition in the run game. At his best moving forward & rocking someone's snot box. Adequate in coverage. One of the best triple jumpers in the state and took home bronze at states with a 44'10.25" effort as a sophomore. Also a hurdler (15.11 in the 110.) Wake Forest signee.

Casey Etienne Jr., Cardinal Gibbons (6'2" 180) - Basketball convert with tools. Long with good ball skils & excellent closing speed. No track times but plays very fast. Averaged 15 points (52% FG), 7 rebounds and 5 assists a game as a senior & held legit D1 interest in hoops. 4.1 GPA. Princeton signee that I'm shocked didn't have bigger offers.

Jermaine Dalias, American Heritage (6'0" 180) - Monarch transfer. Game is built on the twin pillars of speed & violence. Highlight reel full of hits and forced fumbles. Great closing speed. All you see is limbs & dreads flying around in coverage. Can blitz the QB as well. Claims 4.49 40 and 4.12 shuttle. Not saying he'll be as good, but film reminds me a lot of Rayshawn Jenkins. Also competed in weightlifting & lettered in track. USF signee.

Curtis Janvier, Chaminade Madonna (6'0" 175) - Speedy centerfielder with good ball skills & hitting power. Excelled at nickel which could be his home at the next level. FAU signee.

Michael Wright III, Palm Beach Gardens (5'10" 180) - Rangy free safety with good ball skills. Good tackler in run support. Also played WR. FAU signee.

Keyveon Johnson, Western (6'2" 175) - Fort Lauderdale High transfer. Played WR for the Flying Ls but moved to DB as a senior and succeeded. Good closing speed & delivers pop as a hitter. Played primarily CB where he excelled in both press and zone coverage. Akron signee.

Kal-El Pascal, Dr. Krop (5'11" 175) - Played suspect competition and did what he was supposed to, dominate said competition. 106 tackles, 6 TFLs, 2 picks and 22 PBUs as a senior. 92 tackles, 7 picks and 20 PBUs as a junior. Great closing speed and ball skills. Good in run support. Average size. Bowling Green signee.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15335920/6302aa74f561260bc4af566a
Jaden Williams, Plantation (6'2" 190) - Dillard transfer. Two way player at both WR and S. 493 receiving yards and 4 TDs as a senior, to go with 3 picks and 5 PBUs. FIU signee.

Semaj Jackson, American Heritage (5'9" 170) - Played varsity at TRU Prep as an 8th & 9th grader, played 10th grade at STA, then did last two seasons at Heritage. Was a rotational player up until senior year, where he was handed the keys to the FS spot. Short centerfielder with great closing speed. Delivers a pop as a hitter. Good at blitzing the QB. Also has experience as a punt returner. FCS Campbell signee.

Jordan Saintilus, Blanche Ely (6'1" 175) - Coconut Creek transfer. Speedy with hateful intentions for the ballcarrier. No track times but plays very, very fast. Closes on the ballcarrier like a young Bob Sanders. Ballhawk in coverage. I'm surprised at the lack of Power 5 interest. Northern Iowa signee.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My bad y'all I forgot

Zaquan Patterson, Chaminade Madonna (6'0' 195) - Started out at TRU Prep. Has been a playmaker since the 4th grade. Can literally do everything asked at the safety position - blitz the QB, knock the RB's lights out, cover the deep 3rd, and man up against tight ends and slots. 7 picks and 10 PBUs as a senior. Has a knack for blocking punts and FGs. Battle-tested against the best competition in America. 11.21 100. Miami signee.

Xavier Lucas, American Heritage (6'1" 190) - Did freshman & sophomore year at Deerfield, junior year at Dillard, then finished up high school career with the Patriots. From a size-speed standpoint, was probably the most athletic DB in South Florida this class. Played CB in high school but projects as a pure safety at the next level. Press corner that can make a devastating hit in run support. 4 picks as a senior. 10.99 100. 4.3 GPA. Slightly bigger, but reminds me a lot of 2023 STA DB Conrad Hussey, who signed with FSU. Wisconsin signee.

Allen Bryant, St. Thomas Aquinas (6'1" 170) - Calvary Christian transfer. Another CB that projects as a S at the next level. Showcases good ball skills & closing speed. 11.07 100. Dad played DB at West Virginia. Pitt signee.

Jacob Cosby-Mosley, The Benjamin School (6'0" 185) - Track athlete with a violent disposition in the run game. At his best moving forward & rocking someone's snot box. Adequate in coverage. One of the best triple jumpers in the state and took home bronze at states with a 44'10.25" effort as a sophomore. Also a hurdler (15.11 in the 110.) Wake Forest signee.

Casey Etienne Jr., Cardinal Gibbons (6'2" 180) - Basketball convert with tools. Long with good ball skils & excellent closing speed. No track times but plays very fast. Averaged 15 points (52% FG), 7 rebounds and 5 assists a game as a senior & held legit D1 interest in hoops. 4.1 GPA. Princeton signee that I'm shocked didn't have bigger offers.

Jermaine Dalias, American Heritage (6'0" 180) - Monarch transfer. Game is built on the twin pillars of speed & violence. Highlight reel full of hits and forced fumbles. Great closing speed. All you see is limbs & dreads flying around in coverage. Can blitz the QB as well. Claims 4.49 40 and 4.12 shuttle. Not saying he'll be as good, but film reminds me a lot of Rayshawn Jenkins. Also competed in weightlifting & lettered in track. USF signee.

Curtis Janvier, Chaminade Madonna (6'0" 175) - Speedy centerfielder with good ball skills & hitting power. Excelled at nickel which could be his home at the next level. FAU signee.

Michael Wright III, Palm Beach Gardens (5'10" 180) - Rangy free safety with good ball skills. Good tackler in run support. Also played WR. FAU signee.

Keyveon Johnson, Western (6'2" 175) - Fort Lauderdale High transfer. Played WR for the Flying Ls but moved to DB as a senior and succeeded. Good closing speed & delivers pop as a hitter. Played primarily CB where he excelled in both press and zone coverage. Akron signee.

Kal-El Pascal, Dr. Krop (5'11" 175) - Played suspect competition and did what he was supposed to, dominate said competition. 106 tackles, 6 TFLs, 2 picks and 22 PBUs as a senior. 92 tackles, 7 picks and 20 PBUs as a junior. Great closing speed and ball skills. Good in run support. Average size. Bowling Green signee.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15335920/6302aa74f561260bc4af566a
Jaden Williams, Plantation (6'2" 190) - Dillard transfer. Two way player at both WR and S. 493 receiving yards and 4 TDs as a senior, to go with 3 picks and 5 PBUs. FIU signee.

Semaj Jackson, American Heritage (5'9" 170) - Played varsity at TRU Prep as an 8th & 9th grader, played 10th grade at STA, then did last two seasons at Heritage. Was a rotational player up until senior year, where he was handed the keys to the FS spot. Short centerfielder with great closing speed. Delivers a pop as a hitter. Good at blitzing the QB. Also has experience as a punt returner. FCS Campbell signee.

Jordan Saintilus, Blanche Ely (6'1" 175) - Coconut Creek transfer. Speedy with hateful intentions for the ballcarrier. No track times but plays very, very fast. Closes on the ballcarrier like a young Bob Sanders. Ballhawk in coverage. I'm surprised at the lack of Power 5 interest. Northern Iowa signee.

From what grade/year was that 11.2 in the 100?

I am very high on Dalias and think he ends up being an NFL player.

A couple SEC DB coaches were high on him. Dan Jackson at Vandy wanted him badly but never gave out the offer because he knew he was leaving after the season. Then, Wes Neighbors at Ole Miss. They took 5 safeties and never offered because of space but they wanted to after they saw his early senior year tape. Almost took him on signing day anyway. He had some connections from FAU and USF that told him they needed to give Dalias a hard look.

Xavier Lucas is another I would have liked to get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I feel like this thread wasn't appreciated enough.
Thread is always appreciated but timing on this stuff can have alot of influence also. Got spring, portal and '25 recruiting news popping.. Like anything in life timing is everything.. But those who know will peep and appreciate..

Good stuff as always, salute..

Advertisement
Back