South Florida '24 - The RBs

Dont get carried away on the bolded.

Dalvin Cook
Derrick Henry
James Cook
Raheem Mostert

Not sure why Nick Singleton is in there lol. Henry Parrish had a higher per carry than him n u would throw Parrish to the curve right now if u had to.

That was the area though that i figured you would state. They had a crazy up tick....

*Nate Noel just transferred to Mizzou if healthy look for big stats from him.

* Update i think i didnt count those recruiting classes ...Henry and Mostert are older.
1) I said since 2015 and gave you the entire state of FL - and your examples (that hadn't been named already) are:

Raheem Mostert - 2011
Derrick Henry - 2013
Dalvin Cook - 2014

Didn't you just prove my point if you went 0 for 3 on your examples?

2) Why Nick Singleton?

Nick Singleton was the #1 RB in 2022, ran for 1,000 yds & 6.8 ypc as a FR (although he did look sluggish and had a bad year last year)
Singleton is 220 and runs a 4.4 and is projected as a top RB in next years draft

So Singleton isn't a good example of talent - but Parrish & Noel, both 190 lb RB's who won't get drafted are good examples of talent? What are we doing here....

By comparing Singleton to Parrish - didn't you just prove my point again about the difference in talent?

Last edited:
Advertisement
1) I said since 2015 and gave you the entire state of FL - and your examples (that hadn't been named already) are:

Raheem Mostert - 2011
Derrick Henry - 2013
Dalvin Cook - 2014

Didn't you just prove my point if you went 0 for 3 on your examples?

2) Why Nick Singleton?

Nick Singleton was the #1 RB in 2022, ran for 1,000 yds & 6.8 ypc as a FR (although he did look sluggish and had a bad year last year)
Singleton is 220 and runs a 4.4 and is projected as a top RB in next years draft

So Singleton isn't a good example of talent - but Parrish & Noel, both 190 lb RB's who won't get drafted are good examples of talent? What are we doing here....

By comparing Singleton to Parrish - didn't you just prove my point again about the difference in talent?

*On my post i updated when i realized you stated since 2015. I was looking at nfl 2015 not their recruiting class.

Singleton had mid stats similar to Parrish. The only reason you arent downing him is because he is over 200 pds. lol
He can be projected as Earl Campbell next year just like Brad Kayaa, cant tout him as some legend when he has produced similar results to Parrish in a year. Why you aint tout lil Nate who ran for 1k+ his soph year?. or that doesnt count?.

South Florida may have had 4-5 nfl rbs with 50o+ rushing yards int he nfl last szn. It aint what it use to be but the demise seems over stated.

Lil Frank Gore maybe a draft pick this year i think. The rb class i havent study this year but thats your expertise i think its a lil weak. My sleeper rb is a rb from Monmouth of all places lol

*On my post i updated when i realized you stated since 2015. I was looking at nfl 2015 not their recruiting class.

Singleton had mid stats similar to Parrish. The only reason you arent downing him is because he is over 200 pds. lol
He can be projected as Earl Campbell next year just like Brad Kayaa, cant tout him as some legend when he has produced similar results to Parrish in a year. Why you aint tout lil Nate who ran for 1k+ his soph year?. or that doesnt count?.

South Florida may have had 4-5 nfl rbs with 50o+ rushing yards int he nfl last szn. It aint what it use to be but the demise seems over stated.

Lil Frank Gore maybe a draft pick this year i think. The rb class i havent study this year but thats your expertise i think its a lil weak. My sleeper rb is a rb from Monmouth of all places lol

I appreciate that you know and coached or coached against a lot of these guys. I appreciate you'll always defend/hype up the South FL RB's.

I'm not attacking these guys. I said South FL hasn't been the place for "top talent" in the past 10 years but "still has a ton of good players" - so why are you reading that as me calling it "the demise of South Florida"?

Guys like Henry Parrish, Nate Noel, Frank Gore Jr - they're nice college players, but you can easily find similar in a lot of areas.

But do you really think Henry Parrish is as good as Nick Singleton? I get you making the stats comparison, that's fine, but do you really think they're similar levels of talent?

Last edited:
Chauncey Bowens & Isaac Brown will be very good players.

I'm holding out hope that UGA's log jam in the RB room will push Bowens out to the Portal.
I really wanted Issac Brown to part of this years RB class. He the type of playmaker that we always kept on the roster. One that would make plays as a returner. Then when you put him on the field at a position. His speed and agility was a mismatch for defenses. Chauncey Bowens looks like what Cristobal wants Fletcher to be, but Fletcher downs have the same top end speed as Bowens.

Advertisement
As long as Lyle is the best of the bunch.
I’m hoping he can be the HR threat at RB. Michigan had 2 backs just breaking away in the championship. This is U and we always had that. If we can get that element back on our offense. It will truly make it much easier to call a game. Also opens up so much more of the offense.

I’m hoping he can be the HR threat at RB. Michigan had 2 backs just breaking away in the championship. This is U and we always had that. If we can get that element back on our offense. It will truly make it much easier to call a game. Also opens up so much more of the offense.
Have you seen any speed metrics to support that hope?

Advertisement
I appreciate that you know and coached or coached against a lot of these guys. I appreciate you'll always defend/hype up the South FL RB's.

I'm not attacking these guys. I said South FL hasn't been the place for "top talent" in the past 10 years but "still has a ton of good players" - so why are you reading that as me calling it "the demise of South Florida"?

Guys like Henry Parrish, Nate Noel, Frank Gore Jr - they're nice college players, but you can easily find similar in a lot of areas.

But do you really think Henry Parrish is as good as Nick Singleton? I get you making the stats comparison, that's fine, but do you really think they're similar levels of talent?
i dont really have to defend or hype the proof is kind of in the pudding for the most part this region is heavily dense with running back talent.

Your calling a guy with the same production as Henry Parrish a top elite talent.when we know you wouldnt call Henry Parrish that is what im getting at. You wouldnt call Parrish that because he isnt over 200 pds.

Nick Singleton is a projection...could be drafted high based on measurables n work in shirts n shorts like ALOT of Penn State players that do so and flame out or become mid in the NFL. At this point it s ayearly thing to see a Penn State guy get the hype around combine time n see the stats and them having 3 sacks on the year or 1 td or some other bum *** mid stats. Its kind of became their thing lol

I have my theory on the rb position perceive to be lacking as of late...and that could be the scheme change down here and ALL high schools runnign spread offenses. Possibly though i like the last 2 cycles rb groupings...and im a big Jordan Lyle fan.

i dont really have to defend or hype the proof is kind of in the pudding for the most part this region is heavily dense with running back talent.

Your calling a guy with the same production as Henry Parrish a top elite talent.when we know you wouldnt call Henry Parrish that is what im getting at. You wouldnt call Parrish that because he isnt over 200 pds.

Nick Singleton is a projection...could be drafted high based on measurables n work in shirts n shorts like ALOT of Penn State players that do so and flame out or become mid in the NFL. At this point it s ayearly thing to see a Penn State guy get the hype around combine time n see the stats and them having 3 sacks on the year or 1 td or some other bum *** mid stats. Its kind of became their thing lol

I have my theory on the rb position perceive to be lacking as of late...and that could be the scheme change down here and ALL high schools running spread offenses. Possibly though i like the last 2 cycles rb groupings...and im a big Jordan Lyle fan.

What I said: Singleton was the #1 RB in 2022, ran for 1,000 yds & 6.8 ypc as a FR is 220 and runs a 4.4 and is projected as a top RB in next years draft
Your Interpretation: I only like Singleton because he's over 200 lbs and I hate Parrish because he's under 200 lbs

What You said: Singleton is a projection...could be drafted high based on measurables like ALOT of Penn State players that do so and flame out or become mid in the NFL.
My Interpretation: Huh?? The last 2 Penn St RB's drafted - Saquon Barkley & Miles Sanders - were both NFL Pro-Bowlers.

This isn't as funny as the classic Mark Walton > Saquon Barkley thread - but it's not too far off. There's some absolute gems in there.

What I said: Singleton was the #1 RB in 2022, ran for 1,000 yds & 6.8 ypc as a FR is 220 and runs a 4.4 and is projected as a top RB in next years draft
Your Interpretation: I only like Singleton because he's over 200 lbs and I hate Parrish because he's under 200 lbs

What You said: Singleton is a projection...could be drafted high based on measurables like ALOT of Penn State players that do so and flame out or become mid in the NFL.
My Interpretation: Huh?? The last 2 Penn St RB's drafted - Saquon Barkley & Miles Sanders - were both NFL Pro-Bowlers.

This isn't as funny as the classic Mark Walton > Saquon Barkley thread - but it's not too far off. There's some absolute gems in there.
You keep on about in 2022 what did he do in 2023?.

You are obsessed with weight at running back which is what my dig was. I prefer the bigger backs to so im just busting balls (pause)

What you said: Singleton is 6'0 220 runs a 4.4 so he is the best rb ever created

My interpretation: he had similar rushing numbers to Henry Parrish in 2023

What you said: Parrish wont be drafted he isnt the same talent.

My thoughts: Katron Allen out played him in 2023 you should be touting him lol

Quite frankly could care less about Nick Singleton what Danny Green said if you wanna crown him then crown his ***. Lol

I mean it aint like im used to seeing elite rb play being a um fan.

Advertisement
We’ll just by the film and being able to pull away from SFLA comp. I’m hoping it translates to the next level. I mean with our OL they should be able to open some holes. The way Michigans did for their backfield.
Yea Jordan has enough juice to bust some long runs. Woth college s&c may get even faster

Dont get carried away on the bolded.

Dalvin Cook
Derrick Henry
James Cook
Raheem Mostert

Not sure why Nick Singleton is in there lol. Henry Parrish had a higher per carry than him n u would throw Parrish to the curve right now if u had to.

That was the area though that i figured you would state. They had a crazy up tick....

*Nate Noel just transferred to Mizzou if healthy look for big stats from him.

* Update i think i didnt count those recruiting classes ...Henry and Mostert are older.
Bruh, you left out Mark Walton.

You keep on about in 2022 what did he do in 2023?.

You are obsessed with weight at running back which is what my dig was. I prefer the bigger backs to so im just busting balls (pause)

What you said: Singleton is 6'0 220 runs a 4.4 so he is the best rb ever created

My interpretation: he had similar rushing numbers to Henry Parrish in 2023

What you said: Parrish wont be drafted he isnt the same talent.

My thoughts: Katron Allen out played him in 2023 you should be touting him lol

Quite frankly could care less about Nick Singleton what Danny Green said if you wanna crown him then crown his ***. Lol

I mean it aint like im used to seeing elite rb play being a um fan.
You still haven't answered - Do you think Parrish is as good as Singleton? I assume yes because you keep saying they have the same stats?

I'll agree with you - Singleton was BAD last year and needs to bounce back. And if you glance at the stats, Singleton & Parrish can look similar.

IMO - Here's the difference. Parrish has 450 touches over 4 years, and his longest play is 38 yds.

Here's Singleton's Freshman Highlights:

Play 1 - 87 yd TD Run
Play 2 - 54 yd TD Run
Play 3 - 100 yd TD Kick Return
Play 4 - 44 yd TD Run
Play 5 - 45 yd TD Run
Play 6 - 53 yd Run
Play 7 - 48 yd Run
Play 8 - 27 yd TD Run

You think Parrish looked like this last year?

Last edited:
Advertisement
You still haven't answered - Do you think Parrish is as good as Singleton? I assume yes because you keep saying they have the same stats?

I'll agree with you - Singleton was BAD last year and needs to bounce back. And if you glance at the stats, Singleton & Parrish can look similar.

IMO - Here's the difference. Parrish has 450 touches over 4 years, and his longest play is 38 yds.

Here's Singleton's Freshman Highlights:

Play 1 - 87 yd TD Run
Play 2 - 54 yd TD Run
Play 3 - 100 yd TD Kick Return
Play 4 - 44 yd TD Run
Play 5 - 45 yd TD Run
Play 6 - 53 yd Run
Play 7 - 48 yd Run
Play 8 - 27 yd TD Run

You think Parrish looked like this last year?

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

Advertisement
Back