South Florida '21- EDGE

View as article
Do we have any form of a shot at Stewart? I don't want to be negative, but realistically, we don't usually fare too well with guys who are 5* from South Florida. Maybe Rousseau will help with him?
Yes we do.

We've done a great job positioning ourselves to be in the race in his recruitment, we offered him as a Freshman & have been on him for years. He's a Pace kid & has connection with DVD & in his last update said that Miami is among the top schools that contacts him the most.

If we win & Rousseau gets drafted in the 1st round it'll give us some really strong bargaining chips to land him.

The question will become if he will turn down the bags from UGA, Clemson, Bama, LSU,TAMU, etc, that remains to be seen... The fact he's stayed at Pace for all his HS career is something to note, because normally kids like him transfer by their Senior year, which is an indicator of some bag chasing. Knock on wood, but the fact he hasn't left Pace yet could bode well for us.

Will we sign him? Maybe, maybe not, only time will tell.

Advertisement
I Like Peyton. I would be fine with a DE class of Him and Ishmael.

Peyton would have plenty of time to get bigger and stronger with college nutrition and strength training.

Him at 6’5 260 in 3-4 years could be very intriguing.

I just love these articles about talented S FL kids that will go play college ball somewhere other than Miami

Played against Sorensen, Williams (cgibbons) and Peters last season, coach one of the other guys.

-Sorensen is a hustle technique guy. DMONEY write up is exactly what i took when scouting to play him. He has big length he is like 6'3-6'4. But he has a motor. He's a fit in the Big 10..he will likely be a 270-280 pd DE. Not as twitchy as our ends typically are.

Out of all of them behind Turner to me being the most twitchy is Isiah Finnie and i know im bias. Kid is all get off and coiled up aggression. About 6'1 210...needed himt o get some off the ball work this spring as in college i believe that would be his thing. But check the first play in his highlight against Cardinal Gibbons and a Tackle with offers. Thats typically what he does. Finnie reminds me of Nate Harris. A former Um commit from Miami Edison that ended up going to Louisville and making it to the nfl.

This is him on the edge....

Bully..has WVU offer, Miami offer (dont know if commitable) NC STATE

Nate "Let Me Get Yo ****" Harris ... another could've been....

Advertisement
Played against Sorensen, Williams (cgibbons) and Peters last season, coach one of the other guys.

-Sorensen is a hustle technique guy. DMONEY write up is exactly what i took when scouting to play him. He has big length he is like 6'3-6'4. But he has a motor. He's a fit in the Big 10..he will likely be a 270-280 pd DE. Not as twitchy as our ends typically are.

Out of all of them behind Turner to me being the most twitchy is Isiah Finnie and i know im bias. Kid is all get off and coiled up aggression. About 6'1 210...needed himt o get some off the ball work this spring as in college i believe that would be his thing. But check the first play in his highlight against Cardinal Gibbons and a Tackle with offers. Thats typically what he does. Finnie reminds me of Nate Harris. A former Um commit from Miami Edison that ended up going to Louisville and making it to the nfl.

This is him on the edge....

Bully..has WVU offer, Miami offer (dont know if commitable) NC STATE

See thats the kind of dog we need in our locker room. I know its just one play but thats that nasty **** we are lacking. We need a dam enforcer on special teams and on defense.

“I was originally hoping to do it before the season, but now (with the coronavirus outbreak) I don’t know if that will be the case,” Ishmael said, adding “I don’t have any favorites, will narrow things down over the summer.”

Ishmael says he’s talking regularly with Cane coaches - DL coach Todd Stroud is taking the lead role in his recruitment - and that “We talk about family, football; he’s a cool dude, texts me every day.”

Ishmael also has a very personal connection to the UM program: His father, Victor Ishmael, is entering his 17th year as Miami’s assistant strength and conditioning coach.

“He cares (where I go), that’s what he’s saying, but he won’t pressure me to do anything,” Ishmael said.

Advertisement
What is up with Frost and Nebraska. Hopefully he fails and that pipe dries up quickly. Talk about a business decision. What Miami kid would want to live in that tundra for 4 years?

Advertisement
Patrick Payton was a miss. We never had a shot with Dallas Turner. Jeremiah Peters, Jah-Mal Williams, Justice Cross and RJ Sorensen still have shots.

I would call Ishmael a bust, but I never expected anything from him in the first place. Kid had 0 production in high school.

Patrick Payton was a miss. We never had a shot with Dallas Turner. Jeremiah Peters, Jah-Mal Williams, Justice Cross and RJ Sorensen still have shots.

I would call Ishmael a bust, but I never expected anything from him in the first place. Kid had 0 production in high school.

I don’t think Payton was a miss. He had some success last year because he was playing opposite Verse but his numbers weren’t that good and the Noles talking about him being a rotational DE.

I don’t think Payton was a miss. He had some success last year because he was playing opposite Verse but his numbers weren’t that good and the Noles talking about him being a rotational DE.
He’s a miss for the simple fact the guy we took instead of him had 0 stats for us and never smelled the 2 deep and even in highschool didn’t put up numbers compared to payton it’s a miss

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back