South dade bucs band smokes the band of the hour

Advertisement
Lol what.

I wouldn't care if our band was full of tranys and played beiber music as long as our football team kicked ***.

Lol what.

I wouldn't care if our band was full of tranys and played beiber music as long as our football team kicked ***.

Sarcasm? Really though, embarrassing we invest that much money in the school of music and a high school band is much much better

Lol what.

Sarcasm? Really though, embarrassing we invest that much money in the school of music and a high school band is much much better

My son was in the Band of the Hour, and attended Frost. We raised a musician, so I kind of know their mindset.

Frost has excellent musicians. Trouble is that they, as a rule, hate marching band music.

Also, the school is small. That's why, at least in the past, they've had to use ringers just to get the size up. They also have to mic the band to make it louder. And, like the football program, they too have had some aholes as band directors.

Still it's a great school, and the only one I donate to.

Advertisement
That's been happening for decades. Band of the Hour sucks and I would know because I was in it. The marching band is the only wink link in the music program.

Another example of this university's ineptitude at organizing ANYTHING. That band has always been an abomination. They've got better unis than they had when I was there, but they still sound like ****.

Another example of this university's ineptitude at organizing ANYTHING. That band has always been an abomination. They've got better unis than they had when I was there, but they still sound like ****.

Not much the administration can do about the marching band. They just don't have the numbers to put out a band the size and quality of a B1G or SEC school. When I was there they let kids from MDCC march in the UM band just to get some bodies. What UM should do is be like Stanford. More of a pep band that doesn't take themselves seriously.

Advertisement
That band practicing on the IM fields was always waking me up when I was tryina sleep through class at 3 in the afternoon. Mad inconsiderate.

Lol what.

My son was in the Band of the Hour, and attended Frost. We raised a musician, so I kind of know their mindset.

Frost has excellent musicians. Trouble is that they, as a rule, hate marching band music.

Also, the school is small. That's why, at least in the past, they've had to use ringers just to get the size up. They also have to mic the band to make it louder. And, like the football program, they too have had some aholes as band directors.

Ding, ding, ding. The frost school of music is amazing. Glad you are a supportive parent. But what you just said symbolizes everything wrong w the school. Great musicians transcend genres. For example Nas, who was actually invited to play at the Arscht Center (I went and it was the best show I've ever seen) collaborates with all sorts of genres. But the marching band does not fit the elitist agenda (it's not a concert Hall pianist). Btw at any other school, chad Thomas would have been on gameday for his musical gifts. Why not at UM? Because he doesn't play to a black tie audience. What a shame...

Advertisement
Lol what.

Yeah, I used to hear years ago that the music majors were not very interested in the marching band. They used to use a lot of non-students, maybe they still do.

To correct this, fire AG and bring in Butch. We'll never have a good band as long as Dorino is the coordinator.

Advertisement
They can do whatever they want re the band. Syracuse & GT are small & have great bands! UM was better this year as they hired a new band director & you can already see the difference. Give him some time.

Not much the administration can do about the marching band. They just don't have the numbers to put out a band the size and quality of a B1G or SEC school. When I was there they let kids from MDCC march in the UM band just to get some bodies. What UM should do is be like Stanford. More of a pep band that doesn't take themselves seriously.

Advertisement
Back